Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 01-05-2013, 09:22 PM
PaperTiger

My daughter is my mother

When I was about three years old my daughter from my most recent past life which I was born with memories of, tracked me down and found me. My biological mother was never a mother to me and left the family when I was five, so my daughter Masua took on the role as my mother, in my mind at least. She was twenty-four when I died and when she found me was twenty-nine.

This wasn't a big deal regarding role reversal but later as I was able to access more memories it did become a little weird. She would tell me stories about my self and the work I was doing and how I had trained her to finish my work as a metaphysicist. and in return taught my most of what I know on the subject and practice. I was able to retrieve more memories about her and confirm her stories. when she first meet me she asked me a question that only her father could have known, and obviously got it right. I remember adopting her and raising her till my death.

I thought that this was a interesting experience I thought I would share and make a thread to allow others to share and talk about similar experiences.

Kimi
Old 01-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Iseke

Wow, definitely! It really is powerful to meet people who remember your shared past together, especially when you can continue on the family you shared!

I do have connections now to past life family and while most of them do not share any memories (or belief in reincarnation) I do have a few people in my life who remember our past. It is absolutely amazing to remember something and have someone else who was there remember something too and describe the same elements. If there was ever any doubt in my mind about all this there sure isn't now. :)

Congratulations on your reunion!
Old 01-05-2013, 09:51 PM
PaperTiger

Thank you, and it is unfortunate that they don't share those beliefs, maybe I was just lucky.

Kimi
Old 02-05-2013, 12:22 AM
Master

I don't remember any past lives, nor do I particularly want to, but my children do and have informed me: I was my daughter's friend in one life, and my daughter was my mother in a past life (which makes sense to me - she's always been bossey! LOL) my son says I was his little sister in one of his past lives and he explained it in great detail to me one day (which explains a lot about our relationship)

I think we tend to come in in groups, and that has been confirmed by a guide I was chatting to oneday (not my guide, someone else was channeling for me). What did he call them? Something like soul families :) they can be your actual family members, or friends, or your boss, etc. people close to you. And he says once you meet someone, they become part of your extended soul family.

Interesting stuff.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Master

Indeed, I used to be my mother's mother.

I'm not sure whether she is my mother in order to eek revenge, or in order to show me how to mother (not very well), or to be my most precious teacher as hse loves me so very very much that she is teaching me the hardest of lessons. SO it seems to me.

The dynamics are akward.

I agree that we find people from our past lives over and over again. To build and grow or learn from mistakes or so on.
Old 14-05-2013, 06:51 AM
Knower
I think this is a neat topic. Just to have the same soul have some sort of relationship even if the role is changed with another soul (s) across many lifetimes.
Old 14-05-2013, 07:45 AM
missrachel300

I love these stories.
Although I don't get any 'memories' of past lives, I do get 'senses'.
There has always been a very strong and unusual relationship between my gem of a nephew and I. I definitely get a sense that at one time I was his mother, and at another time we were siblings(probably more recently). Family members are often shocked by our unusual kinship (myself included, lol).
Also, my niece who was recently born, there is another very strong relationship between us... cant yet put my finger on it exactly. The night she was born, I had a dream that my mother gave birth to her. I have also had a lot of dreams where she is a toddler talking to the family. I'm pretty sure shes gonna be an old soul, as my family has this feeling that shes been around a lot longer than she has. lol.
Old 14-05-2013, 01:05 PM
PaperTiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by missrachel300
I love these stories.
Although I don't get any 'memories' of past lives, I do get 'senses'.
There has always been a very strong and unusual relationship between my gem of a nephew and I. I definitely get a sense that at one time I was his mother, and at another time we were siblings(probably more recently). Family members are often shocked by our unusual kinship (myself included, lol).
Also, my niece who was recently born, there is another very strong relationship between us... cant yet put my finger on it exactly. The night she was born, I had a dream that my mother gave birth to her. I have also had a lot of dreams where she is a toddler talking to the family. I'm pretty sure shes gonna be an old soul, as my family has this feeling that shes been around a lot longer than she has. lol.

Memories of past lives are different in the sence that most people who "remember" them doesn't mean they van recall them.

With out proper disapline they are no more than an association.

Example: my girl friends dog Ren is a lap dog and he will while sitting in your lap want to get as close to you as possible pushing himself in to you. While sitting with him one day I began to cry, be cause this feeling brought to mind the "memory" of one of my daughters who would do this whenever she would sit in my lap, eating, cuddling or while telling her
stories.

