Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Old 24-08-2016, 01:47 PM
Master
Ravens

Growing up seemed always there were crows or ravens cawing and sitting in trees, flying around. Drove my mom nuts. She only thought they were 'bad omens'. I thought they were noisy. I realize the raven is bigger than the crow so I surmise they were Ravens.

Anyway, what are your thoughts and views on Ravens? Recently a group of 4 have taken to hanging out on my property. I love it. I hear them first thing in the morning and see them flying from high tree top to high tree top. They poke around my yard. Then the other day my bf came back from a trip and brought me present. I opened it and inside was the most beautiful necklace and earring set with a Raven on it. It came with a card (which I don't have with me) but a very interesting tale of the Raven and it's meaning. He always teases me about being totally 'woo"...but he said he fell in love with the jewelry and said he had to get for me...It's very striking. he made another comment but I can't recall it now regarding me and the raven and feeling that it was something I should have but said it in a way as though he felt led to get it not simply because it's so intriguing but the raven itself.

Now I'm getting woo and wondering about the ravens in my yard for weeks and my bf coming home with the raven earrings and necklace.

Thoughts or does any of this just mean nothing hahaha.
Old 28-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Master
the Raven is a powerful totem animal:
http://www.spirit-animals.com/raven/

it's funny that your mom had thought them noisy, juxtaposed vs
what that site says: "Raven seeks stillness and quiet, and prefer
it to the constant onslaught of chatter and noise in our daily lives."
Old 29-12-2016, 08:59 AM
Guide
U just might be the raven queen. They are also known to protect important things
Old 29-12-2016, 11:50 PM
Master
Thank you H:O:R:A:C:E and Brucely.

I just checked out the link. I didn't realize I had replies until now lol. Thanks. The link was fascinating. I still have the ravens all around and when I go running...they fly from tree top to tree top and I wave ...lol
Old 30-12-2016, 01:29 AM
Master
Maybe Ravens are like dolphins - they seem to have a 6th sense and 'appreciate' their human counterparts - recognizing them (us) as being every bit as smart as they are - give or take, ha ha.

I honestly don't know what magic it is that we take to certain animals, like I've always been a little nutty about crows and most other birds. Yet horses are the creatures that really stir my soul. Cats, dogs too, though. There's just love there - for no real reason!

Old 02-01-2017, 12:09 AM
Pathfinder
Hey Thanks for this Thread!
I had an Native American friend of a friend tell me that My Spirit Totem is a Raven... I found that very creepy... Every day when I wake up there is a raven (or very huge crow) that lands on my garage roof and stares at me while I have that first cup of coffee and smoke outside. When I get to work, there is another that usually lands on our picnic table while I am having that last smoke before going into work... Its been going on like clock work for several years and really makes me wonder what the heck is going on.
I have a new perspective on it now thanks!
Old 22-01-2017, 08:43 PM
Guide
Location: Up a mountain communing with the Grandfathers, Ancestors, Ravens n Horses beside the Stones
All corvids rock, their extremly intelligent to the same level as a 5 yr old child. I'm First Nations and to my people they represent many good things, to have one as your guide / totem is always a positive and interesting exeperience as they bring with them change and open doors into the Mystery for you as they move bettween realities.

They carry with them wisdom and will guide you to the light if you allow them to. They also have a trickster element and sense of humour which keeps life interesting and often has you laughing at yourself and the lessons you learn.

To my people it was the raven who returned the sun / light to us, if you want to read up about it look online for Raven steals the sun. When the sun went it was the white raven who went and found it and stole it back for us.. But in doing so his feathers got covered in soot and he lost his white plumage. But if you look carefully today at a Raven or any Corvid ( birds of the Raven Family) you will see in the light a hidden rainbow of colors in his feathers.

My personal experiences with Corvids have been life long currently I share my life with one he's pictured on my avatar. He came into my life a year ago injured and will never fly again so he stayed. ( I am licenced to keep him and other Corvids.) He's sitting on my shoulder as I type this playing with my earing. The day he turned up he bought plenty of positive change into my life and reminded me to step back into my own heritage to find some things. He's bought with him many gifts for me and I'm enjoying shareing my life with him, as he's only a young bird he could well be around for the next 30 yrs.

Here's where we go off the map.
Out past the power lines,
up that little side road without a sign.
Hidden from the mainstream.

Keeper's of the Ancient future, Keepers of the Drum.
They don't preserve it.....
They live it......!
Old 19-02-2017, 02:26 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarian
Growing up seemed always there were crows or ravens cawing and sitting in trees, flying around. Drove my mom nuts. She only thought they were 'bad omens'. I thought they were noisy. I realize the raven is bigger than the crow so I surmise they were Ravens.

Anyway, what are your thoughts and views on Ravens? Recently a group of 4 have taken to hanging out on my property. I love it. I hear them first thing in the morning and see them flying from high tree top to high tree top. They poke around my yard. Then the other day my bf came back from a trip and brought me present. I opened it and inside was the most beautiful necklace and earring set with a Raven on it. It came with a card (which I don't have with me) but a very interesting tale of the Raven and it's meaning. He always teases me about being totally 'woo"...but he said he fell in love with the jewelry and said he had to get for me...It's very striking. he made another comment but I can't recall it now regarding me and the raven and feeling that it was something I should have but said it in a way as though he felt led to get it not simply because it's so intriguing but the raven itself.

Now I'm getting woo and wondering about the ravens in my yard for weeks and my bf coming home with the raven earrings and necklace.

Thoughts or does any of this just mean nothing hahaha.

They're my favorite birds. People seem to treat them as pests. If it wasn't for these birds and other scavengers cleaning up dead stuff it would spread a lot of disease.

I like when ravens do a clicking sound. I've only heard it in the ones deeper in the forest.
Old 24-02-2017, 06:16 PM
Pathfinder
It's interesting that crows not only have a language but they speak in dialects. The dialect of crows in different areas is as distinctive as the difference between a Maine and Georgia accent in humans.
I suppose our crows in San Diego say things like, "Surfs up dude". They nest in the crowns of palm trees here.