Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 11-10-2010, 08:59 PM
Knower
Exclamation Age difference in Twin Flames/spiritual connections

I read on some places online how Twin Flames are not uncommon to have a significant age difference between them. Something about how they are very unusual to be born at the same time as it is, that when it happens, it might happen with a big age gap. In my case, that seems to be true. This is my story.

10 months ago, I got close to a person online whom I only knew superficially from a fan forum for 2 years previously, but was always strangely drawn to - only never admitted it to myself because I knew how much older he is. When he contacted me unexpectedly because he sensed (correctly) that I was not well, we started talking and I found myself positively suprised at how easy it was to pour my heart out to him. He said that he never met anyone else who writes the same way he does and understands him like I do, and it was the same for me. He helped me through my roughest time. He was the only one who could reach me and knew exactly what to say.

Once we started opening up, we were both shocked to realise we have a strong spiritual connection - we feel all eachothers emotions and physical pains, we merge souls instictively, we can touch eachother through distance etc. At the begining I was getting shakes and was even getting sick physically from it - it was like tuning into a higher frequency. When I am with him, I feel more like myself than I ever did. When I get to talk to him, it feels like coming home. My body is warm and vibrates with his. I am at peace. It's like through him, I see the face of God, and feel the thread that connects us all. He says our soul connection feels like when he communes with God.

We have 25 years of age difference, but most of the time, we don't feel like we do. People may call it sick or whatever, but we are so natural together, like breathing. Neither of us ever considered something like this. I don't need a father figure, nor is he immature or goes for younger women. This hit us like a brick in the head. Fighting it feels like trying to win a lost war. In fact, back at the start when we were trying to fight the connection, we were miserable and felt like our soul has left our body... Empty, lifeless.

Since I started accepting our connection as it is and fighting my ego - and it is an extremely hard process that still lasts - I've undergone a huge change in my life. I am finally overcoming my depression that I've unsuccessfully battled with for years. I feel more like a soul than a body, and I am grateful for being able to experience this reality. I notice and I am moved by the beautiful small wonders of life. Before, I used to shy away from spirituality, but he triggered that part of me, and now I finally feel complete. He somehow fills that hole inside my chest I thought was normal to live with. Sometimes it's hard, though, because we know exactly how to push eachothers buttons, and because, even though I live with him in my chest, I miss him and sometimes I yearn for him physically so much it hurts.

We are not even sure we will be together because of the complications. If we do end up together, I worry our age difference is eventually going to become more noticable and more of an obstacle. He feels like he might be unfair to me, even though he never dragged me into this, only offered unconditional love and patience. I am very mature for my age, but that aside, he is ought to get old and die much sooner than I. I would also have to move from my country, my family, and all I've ever known, to be with him, because his work makes him unable to move. I am very torn on it all - I don't want to make our soul connection an excuse for giving into this, if it is not meant to be, but I also worry how pushing myself to find someone else will feel like cheating myself, him, and the new person. Since I started feeling our connection fully, I can't even look at anyone else. It feels like we're married in our soul, for forever, and that it is sacred.

But we are trying not to worry and to enjoy what we have - that we were lucky enough to have found eachother, and that we'll always have one another. We are giving eachother time, especially him to me, to make my decisions about all of this, and we're also waiting for the best moment to break it down to my parents. We haven't even met in person yet because of all of this.

Sorry for the long ramble. I'd love to hear your opinion, as well as about your experiences and stories. Some insight about how age difference affects/affected you and your twin (or whatever you want to call the soul connection) would be very helpful! Thanks a lot in advance.

Anima

Last edited by Anima : 13-10-2010 at 08:47 PM.
Old 15-10-2010, 05:44 PM
autumnrose

I met a guy online. Felt like we conected right away. I had joined this website and wanted to say hi to him, but he was 17 years older than i was, so i was nervous about it. I left the website but months later returned just to say hi to him. We started talking, at first he was worried about the age difference but in the end he found it easy to overcome. It's not sick, or weird. I dont want the father figure thing. It has nothing to do with that. It's just all about him, how i feel for him. I can't get enough. I've never felt this way about anyone. He says the same with me. As for the age differenace, it's not something that is even thought about any more.
I like what you said, just enjoy what you have and how you are lucky to have found eachother. Thats what it should all be about. Before i met him i was going through some bad stuff, my marriage had broken up, my husband was a bully. Now i just feel so lucky to have found someone i connect so well with and love being in his company. Regardles of age and what people think. People spend years looking for that special connection. And, if you are, like you say, so natural togehter, then there is nothing "sick or whatever" about it.
:)
Old 15-10-2010, 05:50 PM
autumnrose

