Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > The Sanctuary

Old 17-08-2016, 04:37 PM
Experiencer
Cat Deep Wisdom From Eckhart Tolle

I am not my thoughts, emotions, sense perceptions, and experiences. I am not the content of my life. I am Life. I am the space in which all things happen. I am consciousness.

When you look at a tree, you are aware of the tree. When you have a thought or feeling, you are aware of that thought or feeling. When you have a pleasurable or painful experience, you are aware of that experience. These seem to be true and obvious statements. Yet if you look at them very closely, you will find that in a subtle way their very structure contains a fundamental illusion, an illusion which is unavoidable when you use language. Thought and language create an apparent duality and a separate person where there is none.

Only by awakening can you know the true meaning of that word.

When you don't cover up the world with words and labels, a sense of the miraculous returns to your life.

How do you let go of attachment to things? Don't even try. It's impossible. Attachment to things drops away by itself when you no longer seek to find yourself in them.

Accepting means you allow yourself to feel whatever it is you are feeling at that moment...you can't argue with what is. Well, you can, but if you do, you suffer.

All the things that truly matter - beauty, love, creativity, joy, inner peace - arise from beyond the mind.

You cannot find yourself in the past or future. The only place where you can find yourself is in the Now.

When you lose touch with inner stillness, you lose touch with yourself.

Suffering has a noble purpose: the evolution of the consciousness and the burning up of the ego.

A new species is arising on the planet. It is arising now, and you are it!

Being must be felt. It can't be thought.

Nonresistance is the key to the greatest power in the universe.

Being spiritual has nothing to do with what you believe and everything to do with your state of consciousness.
Old 17-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Experiencer
One of my favorite authors. And speakers, for that matter.
that which is within you will destroy you."

- The Gospel of Thomas (70)

http://pathstoknowledge.com
Old 03-09-2016, 06:07 AM
Newbie ;)

"Nonresistance is the key to the greatest power in the universe."

That is the part that stuck out to me the most.
We are so conditioned to react to situations that this truth goes forgotten.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:33 PM
Experiencer
There's a famous Zen/Taoist story about a wise old man who doesn't react to anything that happens to him, and simply flows through life by only saying to his reacting neighbours: 'Maybe so, maybe not.'
Old 05-01-2017, 01:08 AM
Seeker
One of my favorite spiritual teachers. "The Power of Now" has so much great wisdom. I refer to it on a regular basis. Anyone else influenced by the Tao Te Ching as well?
Old 11-01-2017, 04:14 PM
Suspended
Guide

While grieving my husband's death, I sang "You Can't Always Get What You Want" by the Rolling Stones ...
I had to laugh in agreement w/Tolle when I read his reference to the song in his book years later ...
Singing it daily was a sad, but effective reminder as well as helped me come to terms w/the should have, could have, would haves ...
Old 11-01-2017, 06:31 PM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeking78
One of my favorite spiritual teachers. "The Power of Now" has so much great wisdom. I refer to it on a regular basis. Anyone else influenced by the Tao Te Ching as well?

I always preferred and understood A New Earth much better than his more famous book that you mentioned. Since starting studying Buddhism about two years ago, I've read a smattering of books about it. Plus I belong to three spiritual forums where it gets mentioned now and then. (I'm kind of all over the map.)

Old 12-01-2017, 11:32 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
I always preferred and understood A New Earth much better than his more famous book that you mentioned. Since starting studying Buddhism about two years ago, I've read a smattering of books about it. Plus I belong to three spiritual forums where it gets mentioned now and then. (I'm kind of all over the map.)

I've read A New Earth as well but its been a few years...what did you like more about that book then his others?
Old 12-01-2017, 02:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdeking78
I've read A New Earth as well but its been a few years...what did you like more about that book then his others?

Mainly, I found it was less confusing and more straight-forward. (I was just learning about non-dualism - which I still find a bit odd.)

When I stumbled upon articles about Buddhism, I found that context to make it far easier to 'get' non-dualism. Been into it ever since. (Erm...I'm no scholar, though.)

Old 14-01-2017, 01:04 AM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Mainly, I found it was less confusing and more straight-forward. (I was just learning about non-dualism - which I still find a bit odd.)

When I stumbled upon articles about Buddhism, I found that context to make it far easier to 'get' non-dualism. Been into it ever since. (Erm...I'm no scholar, though.)

Good deal, non-duality is not an easy concept to grasp. I think I'll have to re-read that book now. A lot can change in one's spirirual understanding in a few years and it will be a chance to get a deeper perspective.