Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 22-02-2017, 07:50 AM
Master
Do they feel it ?

I'm not very knowledgeable about this, everything is sentient of course, so when you step or run on grass does the grass feel it ? Does it feel pain ?

What about trimming trees ? Cutting off branches ? I'm sure the trees feel pain from that ?

thanks
Old 24-02-2017, 01:06 AM
Master
Yes ...in the next century when scientists start playing back recordings of wheat and other commonly eaten plants screaming under the blades of the thresher.....all the world's vegans will suddenly lose there appetites.....

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 24-02-2017, 06:03 PM
Pathfinder
Pain is not really felt in the injured area but in the brain and vegetation having no brain I doubt they feel actual pain but they do have awareness.
An interesting fact is that when a plant is attacked by insects it sends out a message to alert other plants; not only its own kind but all plants so they do have communication but probably not intelligence as we know it. The message is sent out through the soil by hormones the injured plant gives off.
Old 24-02-2017, 06:07 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Yes ...in the next century when scientists start playing back recordings of wheat and other commonly eaten plants screaming under the blades of the thresher.....all the world's vegans will suddenly lose there appetites.....
There is an old tale that mandrake screams when pulled up by the roots but modern experiments show there is no truth in it.
Old 28-02-2017, 05:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorStrange
I'm not very knowledgeable about this, everything is sentient of course
thanks

Everything is sentient???? The very definition of sentience requires self awareness and independent non-instinctual thinking.... something that most animals and all plants are not capable of.

Are dogs self aware..most likely.....Cats???? Almost certainly. ....the geranium you have in pot sitting on your doorstep??? No!

Old 28-02-2017, 05:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodat
There is an old tale that mandrake screams when pulled up by the roots but modern experiments show there is no truth in it.

Yeah, I know...I was just being flippant......

Old 28-02-2017, 06:44 PM
Pathfinder
It has been proven many times that plants respond to human attention. They have been connected to a gadget that records their electrical flow. When humans send them good thoughts their electrical flow intensifies. When humans think of harming them they become erratic as though distressed even if the threatened harm is never carried out. It's all but impossible to tell if they are acting as a sort of antenna to pick up the thoughts or are actually doing so.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:20 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodat
Pain is not really felt in the injured area but in the brain and vegetation having no brain I doubt they feel actual pain but they do have awareness.
An interesting fact is that when a plant is attacked by insects it sends out a message to alert other plants; not only its own kind but all plants so they do have communication but probably not intelligence as we know it. The message is sent out through the soil by hormones the injured plant gives off.

Good point. What would pain feel like without a brain, id imagine its like that spiritual surge of energy, do trees have chakras?
Some trees only release seeds when it senses fire so the species will continue. Obviously theres some kind of sense
Old 07-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Pathfinder
Bees and ants do not think as individuals but the hive and anthill act as though they do.
I think the earth is similar. Face it, even humans do not think all that clearly. The earth is carrying out a plan which we are only dimly aware of on the conscious level.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:14 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1

I like the way you've put it but I feel it is important to realize there are things that are natural and cyclical. the lion will always hunt the deer. the animal remains and dung will replenish plants. it's normal for a certain species to feed on another as long as the other one doesn't fear extinction.