Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 02-01-2020, 07:22 AM
Master
God's self management.

So, presume God is free. He/She is free to choose His path. He can love others. Check. He can love God. Check. He can express His freedom and go on a wild ride. Check.

However what is the wisest form of self management for God? If He is not careful He can blow His reality.

I am listening very carefully to how the eastern religions manage themselves. They protect and preserve themselves. They do not blow their reality on physical pursuits, or on romance, or on adventure.

They practice the art of self preservation. They CONTAIN themselves. Which is something I have never done. In many ways I gave myself away.

Yes God is free and because of that He needs to learn self conservation otherwise He will suffer from His recklessness.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 03-01-2020, 06:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
So, presume God is free. He/She is free to choose His path. He can love others. Check. He can love God. Check. He can express His freedom and go on a wild ride. Check.

However what is the wisest form of self management for God? If He is not careful He can blow His reality.

I am listening very carefully to how the eastern religions manage themselves. They protect and preserve themselves. They do not blow their reality on physical pursuits, or on romance, or on adventure.

They practice the art of self preservation. They CONTAIN themselves. Which is something I have never done. In many ways I gave myself away.

Yes God is free and because of that He needs to learn self conservation otherwise He will suffer from His recklessness.

Honza,

I detect that you harbor a fear that God is made in the image and likeness of man. In other words, because man is seen to be as reckless then it is likely that God can also be reckless? You speak of the eastern religions as being a modicum of sensibility? Using their own free will they have achieved this balance? Have they discovered something God was not aware of? I can only wonder who created them...….:)
Old 04-01-2020, 02:13 AM
Master

Quote:

Did you not wonder, why God has such restraint as to not be doing 'miracles' all the time to at least prove his presence if nothing else?

Why he has the restraint to no longer be angry at us or at least not be 'in our face' showing that he is?

why he is so quiet these days for that matter?

why there are so many who say they know him but simple honest reading of the scritpures belies the idea they know anything at all? And in his infiinte wisdom he allows this situation to continue rather than forcing people to think 'right thoughts' about him or about life in general?

why jesus could essentially say on the cross that everyone was deluded but then say 'forgive them' and go to his own death anyway. Instead of trying to correct them, or to even save himself when he obviously had the power to do so?

Personally I think there is something deeper than the eastern masters comprehend going on with God.
Old 20-01-2020, 07:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Honza,

I detect that you harbor a fear that God is made in the image and likeness of man. In other words, because man is seen to be as reckless then it is likely that God can also be reckless? You speak of the eastern religions as being a modicum of sensibility? Using their own free will they have achieved this balance? Have they discovered something God was not aware of? I can only wonder who created them...….:)
"When God said, “Let us make mankind in our image"": we might want to speculate who the 'us' that is being mentioned.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 20-01-2020, 10:20 AM
Master
Quote:

What I am about to say, you must take with a grain of salt.

The "God" I worship, Lord Shiva has blown his cover or reality many times by what human beings would call "recklessness", but then again the "freedom" which a God has, also means that he/she/it is also free as to not abide by any constraints that the human species would convey or confer onto it by saying: "this is what God should/not do in order for God to BE God".

Hindus have a term for this...it is called "leela" which means "divine play" in that any self management or lack thereof, is purified and made manageable or accountable simply because God is doing it and for no other reason. This is not in accordance with any human understanding of rationality or sensibility which may be a difficult pill to swallow for most...and quite understandably so.

When Shiva's first wife Sati was abused, hounded, and driven to suicide by her demonic father, Prajapati Daksha...Lord Shiva became furious with grief. He transformed into a demon Himself called Veerbhadra who set about mercilessly killing Daksha's lackeys and then beheading Daksha himself..now, many humans would feel repulsed and repugnant about any "loving and merciful God" who did that...but those who truly understand will love Shiva even more because of it and say: Jai Veerbhadra! Good on you! That evil tyrant got what was coming to him!

Of course, being abused by one's own father provided some cognitive bias there...

To those who truly know and understand God, He always "self manages" and can do nothing wrong...even when it appears he is not under self management according to the morals and ethics of any species he created because if they become too big for their boots, it will be no skin off His cosmic nose to just destroy us all without lifting a finger and many people either don't accept that, or don't want to know about it.

Yes, God is love and Divine Retribution is an act of love...love for other species which are being abused and driven to extinction by human greed, pride and arrogance....one day the balance is going to irreversibly tip and God will apply self management to rectify the damage caused.

...but like I said, take this as you find it.
Old 20-01-2020, 10:49 AM
Master
Hi Shivani,

I understand your POV. However to me God needs to be accountable. I am not sure that God does have unlimited freedom. Once God does something it is done - can He undo it? Unlimited freedom is a source of madness. God is free to act...but He is answerable to His own actions just like we are.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.

Last edited by Honza : 20-01-2020 at 12:01 PM.
Old 20-01-2020, 11:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
What I am about to say, you must take with a grain of salt.

To those who truly know .

Good job you mentioned the grain of salt.

The constantly promoted belief (induced by religions) that we are born to be good and obey (in order to enter heaven) is a tragic error in the concept of the universe's plan and an insult to mankind's intellect.

'A clear conscience is the sure sign of a bad memory'
- Mark Twain.
Old 20-01-2020, 12:16 PM
Master
Quote:

are you talking about God or yourself? I believe you learn who you really are " self realization" by doing the things you mentioned. Physical pursuits, romance and adventure. If you place yourself in a box to be "preserved". How will you ever know anything else? Make mistakes, you will suffer from the mistakes but you'll learn from every one of them. You'll learn who you are as a individual. It can be hard but you'll become more the just someone who follows one small set of ideas
Old 20-01-2020, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
are you talking about God or yourself? I believe you learn who you really are " self realization" by doing the things you mentioned. Physical pursuits, romance and adventure. If you place yourself in a box to be "preserved". How will you ever know anything else? Make mistakes, you will suffer from the mistakes but you'll learn from every one of them. You'll learn who you are as a individual. It can be hard but you'll become more the just someone who follows one small set of ideas

…….....Bam!
Old 20-01-2020, 01:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
Good job you mentioned the grain of salt.
Yeah, it is funny how those things which should go without saying often needs to be said.