Though I did remember this before this time, I will also expirance a "feeling" some what like daja vu and after words a was able to meditate on the feeling and remember where the association came from "past life"

Example: I was in a building that resembled a hospital long halls many doors. While walking down this empty hall I became concered something didn't feel right. Now this experiance was quite strong and one expirance doesn't need to be so to have a similar cercumstance. Anyway halfway down the hall I no long wanted to move I felt light their was a wieght on that was unbarable.
I told Masua about this when I was about ten years old and we meditated and I remember the long hall at the base I was station and the roof had caved in and buried men in front of me amd Ii struggled to get the rubble off but it was to late they had died.

I belive our "soul" has a lot to do with our development in this life but the brain and body plays the ultimate role in defining characteristics, though with these past life association one might be able to see a resemblance there many lives.

With love Kimi
Old 14-05-2013, 01:32 PM
missrachel300

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaperTiger
Memories of past lives are different in the sence that most people who "remember" them doesn't mean they van recall them.

With out proper disapline they are no more than an association.

Example: my girl friends dog Ren is a lap dog and he will while sitting in your lap want to get as close to you as possible pushing himself in to you. While sitting with him one day I began to cry, be cause this feeling brought to mind the "memory" of one of my daughters who would do this whenever she would sit in my lap, eating, cuddling or while telling her
stories.

Though I did remember this before this time, I will also expirance a "feeling" some what like daja vu and after words a was able to meditate on the feeling and remember where the association came from "past life"

Example: I was in a building that resembled a hospital long halls many doors. While walking down this empty hall I became concered something didn't feel right. Now this experiance was quite strong and one expirance doesn't need to be so to have a similar cercumstance. Anyway halfway down the hall I no long wanted to move I felt light their was a wieght on that was unbarable.
I told Masua about this when I was about ten years old and we meditated and I remember the long hall at the base I was station and the roof had caved in and buried men in front of me amd Ii struggled to get the rubble off but it was to late they had died.

I belive our "soul" has a lot to do with our development in this life but the brain and body plays the ultimate role in defining characteristics, though with these past life association one might be able to see a resemblance there many lives.

With love Kimi

Okay, so... hold on!.. I've always had some confusion about this remembering of past life experiences. Lol.

I always assumed that people who said they remembered past lives actually 'saw' in their mind the memories of that past life.

So, your saying... these 'feelings' with 'associations' are the rememberings of past lives? (which I think are markers of knowings about a past lives but I never considered it a 'remembering', lol)

Because sometimes people have dreams that they believe are past life memories, and that is something similar but different to me. I don't know. Lol.

I've never actively sought out knowing about my past lives (I actually have avoided it, lol), so, its nice to hear from people who have more experience with it.
Old 14-05-2013, 06:37 PM
PaperTiger

From what I have found though my own experiance and hearing about other, generally one doesn't have a visual memory of past lives.

But.... I have remember since I was very young. My first memory was of my last in my most recent past life. And this is what I have found.

A memory is a complex thing, simple all memories are associations. When you smell cake you think back to time that you have cake or talked about cake, as if you put "cake" into a search bar in the hippocampus of the brain.
With this "memory" of cake you may remember things such as what type of cake or were you were who was around you, was is a birthday how did it taste so on and so forth.

With this info you brain then interprates this information in to a sence that corrosponds with your five major senses. You can hear smell taste feel see as you did when this memory was encoded to your brain and I believe your "soul". This is were a visual memory is seen. And often a memory with certain alterations will show them selves in dreams.

Now as far as a past life memory. You smell cake, whom did I have this cake with? Oh right he was.... I don't know that person, or this place or do I? This is the phenomenon I see and peresonally had with this. I would observe somthing and an association to something that I know I haven't expiranced comes to mind.
Your brain wants to give you a visual sense but a few this happen,

This memory doesn't originate from the hippocampus and you brain leave it out

You may have been an being that his/her senses aren't quite the same and your brain leave it out.

Or it does its best to interpraite what it is receiving and gives you somthing that is resonable. What I mean here is I have heard people tell me that they remember the 14th centry earth but the grass was black.
Not nessasarly their was somthing about the grass that you either didn't pay attention to or was misinterprated.

This how it was for me for a while before Masua taught me how the meditate and observe the "memories" directly from the "soul" so the would be a misinterpritation and the memory would be clearer.

Not everyone has these difficulties and not everone has the ability to view past life, not because you don't have them.

You say that you have been avioding it, might not be a bad idea, Though I am great ful for the memories I have it is a burrden. I am 18 years old on this earth and have clear memories of over 200 years in another galaxy. I have memeries of friends and loved one that are dead, I have memories of killing many people, of doing horrible and beautiful things. I not try to detour you but be aware of this fact, and what I recomend is try to keep personal memories alone.

With love Kimi