"Since I started feeling our connection fully, I can't even look at anyone else"
I understand this too, the thought of being with anyone else turns my stomach. and i know if we ever seperated i feel like i would never be as satisfied with anyone else.
They say soul connections and twin flames have to overcome obsticals, maybe the age thing is one of them. :)
Old 27-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by autumnrose
"Since I started feeling our connection fully, I can't even look at anyone else"
I understand this too, the thought of being with anyone else turns my stomach. and i know if we ever seperated i feel like i would never be as satisfied with anyone else.
They say soul connections and twin flames have to overcome obsticals, maybe the age thing is one of them. :)

Yes...[sigh]....I feel the same way...yes there are obstacles...srsly age diffs are not even the biggest ones in many cases...but what these obstacles all have in common is that they are artificially created based on judgments rooted in prejudice, social distance, cultural biases, outright racism and perceived genetic superiority, etc. I have got all that put on me by the culture that surrounds my twin, and I'm western, white, & blonde (LOL). Prejudice and cultural bias know no bounds, truly.

Sometimes I really think I just can't take it...everyone here wants to fix me up...but I just have no desire. Rather spend my energies on family, friends, & community...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falling Star
More and more twinflames are connecting on-line now, they may have oceans seperating them, and age does not matter in affairs of the soul. My twin is eleven years younger than me. It is all about the soul connection and highest vibration of love.
It is becoming apparent to me through soul growth that this higher vibration is now needed upon the Earthplane.

Yes I think so. I try to focus on this when I wonder if I will ever see him. Focus on the love. I know we need it...we all do.

Peace & Blessings to all
7L
Old 31-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Knower
I'm listening to audiobook for "Same soul, many bodies" now! I'll definitely read/listen to all of his work, it really resonates within me and comforts me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Yes...[sigh]....I feel the same way...yes there are obstacles...srsly age diffs are not even the biggest ones in many cases...but what these obstacles all have in common is that they are artificially created based on judgments rooted in prejudice, social distance, cultural biases, outright racism and perceived genetic superiority, etc. I have got all that put on me by the culture that surrounds my twin, and I'm western, white, & blonde (LOL). Prejudice and cultural bias know no bounds, truly.

Peace & Blessings to all
7L

Yeah, I absolutely agree. And age difference is too in my case only one of this "worldly" obstacles we have. I mean, wow. If it was anyone else other than him, I'd given up 100 times over. I am not going to push this relationship though, cause I know that trying too hard may create a counter effect. I need to let go and work on myself first, and even though he's spiritually a lot more advanced than me, he has a lot to work on himself still. I tend to believe that God won't allow us to be together until we've both came to the point when we can handle that. And then, once we're both leveled and ready for eachother, if God still doesn't allow us to be, means we really are not meant to be in this lifetime. We'll just have to be BFFs and hold eachother with our souls always. I hope that by that point I would be strong enough to deal with that and be able to find someone else in my life to be a romantic partner and companion. It's hard to imagine it right now.

Quote:
The union between Twins is ageless....Eternal!
It is an experience of the soul and at soul level you are the same age. My guides have often told me that true love is no respecter of age or distance. We must always remember that at source we are the energy of love, and we are here as love personified.

Well said, Falling Star. That is what I have been telling my TF all along when he sometimes feels bad about me being so much younger than him... That our souls are the same age and that this picked us and we have to accept it the best we can. Doesn't mean we have to push romance and forget some of the boundaries that need to be respected in physical, but even if we are not to be, it doesn't automatically make the love we have for eachother "wrong".

Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hello Anima,

My TF is 30 years younger than myself, she is 37 and I am 67. The age difference is not as extreme now as it was when we first met some 17 years ago.

