Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 09-10-2012, 12:09 PM
Pathfinder
Is being able to do a conscious AP a sign of spiritual growth?

Is being able to do a conscious AP a sign of spiritual growth? and can sinner be able to do a conscious AP ?
Old 09-10-2012, 03:03 PM
peacegarden

It's a sure sign in my opinion. We gain control of our energies and our mind and we explore the multi-dimensional universe.

I don't know if a certain level of sin would make it impossible to travel, but if it doesn't, then I'm sure the sinner would soon be confronted with their issues whilst travelling.

Just my thoughts, I'm no expert in the field. Yet.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Super Moderator
Really negative vibrations can easily make it in the other dimensions. They dwell in their own spaces there. A Human Being who is full of negativity can go out of body. The states they will encounter, however will be like looking at themselves in a magnifying mirror, and attract kindred types.

I don't think the basic skill of being able to go out of body necessarily means a person is spiritually-evolved or any "higher" than anyone else. I feel the ability to go out of body is a knack, or a skill. Likewise, the ability to achieve lucidity in dreams, or full consciousness during astral projection. To a great extent those things are to do with Will and Intent.

It's what is in the Heart, and in the Soul vibrations of a person or any creature that defines the level of spiritual evolution.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:32 AM
Master
Bob: Is being able to do a conscious AP a sign of spiritual growth?

It may be for some people, but not everyone needs to develop this particular skill.

and can sinner be able to do a conscious AP ?

Being a sinner or saint has nothing whatever to do with astral projection. It's just a skill anyone can develop. How high one may go in the spiritual dimensions above the astral might have to do with how much or little negativity someone is carrying, but I'm not even sure about that.

You don't have to qualify to take a trip in this world, nor in the astral one.

Xan

Old 10-10-2012, 05:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Nella
Is being able to do a conscious AP a sign of spiritual growth? and can sinner be able to do a conscious AP ?

What the others have said is correct. I would think AP is at least showing someone that there is more than what you see and feel in the physical. So while it might not always be an actual sign of spiritual growth, typically it will lead to growth in one way or another. If anything a conscious projection will make you conscious of the fact that we are all spirits and thus for spiritual, whether or not that is actual growth I guess is an opinion.

Can a sinner do a conscious AP? Well being that every Human is a sinner in one form or another the answer clearly is yes. Everyone is a sinner so whether you believe in Jesus or not doesn't change the fact that we are all sinners. If you do Jesus died to save us from our sins, which means we are all sinners. So yes sinners are more than capable of APing, because I believe all Humans are capable of APing and we are all sinners.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:17 AM
Pathfinder
Can a sinner do a conscious AP?

Then why is it that when one tries to use AP for evil it dosent work,like you said if it has nothing to do with spiritual evolution?
Old 10-10-2012, 06:52 AM
Master
Quote:
and can sinner be able to do a conscious AP ?
To answer the second questions first, AP is a skill and has nothing directly to do with being a sinner. If you were taught that doing AP is sinning, then in order to AP you must have dealt with the issue of AP being ‘bad’. Dealing with the association of something being ‘bad’ is spiritual growth.

Quote:
Is being able to do a conscious AP a sign of spiritual growth?
Actually doing AP does not in my opinion represent much spiritual growth in and of itself. As per spontaneous childhood AP, it can remain a novelty (thus not growth of any kind). There is lots of potential for spiritual growth *IF* one chooses to explore the greater reality. A broader perspective almost inevitably leads to growth.

So while AP per se does not represent much spiritual growth, AP is a great tool to facilitate spiritual growth.

And P.S. AP can be used for good or evil or for a lot of other things. There are many stories of people going down the street to invade others privacy for instance. For the most part what AP does is reveal the greater reality.
Old 10-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Master

I am not religious but according to the bible we are all sinners. Anyone can have a conscious ap. Being able to have a conscious ap experience, it does not make you any more special. There are a lot of reasons why ap experiences do not work whether they are good or bad.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Can a sinner do a conscious AP?

Then why is it that when one tries to use AP for evil it dosent work,like you said if it has nothing to do with spiritual evolution?

I have never heard any proof that if someone is trying to AP for the wrong reasons it magically doesn't work. People who AP for the right purposes have the same issues and it doesn't work for them either. If someone is attempting to AP for a evil purpose it's very likely they don't want to put in the work required to actually AP. And so they speed through, skip steps, and expect something to magically happen with out them really having a clue what they are doing. Alot of magic, some black magic is all about people not wanting to put in the work to have the same outcome but naturally. Evil people want what they want when they want it and so personally I think they just aren't willing to spend countless hours attempting something that is not a sure shot. Obviously every person considered evil (very few exist) are like this but this is a generalization.

I don't really even know what you could do in the astral that would be considered evil and even if you had those intentions it's very unlikely it would ever happen unless you are some incredibly gifted person. It reminds me of how I have read in countless sources if you have any psychic gifts and abuse thom your gifts will fade away or turn against you. When people started asking Edgar Cayce questions that were selfish in nature during his psychic readings he began having terrible headaches and stopped doing readings for a period of time. Eventually when he started back up he only allowed his wife to ask the questions and so the people had to run the question/questions through her first so that she could filter out the questions meant to selfishly benefit the person having the reading. They were asking him questions about the stock market and things like that when he began having the headaches. To me this shows me if you have a gift and you abuse the gift, it turns against you or you lose it. I imagine astral projection would be similar on one way or another. But like I said earlier every Human alive on this Earth especially in today's society is a sinner, it's just in Human nature.
Old 10-10-2012, 12:19 PM
Super Moderator
If the knack of Astral projection isn't mastered properly, then many attempts at anything when out of body won't work.
However, it's possible that any person attempting to do "evil deeds" that won't work when out of body are either...blocked by powerful force fields/protections/ etc....or are going against the grain of their true nature so drastically for the sake of so-called magical special effects, or ego-trips. Or are identifying with transient emotional states like annoyance, anger, the wish for revenge, etc. which possibly their true nature rejects.
Anyone with this problem who has a wish to "do evil" really ought to have a good look at themselves, and find out what it is that they really need and desire.