Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 07-04-2017, 12:58 AM
Newbie ;)

Why the tarot is criticized but go to the psychologist no??

People don´t realize that we should to fill the need of use the spirituality. Some people pray, some other use the tarot, some other go to the psychologist
Old 07-04-2017, 03:55 AM
Experiencer

Why not go to a psychic psychologist priest..? :P (commonly known as the Triple P .. not really, I just made that up)

Oddly.. my mum fit that category, and I only need to be ordained to fit it too.

But you're right. The problem is with religion. Anyone that didn't adhere to their belief set was persecuted... and so spirituality, the occult, and magic were banished. Even the teachings within religion that dealt with spirituality were obscured and rewritten to keep people in the dark.
Old 07-04-2017, 08:25 AM
Master
I think most people are intolerant of ways other than their own; this is a spin-off from tribal warfare, which breeds racism and prejudice in general. Only now a person views their religion as their tribe and see those who practice tarot, or anything different, as belonging to an opposing tribe.

Most people view the world, or other human beings, in a fragmented way; they do not see us as one and many feel threatened by anything different, or something which they do not know. This is the world we live in, where people judge people according to the color of their skin, their job or economic bracket, their religion or other related practice, etc.

We live in a judgmental world where people are categorized often by either being with them or against them. It should not be that way but that is the way it is and it has been this way since humanity began. We are fortunate today to be able to discuss our spiritual and religious beliefs here online because in past centuries people who had different beliefs than the majority were jailed, tortured, or killed. The human race has yet to wake up from its’ past conditioning.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:48 AM
Master
The world can't tolerate differences and right now the western civilization is in power and anything that does not conform with that is judged negatively. The church and medicine is what is acceptable.
Old 07-04-2017, 05:23 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarotists
People don´t realize that we should to fill the need of use the spirituality. Some people pray, some other use the tarot, some other go to the psychologist

There's a double standard, almost seems hateful at times; being a spiritual person--you can believe in science and spirituality. However, some that don't believe in spirituality will almost have a malicious zeal towards convincing you it doesn't exist. I guess it just "is what it is."
Old 09-04-2017, 05:17 PM
Newbie ;)

A psychiatrist I saw last year prescribed me a medication that didn't even exist!! Twice!!! XD he prints out something for 15mg and I say something like no that's wrong, after about 5 mins he finally googled it (his main sorce for medical info BTW) and he tried to play it off in a lie like they just discontinued those and hr forgot =\ lol! That's our mental health system hard at work for u

Sorry. Irrelevant probably ... Carry on
Old 09-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Master
Tarot works. The Universe works. Science works but one does not discount the other. They are different systems.

I personally hate it when some Mr. Smartypants claims to know how the universe works and what is so and what is not so.

They will prove their point by 'demanding proof'. I could show them proof but why would I waste my time?

It is insulting and I hate it. It is ok to be religious. That is accepted but it isn't ok to believe in a universal power that isn't named Jesus H. Christ?

This country was founded on the concept of freedom of religion and that would include spiritual beliefs. A religion doesn't have to consist of more then one priest, parishoner and organist, or does it?

I have one of those internet licenses that says I am a reverend. My church is informal but we don't like stone throwers, church burners, or hate crimes.

Even on this very forum, I ran into someone who demanded proof about something that I shared as personal experience.

Why is someone being like that? I was raised to believe in the mystical arts and it was never considered wrong or bad or ignorant, it was fine to be how you were. Many people are intolerant of others beliefs. I don't know why this is so . I don't get it. Why does anybody care?

I care if I think someone is in trouble but that is because I know that spiritual trouble can be a real problem. That is my only concern about what someone else does.. Safe and sane is the policy.
Old 09-04-2017, 10:30 PM
Master
I have faith in 3 main different beliefs currently. Shamanism, Buddhism, and Catholicism.

I don't belong to any one of those beliefs because I have faith in different aspects of each, and I feel like the odd man out or the black sheep so to speak.

I have had Catholics spit, curse me and call me evil, I have had natives try and harm me and my family, and I have not actually met another Caucasian who believes as Buddha and the only one that did I did not know long, but let me have a book of theirs about Zen.

I believe in healing with herbs, stones, I love nature and am also religious and believe in God. I believe Tarot to be a valuable source of intelligence and communicating and finding answers, but I do not fit anywhere.

There will always be those out there to try and rain on another's parade so to speak. I have just come to the point where I do not let it bother me anymore. I will not waste my valuable time and effort trying to change the narrow views of others.

I believe all faiths contain truths and can be helpful. There are some whom prefer to condemn and judge others.

I prefer to let each and every individual live as they will. Simply because they will it. And what other's do is not in my control.

I don't know guys. I don't think anyone has all the answers. If they did or if anyone did, there would be no point to look and search anymore.

It's the journey folks. Cherish the good.
Old 10-04-2017, 12:19 PM
Lorelyen

You can keep psychology and psychiatry. Snake-oil. Pseudo professions*. They deal with social norms and the best they can do it twist physiology to shut "patients" up.

Tarot is a book of wisdom disguised as a deck of cards. It's in a realm that psychologists can't touch. They can't get at individuals' raw data.

Ask a psychologist how they'd measure wisdom....

*Ok a psychiatrist will also be a doctor of medicine and I'm not anti-that side of her/his profession.
Old 16-04-2017, 04:03 AM
Master

everyones different. astounding right?