Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 10:16 AM
Richie

Hi Lightworker,

Nice to see a fellow Aussie on board. I haven't read any of Dr Newtons books but i'll be sure to look them up.

Thanks.
Old 13-04-2007, 09:38 PM
elaine

Interesting reads, one little question......If a person took their own life by suicide, would their soul be able to reincarnate?

thanks
Old 14-04-2007, 01:58 AM
Richie

Hi,

I have heard that apparently the soul does a complete backflip and is reincarnated back to a similar life that they ended. As this was the knowledge the soul needed in the first life, they straight away return to live it again. So I guess suicide is not a way out, but a longing of the life that drove them to it, I only hope that the people who have comited suicide, find a better way through the life the second time round.

On a personal note also. I myself have tried to commit suicide, and It is not the easy way out and I shame anyone who believes that. A person who comes to the conclusion that suicide is the way to end their problems really needs help and to believe that there is no other way to resolve their problems is a terrifying and very sad thought.

Love to all ,
Richie
Old 14-04-2007, 09:26 AM
lightworker

I agree with you Richie, from all the books i've read about suicide i think souls do pretty well come back straight away after a life review with their guides.
Old 15-04-2007, 08:07 AM
Enlightener

Hey Ritchie, you live close to me.

I think that you will discover that the being who commits suicide is still in complete free will as to what it chooses to do next. And usually that souls intention (which is to evolve), being delayed, they would choose to continue that experience of themselves. It is true that you can come back into the same body but this is not a restriction, but a choice.

Conversely (?!_), why would you shame anyone who is trying to find some peace. From a certain perspective suicide could become a very friendly option. And I am sure that you could think of at least a couple of scenarios where death would be more desirable than life.

A suicide to escape is one that does not work, a suicide to create and experience is one in which you may move forward.

Enblightepasfjdfkjsnlkvxcnvcvxcbv

Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie
Hi,

I have heard that apparently the soul does a complete backflip and is reincarnated back to a similar life that they ended. As this was the knowledge the soul needed in the first life, they straight away return to live it again. So I guess suicide is not a way out, but a longing of the life that drove them to it, I only hope that the people who have comited suicide, find a better way through the life the second time round.

On a personal note also. I myself have tried to commit suicide, and It is not the easy way out and I shame anyone who believes that. A person who comes to the conclusion that suicide is the way to end their problems really needs help and to believe that there is no other way to resolve their problems is a terrifying and very sad thought.

Love to all ,
Richie
Old 15-04-2007, 08:59 AM
Richie

Hi Enlightener,

Nice to see a fellow Aussie.

Im only talking about what I have read, but I can see how your version would make more sense that if the soul wants to return to a similar life then there is always the option. However If they choose to gain knowledge of whatever was so bad that made them commit suicide - then wouldn't they want to accomplish gaining that knowledge ? Anyway I guess we will never know.

About my part on Suicide - I think you had taken my words the wrong way and I wish to clarify.

I do not shame anyone who commits suicide, I shame people who think badly of suicide and say that people who commit suicide are taking the easy way out. I feel to come to the conclusion that the best thing to do is end you life must be the hardest thing to ever do as a mortal being.

and Yes I agree that there are people that are left suffering on this earth where euthenasia (suicide) may be best for them.

Thanks for prompting me to clarify this and I hope I make sence now, we are talking about having the same views.

Richie

Last edited by Richie : 15-04-2007 at 09:01 AM.
Old 15-04-2007, 01:46 PM
Maranda

elaine,

"If a person took their own life by suicide, would their soul be able to reincarnate?"

Yes. There is nothing to stop them. Everything they did here, they did because that is why they came here.
Old 15-04-2007, 02:01 PM
Maranda

Richie,

I hope you heard wrong. I wouldn't like to think of my abusive father who committed suicide coming back to treat some other family the way he treated us.

I understand so much more now and I have forgiven him. And I understand just as he had to do what he did to learn the lessons he had to learn, we had to go through what we did to learn the lessons we did.

I wondered about incarnation for a long time then I had a wonderful dream. Rather difficult to put into words but try to imagine this.....

A bowl of rice crispies with their snap crackle and pop! Like in the old advert.

I saw a huge fluffy cloud covered in tiny sparkles of glitter and they were all snap crackling and popping all over the place! Some coming and some going, fast, all the time, none stop. It was a wonderful sight.

They are beautiful, they are all beautiful, and they pop in and out of bodies, the lessons they come to learn are picked up in an instant, there is no time as we know it, a life time for us is a split second to them.

That's the best way I can describe it. I hope it doesn't sound too flaky.

Last edited by Maranda : 15-04-2007 at 02:08 PM.
Old 20-04-2007, 01:50 PM
Richie

Hi Maranda,

Thanks for your insight and sorry to hear about your Father.

We all know that a soul that has commited suicide in the last life has the option to reincarnate. All souls are the same and no matter what is done during the last life they will always be peaceful and loving on the other side.

However I have read that commiting suicide forces the soul back into a life similar to the one it just left. I dont mean the person will be the same as before and commit suicide again but the basic structure of the person would be the same as in race or person poor or rich and so on. Of course the info I read could be wrong and im not debating this at all.

Also another thing that I dont understand is when the soul has chosen their next life to learn and gain knowledge from. How can a spiritual being that knows no hatred or negative thoughts come up with a life where they say I will treat my family badly, I will hurt people and i will end my live by suicide.

As I said I'm not disagreeing with you, just hard to understand i guess.

Richie
Old 21-04-2007, 02:02 AM
tiltjlp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie

We all know that a soul that has commited suicide in the last life has the option to reincarnate. All souls are the same and no matter what is done during the last life they will always be peaceful and loving on the other side.

Richie

Don't you think it's a bit presumptous to say "We all know" when clearly you can only speak for yourself? And since I'm sure not everyone believes that reincarnation is Optional, I don't feel your statement holds much water.

John
Closed Thread