Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection > Near Death Experiences (NDEs)

Old 03-08-2016, 10:08 AM
Newbie ;)

Despite having had a number of NDE's, I'm still afraid of death. It's not really the disintegration of the physical body that I'm afraid of; rather, it's leaving loved ones behind, no longer being able to contribute to humanity, or exploring the physical world. I don't want to go when I'm not ready.

Last edited by rafalana : 03-08-2016 at 12:10 PM.
Old 18-08-2016, 05:55 PM
Pathfinder

Ive almost died so many times that it doesn't scare me.... What scares me is not getting to experience true love manifest on earth... Death pales in comparison=(
Old 13-09-2016, 01:56 PM
Pathfinder

I tell myself that I shuoldn't be, it's definitly just a begining of some other road, and the soul would be eternal, but I would still miss me..body, sensation of who I am..and it scares me that I would forget everything, like nothing matters what I am doing right now.. it all would be gone.
Old 13-09-2016, 03:05 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieGeller
I tell myself that I shuoldn't be, it's definitly just a begining of some other road, and the soul would be eternal, but I would still miss me..body, sensation of who I am..and it scares me that I would forget everything, like nothing matters what I am doing right now.. it all would be gone.

When you leave,You will bring all that you are as a human with you..... leaving the body behind....No physical pain, No worries about looks or age anymore,No worries about dying
We are here for the experience.
When you ride a rollercoaster or do something exciting you remember it.
You wont forget your life as a Human so enjoy it and cram in as much as you can
Old 14-09-2016, 05:23 AM
Master
I have problems with my autonomic nervous system totally shutting down from time to time. I experience 'sleep apnoea' whilst I am still wide awake and I have to struggle to breathe sometimes and my heart stops for a few seconds and I feel like I am going to die...my body goes cold and clammy, everything starts spinning and I get ringing in my ears and then, I cannot hear anything...cannot see anything...I am awake and conscious, but nothing is responding whatsoever! This terrifies me. It's like falling backwards into a dark, endless abyss.

So, I will go with Tobi and say that the whole technicality part...the 'dying' part has me a bit scared, but as for death...the actual bit after that, I'm not scared of that at all.
Old 14-09-2016, 08:04 AM
Guide

No, I'm not scared of dying. Because death do not exist in the common sense. We just change the form of our existence and take all the memories and experience with us to the spiritual world. No need to be scared of that...
Old 14-09-2016, 12:13 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
You wont forget your life as a Human so enjoy it and cram in as much as you can
That's what making me sad.. the good feeling, not worries or troubles, but love for my man, love for my children, all that was trully important, everything I was ready to give my life for.. it's all didn't make any sence then?
Old 14-09-2016, 12:45 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieGeller
That's what making me sad.. the good feeling, not worries or troubles, but love for my man, love for my children, all that was trully important, everything I was ready to give my life for.. it's all didn't make any sence then?

At death,you return to your soul/higher self.You are part of a soul group which is your family and friends here on earth so when you leave the earth you go to your soul group.You meet the higher selves of your children,your mam and your friends and you begin/return to a much more purer relationship with them.

You become even closer to your family at death,It is the start/return to a beautiful relationship with all those you love.It is a different level without the drama of Earth....You are leaving the earthly part of your relationships behind but the soul relationship is so much more...you are not loosing anything,It will be wonderful
Old 14-09-2016, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogWarrior
I think I'm not scared of dying up until the point where I'm at the edge, then I get a bit scared. I don't know how harsh the dying process will be. Getting mauled by a bear would be a harsh way to go, I'd be terrified of that but even the idea of heart failure gets me a bit scared. However, the other night I got an idea of what happens with bradycardia, you just fall unconscious when the oxygenated blood stops reaching the brain, I've got borderline bradycardia and when the heart beats slowly like that you get drowsy and slip into sleep paralysis easily. Its actually pretty relaxing. I got skimmed by a car years ago and nearly bled to death, thats another easy way to go. Have you come close at any point yourself, if so what was it like?

When I was 32 I was told by a cardiologist I had 3-5 years to live. When he told me that it was surreal as it didn't really hit home with me that he was talking about me. But when it came time to have a valve repaired through open heart surgery I was still surprised that I wasn't scared. I should have been though and I had a young family at the time. My spouse said, "You better fight like _ _ _ _ to live because we need you!" Even so, I was in denial about the seriousness of the operation and the risk of death due to surgery and death that would certainly come without surgery. I just figured I had the best chance by putting my life into the surgeon's hands.

I recall when I was on the artificial life support during surgery, I hovered over my body in a bright warm light. It was a very peaceful and comforting place to be other than below on the cold hard table with my chest pried wide open with claws. After surgery I took up all the things I previously thought I had no skills for. I began painting on canvas like a mad women, running races, dance class and performance on stage and even ended up without a job that I was unsuited for and miserably unhappy. I wouldn't say everything was peaches after that. I definitely went through many dark days and nights, battling the meaning of life. But in looking back I realize I had one shot to extend my life and I'm happy that I live in a country where these kinds of surgeries are a common thing, because if I had lived a lot of other places on this planet, I would eventually succumb to heart failure and be dead by now. I'm happy to be here with a new lease a life and learning more and more every day.

In fact, I'm more afraid of dying from old age or old age-related illness than I was when I was 32. Go figure.
Old 14-09-2016, 10:39 PM
Deactivated Account

Fear of death is the fear of the unknown. So I would say I am not so afraid, in fact I look forward to it (pretty sure I know how it will happen), it will answer some questions of mine. But, don't get me wrong, there is much more I want to do here before then.