Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 07-10-2016, 10:50 AM
Master
Archeology - journey, one man and his dog.

http://m.yorkpress.co.uk/news/147875...nk_Stonehenge/
Old 27-10-2016, 12:24 AM
Lepus

Hello norseman,

Amazing! Who would of thought Mesolithic hunters and domesticated dog(s) would travel 250-miles from Vale of York to Wiltshire 7,000 years ago. There were artifacts found previously which, implies these Mesolithic man have travelled long distances to get to this site. This discovery does reveal information of these domesticated dogs to be from York and this tooth found a mile away from stonehenge holds strong evidence to support the theory. It does raise a question as to why this site attracts people from long distances and travel miles to reach it.

Blessed be,
Lepus

Last edited by Lepus : 27-10-2016 at 05:24 AM.
Old 27-10-2016, 01:08 AM
Master

I love reading about the old history, amazing. And of course that's my favourite kind of dog (best dog in the world, lol). But that's quite a hike, no matter which way you look at it.
Old 02-11-2016, 03:23 PM
Master
Stonehenge was a spiritual centre long before the stones were erected. As to the why, that is lost in the past but Stonehenge was a community of about 10000 people drawn to ?????.

Similarly, Thornborough Henge, same age as Stonehenge. At first sight, it is nothing special in location - flat land in the Vale of York at the foot of the escarpment leading up to the North York moors. Now there's another spirituality puzzle - there are tens of thousands "special places" on the moors and around 10000 Neolithic and Bronze age burials mounds.
A few weeks ago, we held our usual celebrations of Mabon at Thornborough and opened the celebration in the usual manner, calling to the spirits of the land and the Four Lords of the Power of the Elements. At the calling of the Lord of the North, the mundane physical world, I received a heavy blow to the chest and many of the circle were weeping towards the end. High energies indeed !

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...s/fb617a2f.png
Old 05-11-2016, 01:29 AM
Super Moderator
How fascinating and moving. It makes sense though. If I'd lived 7,000 years ago and needed to travel to Stonehenge from York, I would have taken my dog with me.
Long walkies!

The good diet of that dog shows that they were treated as companions and possibly also spiritual companions? And not "just dogs"?
Old 05-11-2016, 09:18 AM
Master
The good diet of that dog shows that they were treated as companions and possibly also spiritual companions? And not "just dogs"?[/quote]

In those days, dogs were our partners in the hunt. I often ponder on Man and Wolf - who taught who in that partnership ? Both has strengths and weaknesses which were supplemented by the other.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:56 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman

I often ponder on Man and Wolf - who taught who in that partnership ? Both has strengths and weaknesses which were supplemented by the other.

Yes so do I, norseman. I am sure there was a mutual giving and receiving. Often I try to imagine the birth of that canine-human bond. Of all partnerships, it is an enduring and profound one.