Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 30-07-2011, 04:23 PM
callofthebird

Going home to my mother

My mother passed away 3 year 5 months and 1 week ago. It was a sudden death whilst she was visiting our relatives (where she was born and raised). She wanted to die there on our land, and she got her wish. I was not with her at that time but she was with my father and some of my siblings. I was born in Europe and have lived most of my life here, but my mother had her identity so ingrained with our anscetral land. Apparently, she knew she was going to die, she left subtle instructions and walked around the outer limits of our house, like she was saying goodbye. She cooked lots of food the night before, saying that it might help. She talked way past her usual bedtime. Her death was instant. My sister and brother tried CPR and everything thing they knew, to no avail. My mother was a remarkably kind woman, and I am proud of her. She never went to school, but she learnt from my father after they were married. She encouraged all my siblings and myself to learn and keep on learning. I have done so and I am still doing so. I never want to stop. There was something strange, my mum spoke to birds a lot. They come to me too. Apparently, there were lots of birds that turned up to her funeral. Lots of people (over 1500) attended her funeral, many of them were strangers, but it turned out that she had helped them. My mum was a very beautiful person and she made people feel special about themselves. I saw her in my dreams continually until last year, and she told me I had another path. I sort of know what it is. I feel that I am far away from home, the real home is where my mother is. Will I see my mother when I die? I know that I am not worthy to stand in front of my mother, she was incredibly noble and kind. I am only a shadow of her. I feel sad that I can't see her in my dreams, even how much I try. I work hard and I am trying to make a difference by doing my research in something constructive (I am unable to say what I do, because I feel that some people may turn away, with the mention of sciences). I don't feel an affinity towards chakra or astral planes (no offence meant), I respect all religions. I feel that there are different ways of approaching spirituality and its different than religion. Will I see my mother when I die? Is there anyway I can? I am not sure when I will die, but what matters is that I am trying to live the best way I can. Any suggestions will be helpful. I am a bit worried that I don't feel her around me as I used to and I haven't dreamt about her for many months.
Old 30-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Master
It's not important if you don't feel her around you, it's all in perception. She can't help but be around you because you are a part of each other and always will be. Sometimes we're so close to someone, that not sensing them around you is the key to bringing out your own unique strengths, talents, what-have-you. You're absolutely right in that there are various ways to approach spirituality.
It's very touching to hear your mom spoke to the birds. People in my family did that too. Both sides, surprisingly enough and both sides very appreciative and had an affinity for birds, bees, flowers, trees, etc.
Each dream you may have had in the past about her is important. I've only had 2 dreams about my son (3-3-87 ~ 2-14-10). But the symbolism and feelings during the dream and the messages are key to my ability to pick up the pieces and carry on in a way that will make him proud and know that I'm doing as the great spirit would want.

Old 31-07-2011, 02:14 AM
Trieah

It could be possible that the reason why you don't feel her around you any more, is because you're blocking yourself by thinking you're not worthy enough to stand in front of your mother. If she was as loving and kind as you say, do you really think she would be disappointed if you tried to stand in front of her, when you haven't reached her level of compassion? I don't think so.

You need to get rid of the idea that you'll never be able to fill her shoes. I don't think she's disappointed in you at all. And she understands that you are your own person, meant to follow your own path, not hers. But I do feel like you are the one blocking any connection from any more dream contact.

Yes, you will see her when you die, after you cross over into the Light. Not only that, but you can also see her in your dreams again too. You just need to open yourself up and stop worrying that it won't or hasn't happened any more. Stop worrying and just let it happen when it happens. It's all the worrying that is making it take longer. So instead of worrying about not seeing her, just make it a goal that you will connect with her again. Focus on what you want, instead of what worries you. It may take some time, but don't ever give up. Your mother loves you very much and would want you to be happy.
Old 31-07-2011, 03:22 AM
mattie

You ARE ➢➢➢ WORTHY ↵↵↵

That is really touching that she cooked lots of food the night before she died to make things easier for the rest of the family. She sounds like a remarkable woman.

Ditch this notion that you’re ‘not worthy to stand in front of my mother.’ This doesn’t honor the good job she probably did w/ you or help you move forward. Trieah brings up a good point in that this feeling of unworthiness is blocking your being able to connect w/ her.

Don’t let others prejudice of science keep you from revealing what you research professionally. It's probably interesting.

