Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 18-05-2011, 03:02 PM
Master
from my puny limited human perspective the seemingly individual soul is an expression aspect of the Universal Soul, a microcosm of and within the macrocosm.
Old 18-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Bluegreen

This forum, spiritualism, is one I have been avoiding.

Mac, I would like a definition of "spiritualism" and a specification of subjects appropriate or disappropriate to spiritualism whichever list is shorter. Thanks already.
Old 18-06-2011, 11:25 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
This forum, spiritualism, is one I have been avoiding.

Mac, I would like a definition of "spiritualism" and a specification of subjects appropriate or disappropriate to spiritualism whichever list is shorter. Thanks already.

In direct response to your request, Bluegreen:

See thread # 124, http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=989 or read the explanation shown below. After reading I hope it will be understood why many subjects do not relate to Spiritualism.

" 'Spiritualism' - under this forum title, itself under the umbrella of 'Religions and Faiths' - relates to the philosophy and teachings of Modern Spiritualism. That is a registered, officially recognised religion in the UK.

The words or terms 'spiritualism' (common noun, lower case 's') is a catch-all one which encompasses anything to do with spirituality or being spiritual.

Spiritualism, or more accurately
Modern Spiritualism (http://www.snu.org.uk/Spiritualism/history.htm ) is highly specific and not something that applies to just anything spiritual - whatever it's thought that 'spiritual' means....."
Old 18-06-2011, 12:22 PM
Suspended
Hiya mac

Why don't staff just move the thread to a more appropriate place? I often see you step in when a post is wrongly in this section and it tends to get left here...do you know why?

Squatch
Old 18-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
In direct response to your request, Bluegreen:

See thread # 124, http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=989 or read the explanation shown below. After reading I hope it will be understood why many subjects do not relate to Spiritualism.

" 'Spiritualism' - under this forum title, itself under the umbrella of 'Religions and Faiths' - relates to the philosophy and teachings of Modern Spiritualism. That is a registered, officially recognised religion in the UK.

The words or terms 'spiritualism' (common noun, lower case 's') is a catch-all one which encompasses anything to do with spirituality or being spiritual.

Spiritualism, or more accurately
Modern Spiritualism (http://www.snu.org.uk/Spiritualism/history.htm ) is highly specific and not something that applies to just anything spiritual - whatever it's thought that 'spiritual' means....."

The forum's name should be changed. It is confusing and you will probably have to continue 'policing' the threads.
Modern Spiritualism seems to be what used to be called spiritism except that it left the dark rooms of séances. (I noticed that there is a spiritism forum.)

Some of the people who practised 'spiritism' were genuine but allowed their bodies to be used by discarnate spirits. I take it that is no longer the case with Modern Spiritualism where people use their mediumistic gifts.

There is much overlap with other forums.
Old 18-06-2011, 05:33 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya mac

Why don't staff just move the thread to a more appropriate place? I often see you step in when a post is wrongly in this section and it tends to get left here...do you know why?

Squatch

We do have an arrangement where if I ask because the subject matter isn't related to 'Spiritualism', the moderator will move the thread - a few have already been moved in this way.

This one had already run for some time (May 18 last postings) and I thought it was about finished so I didn't bother asking for a move.....

Now this belated correspondence has revived the thread, perhaps it ought to go elsewhere?
Old 18-06-2011, 05:46 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
The forum's name should be changed. It is confusing and you will probably have to continue 'policing' the threads.
Modern Spiritualism seems to be what used to be called spiritism except that it left the dark rooms of séances. (I noticed that there is a spiritism forum.)

Some of the people who practised 'spiritism' were genuine but allowed their bodies to be used by discarnate spirits. I take it that is no longer the case with Modern Spiritualism where people use their mediumistic gifts.

There is much overlap with other forums.

I don't see why the forum name needs changing. It is after all the official name of the UK's formally recognised religion and is appropriately to be found under the 'Beliefs and Faiths' umbrella along with Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism et al

There are many alternative forums to discuss topics unrelated to Spiritualism. I explained the basis of Spiritualism and I don't see why the matter should confuse anyone after reading that piece.

As for your other points about Spiritualism and Spiritism I'd be happy to discuss them in this forum should you wish to start a suitable thread.
Old 18-06-2011, 05:59 PM
Bluegreen

Thanks for explaining. You are right about it being under Beliefs and Faiths. But still confusing for newbies in view of all the many forums.

If I knew enough about Spiritualism and Spiritism, I might start a thread. Perhaps I will in the future. Give me time.