Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 12-10-2012, 01:59 PM
Guide
Can you open your eyes during sleep paralysis?

I have been suffering from SP i have it when i`m falling asleep. I have never saw spirit`s or anything but, i can see the room very clearly and i thought that you were able to open your eye`s but i have read that you can`t or only open them slightly but everything is blurry. Does anyone know if you can open them?
Old 12-10-2012, 04:26 PM
comforting

yes i believe u can i was going through a bad time with sleep paralysis so was sleeping with my bedroom light on ,i decided to put a mirror at side of my bed as i was convinced i was being attacked by something ,
1 night i woke to something attacking me so i started to fight back yet at the same time i could see myself in the mirror eyes open n not moving at all just paralysed on the bed
was so weird to say the least as i felt like i was being ragged all over the bed lol
Old 12-10-2012, 07:11 PM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha
I have been suffering from SP i have it when i`m falling asleep. I have never saw spirit`s or anything but, i can see the room very clearly and i thought that you were able to open your eye`s but i have read that you can`t or only open them slightly but everything is blurry. Does anyone know if you can open them?

If you open your eyes then you normally can pull yourself out of it. If you see the room very clearly you may be looking through your third eye, this happens with sleep paralysis too, I used to get it all the time. Looks just as real if not more real.

Try not to suffer from sleep paralysis. Try to let go to it. Easier said than done I know, but it can actually be a very useful state.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:25 PM
Ascender
Short answer would be yes.. You can see through your physical eyes and the third eye at the same time.

Yours

A peaceful mind

Lao tzu - Tao Te Ching
Old 12-10-2012, 07:41 PM
Guide

The eyes move effortlessly, with enough intention you can also move the physical body instantly, yet it helps to become familiar with that feeling of sleep paralysis to expand your awareness in order to shift your consciousness more freely with your different bodies.
Old 12-10-2012, 07:43 PM
Super Moderator
Sleep paralysis is actually very interesting because it is a precursor to Astral projection. What's happening with SP is that the brain shuts down the body's ability to move during certain sleep cycles. It's absolutely natural, happens to us all.It happens every single night. The thing is it's rarely noticed, as it's rare to be conscious at that point in sleep. SP is a protection mechanism to prevent the body acting out dreams. A kind helper, in fact.
Right-if you're conscious at the point where SP begins, then it obviously feels scary, as in our everyday waking life we're not used to it. It seems like a lack of control, and even like we're being held down by a force. Yes we are -but that force is our own brain!
Now, being conscious and fully-aware at that stage means you can get out of body in full consciousness! Dare to try it next time.
Old 13-10-2012, 03:52 AM
Guide
Thanks everyone for the replies. I was sure my eyes were open. Do any of you know what causes SP? apart from narcolepsy. I have been havin it alot lately and the other night i woke in SP but i felt like i was upside down and spinning it was horrible and i felt like there was an evil presence there laughing. I no it sounds weird but maybe someone has experienced this? I had SP a few times that night, i also heard a female voice saying "where is she". I dont think that ment anything but it was the first time i could make out what someone said as i normally hear a distant chattering of many voices.
Old 13-10-2012, 04:36 AM
Master
As other have said yes. Typically when I suffer from Sleep Paralysis I can see, but I don't think my physical eyes are open. What I have discovered is when I suffer from Sleep Paralysis my physical body is not paralyzed, it is one of my subtle bodies that is paralyzed. So even though I am seeing my physical eyes are not open nor are they doing the seeing, my third eye is.
Old 13-10-2012, 07:44 AM
peacegarden

Quote:
Originally Posted by samantha
Thanks everyone for the replies. I was sure my eyes were open. Do any of you know what causes SP? apart from narcolepsy. I have been havin it alot lately and the other night i woke in SP but i felt like i was upside down and spinning it was horrible and i felt like there was an evil presence there laughing. I no it sounds weird but maybe someone has experienced this? I had SP a few times that night, i also heard a female voice saying "where is she". I dont think that ment anything but it was the first time i could make out what someone said as i normally hear a distant chattering of many voices.

These experiences are quite common with people who have SP. Personally I think the important thing is to let go to them and try to relax. Realize that whatever you're seeing or hearing is illusory and can't hurt you. You may just overcome a lot of internal fear that way.

If you turn the experiences into a problem then they will become more of a problem. I know that's easier said than done with SP.
Old 14-10-2012, 05:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacegarden
These experiences are quite common with people who have SP. Personally I think the important thing is to let go to them and try to relax. Realize that whatever you're seeing or hearing is illusory and can't hurt you. You may just overcome a lot of internal fear that way.

If you turn the experiences into a problem then they will become more of a problem. I know that's easier said than done with SP.

I agree with them needing to relax and let them go. But I personally disagree with everything you see & hear during sleep paralysis being illusory or a hallucination. I have found through countless attacks of SP that typically when it happens to me personally I am inside of one of my subtle bodies and therefore what I am seeing/hearing is inside of the RTZ (Real Time Zone). So with that said I would have to say that if someone is having the same nature and type of SP attack as I do it's impossible to say whether it's real or not. I imagine sometimes it's fake for sure but I believe sometimes it can be real too. Just as sometimes when you enter vibrational mode during a AP attempt you can see/hear things, there is no difference as when I am having a SP attack of the similar nature. Sometimes what you're seeing and hearing is just as real as what you're seeing and hearing during the beginning phases of a projection. SP & AP are tied pretty closely together in some instances.