Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 12-02-2017, 05:13 AM
Deactivated Account
Angel1 I am NOT.....

One of the many techniques to discover what you are is to find out what you are NOT.
I am not my body, I own a body.
I am not my feelings, I (sort of) own them.
I am not my thoughts, they just come and go through me.
I am not my attitudes.
I am not my goals and desires.
....and on and on - like that........until.......
OK, then what the heck am I now that there's NOTHING left here????
I know/feel that I am, that I exist but there seems to be NO actual "thing" that is me!
I know I'm not "space" because I still can FEEL my aliveness or presence and I don't believe "space" FEELS itself.
What the heck is this non-dual living, feeling, me anyway????
Some say it/you cannot be described or even known! Whew!
Some say you are Nothing - No Thing yet you are Everything. Its a paradox! [online dictionary: At the most basic level, a paradox is a statement that is self contradictory because it often contains two statements that are both true, but in general, cannot both be true at the same time.]
Some say you are Empty and Full - non-dual - the Void - Source - Awareness - Consciousness - Life - the Creator - God - It - Soul - and on and on......OUCH!

What's your take? What are you NOT???
Old 12-02-2017, 07:59 AM
Suspended
I'm not that bothered about what I am.
Old 12-02-2017, 08:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
One of the many techniques to discover what you are is to find out what you are NOT.
I am not my body, I own a body.
I am not my feelings, I (sort of) own them.
I am not my thoughts, they just come and go through me.
I am not my attitudes.
I am not my goals and desires.
....and on and on - like that........until.......
OK, then what the heck am I now that there's NOTHING left here????
I know/feel that I am, that I exist but there seems to be NO actual "thing" that is me!
I know I'm not "space" because I still can FEEL my aliveness or presence and I don't believe "space" FEELS itself.
What the heck is this non-dual living, feeling, me anyway????
Some say it/you cannot be described or even known! Whew!
Some say you are Nothing - No Thing yet you are Everything. Its a paradox! [online dictionary: At the most basic level, a paradox is a statement that is self contradictory because it often contains two statements that are both true, but in general, cannot both be true at the same time.]
Some say you are Empty and Full - non-dual - the Void - Source - Awareness - Consciousness - Life - the Creator - God - It - Soul - and on and on......OUCH!

I don't own my body Jim, I think ownership is having freedom to do whatever I want with what I own, I cannot do that with my body
Old 12-02-2017, 07:53 PM
Master
Renouncing what you are not is not in reflection of a unified Self .

You are all there is .

What else is there?

x daz x
Old 13-02-2017, 02:05 AM
Master
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_neti
Old 13-02-2017, 05:25 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Renouncing what you are not is not in reflection of a unified Self .

You are all there is .

What else is there?
Just this!
Old 13-02-2017, 08:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Just this!

Just This? and not That?

I say all of This and all of That ..

If one renounces This and not That, then all one is doing is renouncing and not embracing / unifying

Neti Neti separates the weeds from the roses, butt the weeds are the same as the rose .

x daz x
Old 13-02-2017, 05:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Thumbs up It's just happening

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Just This? and not That?
Asking is happening - by no one! It just happens.
Quote:
I say all of This and all of That ..
There is no separate, personal ‘I’/’me’ to say or do anything. “Saying” is simply happening.

Quote:
If one renounces This and not That, then all one is doing is renouncing and not embracing / unifying
There is no 'one' doing anything. There is only "renouncing" and "not embracing" (apparently) happening.

Quote:
Neti Neti separates the weeds from the roses, butt the weeds are the same as the rose .
Yes, "separation" apparently happens and no thing (neti, neti) is doing it. It just happens.
Sitting here typing these words is apparently happening BUT by no one. No one is doing it. It's just happening. Breathing is apparently happening but no one is doing it. Looking is apparently happening all by itself. The sounds of "dog barking", from down stairs, is just happening. There is no one and no thing doing anything. It's all just happening! Whatever happens next (breakfast, coffee, bowel movement, hair combing, tooth brushing, showering, etc. will JUST HAPPEN and no one will be doing any of it! There is NO ONE here - just this that is happening! Heart is beating. Nose is twitching, Hearing cars go by. Feeling light and free. It's all just happening BUT to and for NO ONE! This just is! (smiling is just happening!)

Last edited by jimrich : 13-02-2017 at 05:15 PM. Reason: More info
Old 13-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Suspended
Experiencer

Quote:

Hi jimrich,

If we approach this intellectually, is it still not incomplete?

What are you not? But what are you?

I think that words are used to point, but they are never conclusive in and of themselves, nor 'the end', and the Heart knows or will learn it for itself.

Thanks for allowing me a space to air my own opinions.

shiningstars
Old 14-02-2017, 07:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Asking is happening - by no one! It just happens.

There is no separate, personal ‘I’/’me’ to say or do anything. “Saying” is simply happening.

There is no 'one' doing anything. There is only "renouncing" and "not embracing" (apparently) happening.

Yes, "separation" apparently happens and no thing (neti, neti) is doing it. It just happens.
Sitting here typing these words is apparently happening BUT by no one. No one is doing it. It's just happening. Breathing is apparently happening but no one is doing it. Looking is apparently happening all by itself. The sounds of "dog barking", from down stairs, is just happening. There is no one and no thing doing anything. It's all just happening! Whatever happens next (breakfast, coffee, bowel movement, hair combing, tooth brushing, showering, etc. will JUST HAPPEN and no one will be doing any of it! There is NO ONE here - just this that is happening! Heart is beating. Nose is twitching, Hearing cars go by. Feeling light and free. It's all just happening BUT to and for NO ONE! This just is! (smiling is just happening!)

Hey,

You have a sense don't you? You have a sense of self writing what you did right?

You read what I say and then you work out a reply in your mind right?

You do witness what you do don't you even though you say it just happens .

You notice your shoe lace undone and you bend down to tie it up .

Try shutting your eyes next time you go to have a bath or drive your car, you will see a result of what happens when your eyes are closed .

x daz x