Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 26-05-2016, 03:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Yes, that's an important observation. So many of these questions we ask are the wrong questions. Instead of asking if karma is real, we should be seeking answers to the higher inquiry: How do I transform my ego, to liberate myself from the wheel of karma? How do I transform my pain, and my ego-need for revenge, so that I don't create even more karma?
Precisely!
Old 26-05-2016, 04:26 PM
Deactivated Account

Yes, karma is very real and I would echo H:O:R:A:C:E's very wise comments in this regard.

At the same time, I fully understand that it is not easy to let go/forgive those who have hurt you.

So I would suggest that you focus on things in your life which generate positive heart energy and love and compassion for yourself or others that you consider friends or loved ones. Start with the "easier" objectives so to speak.
Heal on your time and don't be afraid to grieve and feel what you do.

Namaste,
floatzy

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 26-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Yes, that's an important observation. So many of these questions we ask are the wrong questions. Instead of asking if karma is real, we should be seeking answers to the higher inquiry: How do I transform my ego, to liberate myself from the wheel of karma? How do I transform my pain, and my ego-need for revenge, so that I don't create even more karma?

It's all related though.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 26-05-2016, 04:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
It's all related though.
I suppose it's as related as sawdust is to a board I just cut. But I cut the board for the board, not to wonder about sawdust.

Do you believe karma is real? That's the sawdust question. Whereas karma is the board, and what are you going to do with that board, now that you've got it measured and cut?
Old 26-05-2016, 06:14 PM
Guide
I do believe in it in the traditional sense of the word: http://www.thebuddhism.net/2012/09/2...-of-existence/

I find that, especially in Western new-age literature, the concept can become muddled and over-simplified and watered down. Now, as for Western equivalent beliefs, such as the "law of three/threefold law".. well, those are nice-enough ideas, and relatively recent-- popularized I believe in the 50s and 60s around the time the Gardnerian tradition emerged. I think it was first mentioned by Gerald Gardener, and then popularized by Raymond Buckland.

But anyway. When it comes to that, well.. Ehh. I believe in balance, and cause and effect (on the quantum level), and I know nature, itself has both creative and destructive aspects. And chaos. So, some of the newer Western morality systems don't resonate with me, at least not the very black-or-white ones. You reap what you sow, yes. But I do not believe there is some intelligent force in the sky keeping a tally of "Good" and "Bad" in a neat and tidy/structured manner.

If you are unfailingly good and kind, terrible things can still happen. I think too many view it as a structured system in which, say, if you do something positive and good, you get some magical karma coin which automatically grants you magical karma points. I also think it's far more complex than "positive" vs. "negative" reactions/consequences in terms of what we draw toward us; what we, as humans (on a teeny tiny planet in an unfathomably vast and mysterious universe) attract or reap within the domain of the wild, kaleidoscopic Divine cannot be categorized into boxes of good or bad. I do not view it as some structured, orderly thing made up of only light (and goodness according to the Western new-age point of view) that snuffs out and punishes any expression (action) that is "dark"; I view it, and nature itself, as a storm teeming with both darkness and light, without Ego and therefore without judgment (note: there is still consequence and reaction on a pure energetic level) any tendency or ability to punish as if were some old Abrahamic god.

I believe in personal responsibility. (If some teenage witch attempts to summon Goetic demons and fails spectacularly, well, that's just cause and effect, really. If someone viciously attacks you and you retaliate-- same deal. Cause and effect. The the fact that others may deem the effect/reaction as unnoble doesn't change anything. There is this notion that the consequence of an action is not justified unless it meets various arbitrary new-agey requirements of goodness and virtue-- which just doesn't make sense to me. I do not believe the universe--nor the chaotic winds and forces within-- have a human-like ego/morality compass. Yes, I realize the energy and vibrations one emanates does in fact affect what one receives; I just don't think it's as black & white as new-age literature makes it out to be. But again, Judeo-Christian-like morality systems just don't resonate with me, so. And it's odd, since many of the newer spiritual traditions are tinged with it, even modern Paganism and Wicca. But I lean toward traditional witchcraft, and I identity as Chaotic Good on the D&D alignment chart, so. Nevermind me.
Old 26-05-2016, 06:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseelie Queen
I believe in personal responsibility.
This. We should really just do away with all those other words, like religion and spirituality and karma, they just confuse the issue.
Old 26-05-2016, 06:46 PM
Guide
Quote:
This. We should really just do away with all those other words, like religion and spirituality and karma, they just confuse the issue.

Agreed! (Personal responsibility more or less sums it up, I think.)
I am comfortable with my "godless heathen" status, so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Old 27-05-2016, 03:19 AM
Guide

Thank you all...I read every single response...I especially thank you HORACE. I'm in a place where I have moved and I'm looking on to better things. It's just so hurtful and bullying DOES destroy lives. My pregnancy was ruined and my son has a neurological disorder and I know why as a mother...I was attacked and bullied while I was pregnant...and I was upset because it went on for many years. It's been a long time now...I still want justice, not revenge. I want them to learn this is not ok...and I want them to go through what my son and my family have gone through because of their immaturity and selfishness. I'm sorry...this wasn't a simple case of bullying, this was on purpose and their goal was for me to miscarry...not with just him, but with my 2nd child as well, but I was a lot stronger and wiser the 2nd time around. It didn't stop them, but I was able to protect the next one much more. I can't go back in time and press charges, because I was too naive and scared then....but HORACE is right. All of you are to an extent...there's wise words in all of your posts. Thank you.
Old 27-05-2016, 06:00 AM
Master
I'll give my two-cents.

Life has not proven to me that karma is real, so me personally I do not believe in it - only that our actions have repercussions that may or may not comeback to bite us in the **** or work to our benefit. I personally believe that though there is spirit and guidance and many other things, in reality life is a realm of chance - all decisions and such have a chance to create something else. Do our choices just magically attract other things - not to me, but more or less when we believe that there's a possibility something can happen - we often times associate to what happens that seems ironic to the idea of Karma.

If that makes sense.
Old 27-05-2016, 06:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volaju
I'll give my two-cents.

Life has not proven to me that karma is real, so me personally I do not believe in it - only that our actions have repercussions that may or may not comeback to bite us in the **** or work to our benefit. I personally believe that though there is spirit and guidance and many other things, in reality life is a realm of chance - all decisions and such have a chance to create something else. Do our choices just magically attract other things - not to me, but more or less when we believe that there's a possibility something can happen - we often times associate to what happens that seems ironic to the idea of Karma.

If that makes sense.
Perfectly.

It all goes back to that 'personal responsibility' thing. Suffice to say, I don't believe in Karma...we can change our own Karma...it's not something set in stone.

My guides just reminded me about Liao Fan again:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liao-Fan%27s_Four_Lessons