Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 15-06-2011, 05:01 AM
yinepu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruise
This is the 3rd time in a couple of days I've come across this. Just yesterday it was on the radio station I listen too, the breakfast announcer read it out during their show, and then she posted it on to her facebook page with a link to the radio station's website, and now it was the first thing I saw on here.
I think it's great to publish things like this, as it does make people stop and think about life and death, and making sure we appreciate each day. It's not until we personally go through something ourselves that it makes us think about how we should be living our lives, and unfortunately for some, it is too late to rectify it. I know once we pass over it certainly helps us if we know that we'd told our loved ones we loved them, made peace with anything that was still troubling us and grateful for the life we have had.
Of course, we are all humans in this existance, and we will make mistakes, and have to account for those at some stage, but that is why we are here. We have to look at all the good we do also, even just taking a couple of moments to pray for world peace is helping!
Blessings to you all, and especially those who have just lost loved ones. Send them your love and know that they will receive it.
K.

Hey Kruise, that was a really nice post ! oh and i lurrrve desiderata too.
Old 18-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Pathfinder
Thank you sound. Those five things are important, I am going to write them down to reflect on.

I agree, that was a really nice post, Kruise, thank you.
Old 24-06-2011, 04:40 AM
infinity00lights

PREDAWN----"the last task is to realize ones life had to be exactly the way it was.no other life was possible" WOW..this reminds me of how i used to try to manipulate my fate by using drugs.Now i know much much better...thats awefully thought provoking.wowzers.
Old 24-06-2011, 06:43 AM
primrose

I also spend time with the dying, today in fact and I'll have another tomorrow, they tell me to not put off anything you mean to do one day, that material things are'nt important. They all seem to have some regrets, things they did'nt get around to doing mostly. As for material things, you can't take them with you.
Old 27-06-2011, 10:54 AM
ELLEN DOHERTY62

ellen

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinepu
So how many people here can relate to the top 5 ?
hello yinep i can relate to all five i have been telling myself for years to be like this i am still telling myself we get into a comfort zone and are apprehensive on being any different then on our death bed all the regrets come.i seen this with my mother she was so fearfull of almost everything in life that before she realized it . it was comming to an end . ellen x
Old 27-06-2011, 03:45 PM
yinepu

hi guys i have tried to reply now 3 times to this, maybe i better leave my response for another day !

Weird that the same sentance i re write , my computer kicks me off this page... i will wait to reply
Old 07-07-2011, 02:17 PM
Lex

Thanks for the thought provoking thread, yinepu. You asked which resonated with each of us and I'd have to say that number one - living a life true to oneself - hit me. Not so much that I haven't lived my dreams, but because I spent a lot years doing something I didn't want to do. I think, though, that sometimes (most times), situations and responsibilities play a large role not being able to be true to yourself. If you have a family, the responsibility of caring for them - financially and emotionally - can easily override your personal desires.

That was so in my case, and for awhile I regreted that. Not any longer. I think that those years were in some ways preparing me for later things, that those years and circumstances led me to my soul mate - who subsequently led me to where I am now. So, no regrets...now or later. I've done a lot of things in my life (to date) and most of those were things I really wanted to do.

I've recently embarked on my third career..writing...something I've wanted to do since high school, but I wasn't ready...until now. All that occurred before had to happen first...;o)
Old 20-07-2011, 06:42 PM
dunno

Exclamation

My regret that I could have done differently was to never start to smoke Pot. Had I not done that as a teenager, my entire life would have been different. Now here's why this may indeed belong on a spirituality board. I had started to do some drinking when I was 14. By the time I was 15 the idea of smoking Pot had come into my mind. I discussed it with friends, and with a female older cousin I spent time with. Right now I can see me and her, in my mind's eye, walking and talking about this. When I was 15 I wasn't a spiritual kid. I now know this was a message from God. How it was delivered to me I don't know, and it doesn't matter. I spent well over 1 year debating on whether or not to smoke Pot, before I ever did it. Yes, I used to think a LOT and I still do. But here is what I used to think, and being a spiritually dumb kid, from a family of even spiritually dumber people, no one ever thought to tell me this could have been a message from God. Here is the thought.

"But suppose I do smoke Pot, and suppose it does mess up my mind and it does it in such a way that I don't know it or realize it. And I waste my whole life doing that. Until I finally quit when I'm an old man. And only then will I be able to see I wasted my life on it".

Well, I didn't quit as an old man, I was 50 when I quit. But every word of that came to pass. At 15 and 16 I was raised catholic and I had a nominal belief in God. I knew there were angels, and I figured it's true that they come to earth and try to help us and bring us messages and knowledge from God. I was taught this and I believed it. And this message that I just quoted came to me 1 too many times. Just think, that was 43 years ago, and I still remember it almost word for word, as well as where I was and what I was doing when it 1st came to me. And it all happened. Obviously it was a message from God, a warning and I failed to heed it.

I guess I'm posting this because if anyone is reading this, especially a young person, and you are faced with a possible life changing choice, whatever it may be, and you are getting something that keeps coming to you, as a warning, and you don't like it because it's not what you want to do. Think about me and this message I received. It was true. I regret not heeding it.

Good thread. I'm glad I read it.

Jack
Old 21-07-2011, 06:56 AM
Student4Life1975

every year, coincidently on my birthday, i look back and ask myself "if i were do die today, what regrets would i have?" and this line of thinking greatly assists me in living life to my own potential. each year i have less and less to cross off my list. travel is a big one, treating everyone in my life like i want to be treated (it really works), maintaining my healthy lifestyle, constantly learning, being a good family man, and consultant for my line of work, etc.

this works quite well, and ive done it for 4 years now, every year i feel a great sense of accomplishment, but more importantly i fear death far less than i used to. probably because the greatest fear about death for me, is leaving so much undone in life.
Old 21-07-2011, 07:26 AM
not human

1 I wish I had loved more

2 I wish I had lived more freely & honestly

3 I wish I hadn't taken myself so seriously

4 I wish I had lived with more compassion

5 I wish this bed was more comfortable