Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 30-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNTY

Before that I was working in a butcher's shop. It was that, that made me go vegetarian - I saw so many tumors in meat: cut it out, bind it with string and the customers will never know - lovely looking joint. I was glad I left! There is a lot that goes on behind the scenes that would appal many a customer and inspector should they see it. I know, I've worked in some big stores in my time and seen what goes on.

That's a quote and a half!

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 31-12-2014, 01:08 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNTY
Greetings,

I wonder how many vegetarians know that one heck of a lot of alcohol is not vegetarian. Of all my vegetarian friends I am the only one who has known this fact for years. Strangely, these commited vegetarian friends of mine still continue consume it.

That is sad. My parents always made wine, from hedgerow fruits and grapes, Quinces, etc. All through my childhood, I remember them making wine and showing me the process.
And all I seem to remember them using was fruit, yeast, and a piece of toast! They may have used some sugar....now I am unsure....is sugar produced using animal products?
Anyway the wine was very nice. I can't imagine it needing any animal substances in the mix at all!

They also made alcoholic Nettle Beer. (low alcohol)

There are some good wine and cider producing small companies in the UK particularly, usually in the countryside, and the vineyard near me doesn't use any animal products as far as I know. Okay their wines don't sell for 2.99 but it's worth a little bit extra for something better, and kinder.
Old 02-01-2015, 03:06 PM
Experiencer
I believe some wine manufacturers use fish eyes in the filtering part of the manufacturing process, and this is what makes their wines not vegan. As far as beer manufacturing, I'm not sure what they may do involving animals...perhaps it has to do with business practices of the companies in question. I know I read Budweiser is vegan, and it is pretty economical in the States. I think there are a wide variety of wines and beers that are vegan, but you have to be willing to do the research, and sometimes this involves emailing the company directly. Most have a standard letter they will send regarding the matter in question. :)
Old 13-02-2015, 10:39 PM
Ascender
Add one more to the UK I became vegetarian about 2 days ago namaste all.
Old 14-02-2015, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator
This is quite a good link for vegan beers/wines and info etc:

http://www.barnivore.com/
Old 05-03-2016, 03:52 PM
Guide
I am vegan by community. :)
Old 03-10-2016, 07:25 AM
Guide

The community is growing now....And taking into account India with 50% of vegetarians....I think there are around 12-15% of vegetarians.
Old 07-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Experiencer

Ohh...only 3%. Information is interesting!
Old 10-10-2016, 11:17 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bliss
India has 500 million vegetarians. :) they rule from that point of view.

In the world i think there are about 900 million vegetarians.

On the other hand, they aren't necessarily kind to their cows once they quit giving milk or the calves that are born. I once read that the little bull calves get a sort of wooden collar that pokes at the mother when the calf tries to nurse and she eventually starts kicking at him so he quits nursing and starves or he tries to eat grass for survival which isn't going to be good for a baby's start in life.

And many of the cows are let loose on the streets to fend for themselves or they are sold off and eventually find their way into regions where they are sold for leather and along the way on what has been referred to as a death march, they are literally tortured with tobacco or chili peppers in the eyes, tails broken, kidneys destroyed to make them seem heavier at the market......India is not a shining light on the hill once you peek behind the curtain.
Old 01-01-2017, 03:39 PM
Master
I started to sway away from meat last year and it was good but having (at the time), a boyfriend who is such a carnivore, I didn't maintain it. We have since parted ways and I started eating mostly vegetables and using coconut oil and dropped 32 pounds to date...I run and was wondering why running and exercising weight just was not coming off and I didn't eat very much. I attributed to age. So I lost this weight in four months. I was eating a couple eggs a week, thinking my body needs the protein. On occasion I might have had a piece of chicken or red meat, but with the change in my diet, I could not even eat half of anything I put on a plate or was served to me in a restaurant. I liked that! So anyway, last night I'm watching Food Choices, I think it's the name, I'm into documentaries lately but I should be writing...I've watched some such as Food Matters and they had a great impact on me but sadly I let it all fall by the way side.

I'm not one for new year's resolutions but since I've already cut way back on meat and eat mostly fruits and vegetables...and the fact that it's so disgusting and cruel how animals are treated (and yes, the documentary brought that up again as well and showed things...I already knew it was horrendous but sometimes I need another reality check)...I just grieved. It's a disgrace and people believe we need animal protein and products and we don't.

Anyway, my heart goes out to all creatures that have suffered for the sake of having to be on someone's dinner plate or people who are just plain cruel. I am going to eliminate meat from my diet.