Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 28-04-2012, 07:28 AM
Knower
What happens at the very end?

Is there a end? What happens when we are perfected spiritually?
Old 28-04-2012, 08:01 AM
Master
Hmm.....I reckon if I knew the answer to that.....I wouldn't be here writing this....very good question..
Old 28-04-2012, 10:54 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by daverigler

Yes there is an end of this particular journey.

At 'the end' of the journey, the end of our lives and experiences away from the creator, we'll merge back into whatever that creator - God if you prefer - actually is.

At that point we will again become as one with it and cease to have individuality.
Old 28-04-2012, 11:11 AM
Experiencer

In the end, all pieces of the puzzle come together and everything is okay.

If everything is not understood or okay, its not the end.
Old 28-04-2012, 11:18 AM
Mind's Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Yes there is an end of this particular journey.

At 'the end' of the journey, the end of our lives and experiences away from the creator, we'll merge back into whatever that creator - God if you prefer - actually is.

At that point we will again become as one with it and cease to have individuality.

That is actually not so; individuality is retained. There is the old theory that when we die, and even someday when time ends, everything will be sucked back up into the Divine and be absorbed. But then there are many other religions that teach the opposite. I think in the day and age that we live in, we have enough paranormal evidences that prove that souls retain their individual being upon death and beyond. Not to mention, if you really follow through with the whole absorption theory, it just doesn't make logical sense. If there be an all wise, all knowing and all loving Divine Being; why would it create the vast variety of life, only to watch or play with it for a while and then mop it all up like a sponge one day? That would actually make life meaningless and it would have no purpose. The entire universe would just be a show for some cosmic television watcher. And that is not what God is...

I know the absorption theory is a favorite to many in the modern day; but it is little more than an excuse for many to espouse the nonsensical argument that everything is an illusion, and therefore there is no right, no wrong, no good and no evil... Everything just is and we can basically do anything we please and never have to fear giving an account of our lives in the end. Thus it is fashionable to reduce the Divine to nothing more than an impersonal energy that can somehow daydream the universe into being... And I am sorry to report, that this is not so.
Old 28-04-2012, 11:51 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
That is actually not so; individuality is retained. There is the old theory that when we die, and even someday when time ends, everything will be sucked back up into the Divine and be absorbed. But then there are many other religions that teach the opposite. I think in the day and age that we live in, we have enough paranormal evidences that prove that souls retain their individual being upon death and beyond. Not to mention, if you really follow through with the whole absorption theory, it just doesn't make logical sense. If there be an all wise, all knowing and all loving Divine Being; why would it create the vast variety of life, only to watch or play with it for a while and then mop it all up like a sponge one day? That would actually make life meaningless and it would have no purpose. The entire universe would just be a show for some cosmic television watcher. And that is not what God is...

I know the absorption theory is a favorite to many in the modern day; but it is little more than an excuse for many to espouse the nonsensical argument that everything is an illusion, and therefore there is no right, no wrong, no good and no evil... Everything just is and we can basically do anything we please and never have to fear giving an account of our lives in the end. Thus it is fashionable to reduce the Divine to nothing more than an impersonal energy that can somehow daydream the universe into being... And I am sorry to report, that this is not so.

If what I wrote were based on what you've written here then I might agree.

You're mixing together ideas from too many sources and the result is a mish-mash. KISS - Keep It Simple Sweetie - I much prefer simplicity when dealing with matters of the spirit
Old 28-04-2012, 12:24 PM
Sangress

Quote:

I have no idea considering I've never experienced it, but I do think that, as with nature all cycles have an end or simply blend into another already existing cycle/way of existing...so theoretically and based on observations of other's I've got a few possibilities forming in my head which include but are not limited to:

- spiritual rebirth (not the physical kind and its more like a recharge or cleansing or refinement/shedding of excess stuff than being created again as far as I can tell)

- becoming part of the universe permanantly (becoming "One" or "going back to the source/to the creator"...not sure if its all the same thing, but it sure sounds similar)

- its not real/not happening/a delusion/an illusion (however you want to say it) so nothing really changes even though we could delude ourselves into thinking it for whatever reason

- we cease to exist entierly (that means only others memories of us would be the legacy we leave behind..which isnt so bad when you think about it since we'd still "live on" in some way metaphorically and help others grow/learn)

- We merge our soul with someone elses for some unknown reason (havent really thought that one through)

- a mixture of all of the above occurences

- its something I haven't considered yet

So yeh, there we go. *shrugs*
Old 28-04-2012, 05:54 PM
Pathfinder

Cat

[quote=daverigler]Is there a end? What happens when we are perfected spiritually?[/

We become Co-Creators with Creator. There is no ending as we are eternal.
Old 28-04-2012, 06:08 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye

Yeah agreed I think everyone keeps individuality but we somewhat come very close to God in a way like we are with him in one place it seems more logical this way but then again merging with God may be correct, but I don't particulary like the idea if it is permanent
Old 28-04-2012, 09:40 PM
Ascender
I think we are only here because Earth's lessons are needed still. It still serves a purpose for existing, and so will exist. If we no longer have purpose colliding with each other on Earth, we will go where our purpose can serve. At the end, our purpose will be to simply exist in harmony with eachother for eternity. The location wont matter, for all will coincide with the same purpose and places to do so.