We are not together, yet we talk with each other telepathically every day. She was the reason for my interest in an expanded reality perspective about life and the purpose for being. As a result of our relationship, everything changed for each of us.

I am under the impression that we all have our twin. Our energetic essence would have its closes vibrational match always in focus. As a human reflection for our essence, we tend to classify our perfect partner in life as our twin soul/flame. I have found that we need to see our life from the perspective of our soul when it comes to these kinds of relationships. The concept of a common service is not the same as a perfect romantic match. As a result of that perspective, I tend to think quite differently about these relationships. I also think that many so called perfect romantic relationships are not what I see as twin soul relationships.

Now the concept of soul mates is different. I understand that we have many that we are spiritually bonded with that will make perfect partners for us in life. The question you want to answer at this time is not about the distinction between terms but the purpose of this person in your life. If you can trust that his reason for being in your life is to help you, then the thing to look for would be "how".

We all have an inner guidance. A way to reach our energetic essence or spirit self. Whatever method you use for this is appropriate. I would suggest deep reflection on all the potentials for your relationship with him.

Blessings,
John

That was a great post John. I believe that growth and change is the purpose of spiritual connections, mine included, and romantic aspect is a bonus if it comes to it. It's hard to deal with spiritual love because our instict as physical beings is to make it into romantic love as well.

But I also do believe that sexuality is a part of the bond... Not sex, but the energy of creation. It doesn't have to be exercised in physical, but the attraction exists. I feel that even when I put the yearnings of my body and the needs of my ego aside, my soul still desires to join with him in the physical. It's hard to explain it. It feels almost like I've been given a chance to complete a full circle with him... Spiritual, sexual, romantic. I'm happy with spiritual alone, but the others are definitely there, and I think maybe we could benefit from "grounding" our relationship once we've worked on ourselves for long enough individually. Like a counterpart to the soul aspect, if that makes sense. A balance.

Thank you all for your posts again!

Anima

Last edited by Anima : 31-10-2010 at 10:00 PM.
Old 15-10-2010, 05:56 PM
Ascender
More and more twinflames are connecting on-line now, they may have oceans seperating them, and age does not matter in affairs of the soul. My twin is eleven years younger than me. It is all about the soul connection and highest vibration of love.
It is becoming apparent to me through soul growth that this higher vibration is now needed upon the Earthplane.
Old 15-10-2010, 05:59 PM
autumnrose

Quote:
age does not matter in affairs of the soul.
Completely agree. :)
Old 15-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Ascender
Have you ever read the series of books by Dr Brian Weiss? I thought they were wonderful, they tell the story of soulmate reunions. "many lives, many masters" "Only love is real" "same soul many bodies" Great reading, helped me to understand the connections.
Old 15-10-2010, 10:20 PM
Knower
@autumnrose
For us, age difference is both something we don't feel, and something that we're still trying to overcome. I am only 18, and because of how serious I am by nature and how hard it is for me to find likeminded people with whom I connect with in real life, I've only had one relationship before him. I feel it in my soul - that what I have with him is special and that I wouldn't find it anywhere else - but everyone is going to be even more judgemental because of the fact they will think I fell for him because I am another teenager desperate for love. I cannot exactly go out now and build up my experience somehow to reassure myself and everyone else. I am yet to confront my parents, I am waiting for like a month before he comes for a visit, which will probably take another year or even more. I still live with them and depend on them financially and the circumstances make it impossible for me to detach myself from them right know, and probably not in the next few years either. They are very liberal, but they have their limits. My TF is worried he will cause a rift between them and me. And we are both aware we can't wait too many years, because he is not exactly a young man. Sigh. There are so many things working against us. It makes me wonder if universe is making us wait because waiting is going to benefit us both, OR if we are supposed to realise this love was never meant to happen in physical.

@Falling Star
No, I haven't read his work, thanks a lot for the recommendations, I'll be checking it out!

Anyways, thank you both for your encouragement!

Anima

Last edited by Anima : 15-10-2010 at 10:28 PM.
Old 27-10-2010, 07:09 AM
Knower
Falling Star, thanks so much!!! I found the audiobook "Only love is real" and I was literally tearing up half the time. It sparked up something inside of me, like some inner knowing, pain and joy, all at once. I will be reading the rest of his work whenever I find time!

Anima