It may be that your mother knows it is high time for you to continue your journey by your self.
Old 31-07-2011, 06:54 AM
Knower
When a person dies, people believe they have gone to a better or new life ...
It seems more like the person who dies are the ones that are left behind. Ahh well .....
Old 31-07-2011, 01:27 PM
callofthebird

Dear Silvergirl, Trieah, Mattie and Mystique Enigma,

Many thanks for your messages and suggestions. You are all quite right in what you have said. I will consider all the suggestions carefully and contemplate.
I know that my mum would always love me, and I will always be with her. I am proud of her. My last meeting with her was when we had breakfast together, and she told me that "you are grown up now and that you are strong." She glowed with happiness. I was feeling a bit sad at that time, it felt strange. I promised her that when she came back from holidays, I will have written my doctoral thesis and we will have a few weeks together. Few hours later, I went back to my flat close to my Uni. She did ring me from the plane before taking off, which was unusual, she said she was "Sorry". I kept saying no its ok, there is nothing to say sorry about. She would not say what she was sorry about. The phone disconnected and that was my last conversation with her until my dreams. She died 10 days after that meeting. She was always happy at graduations, so I wanted to give her as many chances as I could and the PhD would have been the big one, as I am the first in my family to have achieved this. I always told my parents, that all of these qualifications are theirs really. That was my way to show them I loved them very much. My father is of course very proud and I am very fortunate to have him. I saw my mother in my dream after she passed away, for 40 days, with different colours clothing and where she went. The most significant was the dream on the second night, where she wore yellow with beautiful flowers on it. She met me in a house not in England (which I call home) but somewhere alpine, my father was sitting next to her, looking quite content. I arrived at the door, she held my hands in hers and said that you have a different path, she smiled. She took me in. She was in a hurry packing, she didn't wheeze (my mother had chronic asthma even before I was born), and she was telling my older sister to pack the suitcase in a certain way. She was giving her hurried instructions, and all I could do was look. Then she took me aside in the garden and she repeated that you are walking towards where you are meant to. Keep going and protect your father. I said that I would. Then the dream cut to a different scene. Someone was shooting at my family, and I protected my father and took him back home. After that I continually dreamt about my mother travelling, in different colours for each day and she was growing younger each time I saw her and she was happier, as the strain was lifting from her. I felt happy for her. On the 40th night, I saw her turn into a beautiful light, which was very peaceful. My mother used to say that it was the small things that matter. I am researching starch (grains) and what I have found are beautiful universes connected within a single microscopic grain. I feel close to her through this. So despite my rebellious paths against traditions (my mother never knew about this, I hope she will forgive me), I am trying to forgive myself, and I realise that the most important goal in my life is to go home (to my mother) with my head held up high and of course to be like her and help others and see the beauty in the little things in the world. I speak to trees, stones, and everything since I was very young. My best friend as a child was a young tree. Science is a tool for me to explore and my innate feelings are there to appreciate them. I always talk to my mum and will continue to do so. I will never want to block her of course, so I will contemplate on what you have all said. My siblings don't like talking about this with me, I think that they were feeling a bit envious perhaps that I could see her and they couldn't. I never meant them to feel that way, because my mum loved me and my siblings equally but in a different way. So its so nice to have received your replies. Many thanks for your replies once again.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:32 PM
iolite

See if you can pick up a copy of the Oversoul 7 Trilogy by Jane Roberts. I think you will find meaning and comfort if you read it.

As for the message she gave you, it was quite clear to me...Take your education and walk down that path. Emulate your mother's kindness, but become that scientist you worked so hard to be.
Old 22-08-2011, 01:17 AM
Boldylocks

When you mentioned how you talk to trees, and plants, etc.. I do to-- I feel the trees listening as well and once received a warm burst of love energy right back at me from a wonderful pine tree that has been in our back yard since I was a little girl. I hugged it,and he/she hugged me back. I also talk to birds like your mother did.

That dream you mentioned where your mother told you to keep on the path that you are on- it is a different path,but the one you should be on- is very encouraging. It is a path of science, but many things discovered in science actually confirm spiritual truths. The fact that with each dream you saw your mother looking more younger and healthier is no cooincidence. I've read some Near Death testimonies where some have met deceased relatives in the Afterlife and even spoke to a coworker at work who's nephew was recently visited by his deceased girlfriend. All looked younger than at the time of their death. My co-worker's nephew's deceased girflriend died of cancer and was ravaged by chemotherapy- She was fully restored to full beauty --even her long curly hair--when she visited him to tell him she was happy and okay in Heaven.

Also , the fact that you mentioned the last dream you had of your mother was on the 40th' night is very significant. 40 is a prophetic number mentioned in the scriptures. It represents a time of spiritual preparation and a spiritual walk/discipline. For example- the Isrealites were led through the Wilderness for 40 years before entering the Promised Land. Jesus was in the desert for 40 days and nights before beginning His Earthly ministry, Jonah was in the whales belly for 40 days before being spit out by the whale and reaching Ninevah- where he washed to shore and gave them the Ninevites the message from the Creator that they needed to hear. There are tons more examples of that number in the scriptures, so pay attention to that number. It is a spiritual number, not necessarily a number to be taken literally

hugs!-- you will see your mother again !!
:-)