Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 09-02-2017, 04:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I am not saying or condoning the world ending in 2025 and putting an exact year/time on it, but it's getting pretty close. Sri Yukteshwar Giri actually said 2100, but Graham Hancock said these calculations were slightly off.

I would think, not in my lifetime, not in that of my children...but any time after (when there's nobody left alive who will remember it) and then nobody can say "well, the time has come and gone now, what have you to say for yourself and your stupid theory?" but it will be within the next 100 years, no doubt.
They've been saying "the world will soon end" or "the world as we know it will soon end", with and without specific dates attached, forever!

That BIG changes in the configuration of our world are now also in the offing is indisputable. Duh!
Old 10-02-2017, 01:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
They've been saying "the world will soon end" or "the world as we know it will soon end", with and without specific dates attached, forever!

That BIG changes in the configuration of our world are now also in the offing is indisputable. Duh!
Very true and granted, but they haven't been saying Kali Yuga will end within 100 years and not 400,000 years have they? Thus the whole premise of the thread.

It's not only you, but I seem to have woken up today to the 'let's split hairs, be pedantic and take Necro to task over her use of tenses, relational framing and ambiguity' day....you know, those days when one goes 'screw it' and goes back to bead, pulling the covers over very tightly..
Old 10-02-2017, 04:54 PM
Master
Quote:
It's not only you, but I seem to have woken up today to the 'let's split hairs, be pedantic and take Necro to task over her use of tenses, relational framing and ambiguity' day....you know, those days when one goes 'screw it' and goes back to bead, pulling the covers over very tightly..

Actually, Intense One, the 'aim' of what I've been pitching back is to e. to 'untask' you, that is, to stimulate you (to whatever degree may be possible) to 'loosen' (lighten?) up so you can 'hear' and appreciate everything in the 'concert' that's playing.

Please know that I personally identify with and like 'intensity', BTW, just have come to know/see, from extensive (intense ) experience, that Life works 'better' when/if one's modality (one's shiva/parvathi 'dance') of Life-experience and Life-expression is balanced - it's a "better to equally use both one's left and right feet instead of just going about trying to hop, skip and jump on whichever may be presently be one's 'dominant' one" kind of wisdom.

In terms of the topic at hand, my sense/view is that the 'vibration' present in every 'now' is current is 'made up' of a practically infinite series of superimposed frequencies, i.e. up-n-down or birth-n-death wave-'cycles', a simple slice of the picture being our annual spring-summer-fall-n-winter seasons and incremental and decremental temperature and moisture variations within each each one.

I hope you will receive this as an 'old' man's kind of loving enjoinment instead of (possibly) seeing'/feeling it to be an expression of competitive 'oneupmanship' in response to your various propositions.

Sincerely -
Old 11-02-2017, 01:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun

Actually, Intense One, the 'aim' of what I've been pitching back is to e. to 'untask' you, that is, to stimulate you (to whatever degree may be possible) to 'loosen' (lighten?) up so you can 'hear' and appreciate everything in the 'concert' that's playing.

Please know that I personally identify with and like 'intensity', BTW, just have come to know/see, from extensive (intense ) experience, that Life works 'better' when/if one's modality (one's shiva/parvathi 'dance') of Life-experience and Life-expression is balanced - it's a "better to equally use both one's left and right feet instead of just going about trying to hop, skip and jump on whichever may be presently be one's 'dominant' one" kind of wisdom.

In terms of the topic at hand, my sense/view is that the 'vibration' present in every 'now' is current is 'made up' of a practically infinite series of superimposed frequencies, i.e. up-n-down or birth-n-death wave-'cycles', a simple slice of the picture being our annual spring-summer-fall-n-winter seasons and incremental and decremental temperature and moisture variations within each each one.

I hope you will receive this as an 'old' man's kind of loving enjoinment instead of (possibly) seeing'/feeling it to be an expression of competitive 'oneupmanship' in response to your various propositions.

Sincerely -
LOL @ "Intense One".

If your aim was to lighten me up, you have raised a smile, if that is any consolation for your hard-working efforts to en-lighten poor old 'serious Necro'.

