Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 29-04-2017, 11:10 AM
Ascender
I really want friends to have deep spiritual conversations with

As much as I appreciate this forum, and I do so much, I want to sit down in real life with friends and have deep spiritual discussions. In fact I would like to have friends to share deep conversations about life in general. I would love for us to talk and just let the conversation flow for hours. Personally I would like it best if the conversation were two ways in that one person doesn't try to be a supreme expert. The best conversation are on equal footing. I want people I can genuinely connect with.
Old 30-04-2017, 12:43 AM
Ascender
I am sure many of us here feel the same :)
Old 30-04-2017, 08:41 AM
Guide
I definitely feel like that; I rarely find people who are on my wavelength. I had a few like minded people in my last job and we had some great conversations but I've been in another job for four years and no one is like minded at all; it's really difficult when that's what you want to talk about and you end up embroiled in conversations about football, cinema etc. It can be very isolating when you want to talk about chakras, meditation, energy healing. Like you say, this forum is a great space for us.
Old 30-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
As much as I appreciate this forum, and I do so much, I want to sit down in real life with friends and have deep spiritual discussions. In fact I would like to have friends to share deep conversations about life in general. I would love for us to talk and just let the conversation flow for hours. Personally I would like it best if the conversation were two ways in that one person doesn't try to be a supreme expert. The best conversation are on equal footing. I want people I can genuinely connect with.

Hi Flexi Girl.

I so much know what you mean, good we have sf, but as you say there is nothing like speaking in person
in places where others do not.
Old 30-04-2017, 11:53 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
I definitely feel like that; I rarely find people who are on my wavelength. I had a few like minded people in my last job and we had some great conversations but I've been in another job for four years and no one is like minded at all; it's really difficult when that's what you want to talk about and you end up embroiled in conversations about football, cinema etc. It can be very isolating when you want to talk about chakras, meditation, energy healing. Like you say, this forum is a great space for us.

The most wonderful conversations are the ones that are natural and spontaneous and can go in any direction. One minute you could be talking about the cinema and the next some movie you both love, and it just keeps evolving for hours.

I think a lot of those you're speaking of are guarded. They only want to skim the surface so they ONLY stay in the realm of socially accepted topics.

I love spiritual forums for what it is, but you can't reproduce here that real life person to person connection.
Old 30-04-2017, 01:14 PM
Experiencer

Quote:

Hi Flexi-Girl, have you heard about the website meet-up.com? It's a place with thousands of in person meet-ups around the world and many dedicated to spirituality, energy healing, meditation, etc.

I felt the same as you and then I started to go to several of these meet-ups and ended up meeting great like-minded people that want to talk about those topics.

Give it a try!
Old 30-04-2017, 09:02 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by olhosdeamendoa
Hi Flexi-Girl, have you heard about the website meet-up.com? It's a place with thousands of in person meet-ups around the world and many dedicated to spirituality, energy healing, meditation, etc.

I felt the same as you and then I started to go to several of these meet-ups and ended up meeting great like-minded people that want to talk about those topics.

Give it a try!

I have tried them for a long time, and occasionally I'll meet nice people, but I haven't had the kind of connection I was hoping for.
Old 01-05-2017, 07:56 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:

It's always nice when you can do that but people able let alone willing to do so are few and far between. Discussion is fine but when disagreement starts things tend to wander and fall apart. Of the Yoga, Zumba and Medau classes I attend I've met just a few people of spiritual inclination who do talk.

My soul mate is one such but because our beliefs are so aligned we rarely discuss anything spiritual, just comment on events, qualities, people we watch in the streets and things.

I meet a few religious people but can rarely agree with their tenets so we get nowhere there. I once thought of joining a society that embraces this subject but the thing turned out more about society politics and pecking-orders and was too expensive for what it gave.

During my time and particularly mid to late teens I met just a couple of people who set me on a path/current. I could discuss with them as an acolyte (so to speak) but it was them guiding me rather than open discussion.

Best when you meet one or more people to be as broadminded and open as you can, to allow discussion to proceed.

Good luck!

Old 01-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
It's always nice when you can do that but people able let alone willing to do so are few and far between. Discussion is fine but when disagreement starts things tend to wander and fall apart. Of the Yoga, Zumba and Medau classes I attend I've met just a few people of spiritual inclination who do talk.

My soul mate is one such but because our beliefs are so aligned we rarely discuss anything spiritual, just comment on events, qualities, people we watch in the streets and things.

I meet a few religious people but can rarely agree with their tenets so we get nowhere there. I once thought of joining a society that embraces this subject but the thing turned out more about society politics and pecking-orders and was too expensive for what it gave.

During my time and particularly mid to late teens I met just a couple of people who set me on a path/current. I could discuss with them as an acolyte (so to speak) but it was them guiding me rather than open discussion.

Best when you meet one or more people to be as broadminded and open as you can, to allow discussion to proceed.

Good luck!

Yes exactly! I don't see anything wrong with teaching others and being taught but without the give and take it becomes a parent child relationship. I would not even mind that so much as long as the benefits were mutual.

The best kinds of journeys IMO are the ones that two or more take into the unknown like traveling on an exotic adventure even if it's just down the street. There's a kind or spontaneity or electricity that comes when minds are open and nobody knows what to expect.
Old 01-05-2017, 02:25 PM
Experiencer
I felt like you for some time and almost got depressed until I realized every person has something beautiful about him or her and I just have to look for it from myself first. My expectations and my ego that I'm somehow "better" or different than someone was causing me misery. I still feel a bit lonely without having any soul mate (although we are all one), somewhat like you, but I decided to shift my perspective about it. Just my two cents<3