Yes, my brother - even my old Guru, Swami Chidananda Saraswati kept telling me to 'lighten up' telling me I have "Shiva on the brain" and suggested that I worship Parvati for a while to balance it out. I was like "I shall compromise and worship Ardhanarishwar, fair"? He laughed and went "nope" and then he gave me mantra diksha initiation on the spot:

सर्वमङ्गलमाङ्गल्ये शिवे सर्वार्थसाधिके ।
शरण्ये त्र्यम्बके गौरि नारायणि नमोऽस्तु ते ॥

Sarva-Manggala-Maanggalye Shive Sarvaartha-Saadhike |
Sharannye Trya[i-A]mbake Gauri Naaraayanni Namo[ah-A]stu Te ||

Meaning:
1: (Salutations to You O Narayani) Who is the Auspiciousness in All the Auspicious, Auspiciousness Herself, Complete with All the Auspicious Attributes, and Who fulfills All the Objectives of the Devotees (Purusharthas - Dharma, Artha, Kama and Moksha),
2: Who is the Giver of Refuge, With Three Eyes and a Shining Face; Salutations to You O Narayani.

So I was like "Oi, but I wanted a Shiva mantra, Guru-ji!"

He laughed and said "Of course you do and that's why I gave you that one - Shiva can only be known through Shakti and...lighten up!"

Oh those good times - Jai Guru Dev.

Aum Namah Shivaya.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:48 AM
Master
I just remembered another little conversation I had with Swami-ji.

The suffix "-ji" is added at the end as a mark of respect.

One day, just by the by swami said to me; "I like you, because you make no outward show of respecting me...you keep it all inside and it's refreshing to meet another person who won't touch my feet or bow before me. It gets quite tiring being treated like a king and people making such a fuss over me all the time".

I was like "you are my most respected teacher, but you are also just another human being and I don't see why everybody else makes such a big deal or a fuss over you either".

He just laughed and went "carry on...and never change who you are, it is endearing".

Aum Namah Shivaya
Old 11-02-2017, 04:44 PM
Master
Quote:
He just laughed and went "carry on...and never change who you are, it is endearing".

Aum Namah Shivaya

XOXOXOXOXOX
OXO OXO
XOXOXOXOXOX
Old 28-02-2017, 06:29 PM
Experiencer
I guess there are many many milion years until universe disolutes.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:46 AM
Master
we are moving out of kali and into treta, the tide is turning now. But this will not be a huge noticeable change, it will take place over thousands of years as will mankinds mentality change.
Old 08-03-2017, 12:17 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Namaste.

I prefer the theory put forward by Sri Yukteshwar Giri, although I cannot put an exact date on it.

It has been noted that the Mahabharata ended @25,000 years ago, and the end of that war ushered in Kali Yuga. Before that, it was Dwapara Yuga.

25,000 years is also about one whole precession of equinox.

Maybe the scriptures meant 'months' and not 'years'...but anyway, Sri Yukteshwar Giri said we don't go back to Satya Yuga or Golden Age...oh no, we do it in reverse and go back to Dwapara Yuga and then slowly, our consciousness evolves again, after being in Kali Yuga for so long...and within the space of another full precession, we go back to it being Satya Yuga.

...or something like this anyway. It all has to do with the star Polaris.

I am not saying or condoning the world ending in 2025 and putting an exact year/time on it, but it's getting pretty close. Sri Yukteshwar Giri actually said 2100, but Graham Hancock said these calculations were slightly off.

I would think, not in my lifetime, not in that of my children...but any time after (when there's nobody left alive who will remember it) and then nobody can say "well, the time has come and gone now, what have you to say for yourself and your stupid theory?" but it will be within the next 100 years, no doubt.

Aum Namah Shivaya

This is all immensely fascinating....But like I said, I'm really bad at admitting when I lack knowledge on something. Overinflated ego and all that. So like....what exactly is Kali Yuga? Dwapara Yuga? Satya Yuga? The Mahabharata? Both sound familiar, especially that last one.

Or better yet, what scriptures discuss all this so I can read about it myself? It'd save you effort and time. Bear in mind that I trade for goods and rarely work for money, so I can't currently afford any books. Maybe something free online I can read? So intriguing....
Trigger Warning: I am neither FDA Approved nor USDA Certified. Certain subject matter is prohibited by federal law; I'm a good girl, so please don't publicly discuss such things with me. Privately message me if you'd like to ask personal questions.

My advice may contain words known in the state of California to offend people. Attempt any activities I discuss at your own risk. I ask odd questions and give answers you won't want to hear. Come to me as a last resort.