Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature > Animals

Old 05-05-2018, 08:06 PM
Master
my 2 cats i hav now cortt wen thy wear 5 mthss lsy yr torshin lif frm it aner mosess it got in hosess
it can be veryy tramticc for us 2 sea i no

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 07-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
I have two huntresses. One has stopped hunting and bringing in presents, the other still brings in kills. For this little cat I've bought some homemade cloth collars (on Etsy) and sewn on tiny bells to alert her prey.

The bells are so very small they don't tinkle (rather, they thunk if I shake them next to my ear) but it's enough to alert most of the birds and mice and the bells don't irritate her with the constant tinkling. I have two such collars and change them occasionally to repair the bells and wash them.

I searched high and low for several months online for a cat collar with bells on them (mine have ten 10 bells surrounding the collar) and only found collars with one dangly bell which, in my opinion, can get caught on something and trap the cat.

Over this weekend I have had to rescue 2 desperate mice brought into the house and kept alive as toys. One of them was so terrified it was screaming and shaking. Fortunately I put the poor things safely outside. I can accept my cat killing them quickly but I don't want them to suffer like that.

I am going to compromise and do what you suggested. I want my cat to be able to hunt but I also want to give the poor mice (who are not bothering me) a chance to escape.
Old 07-05-2018, 01:12 PM
Master
Once I was deeply touched when my girlfriends cat brought me a gift....it was a beer can ring pull. lol. She looked really pleased with herself for her 'kill'.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 07-05-2018, 05:30 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Once I was deeply touched when my girlfriends cat brought me a gift....it was a beer can ring pull. lol. She looked really pleased with herself for her 'kill'.

LOL! I love cats!
Old 07-05-2018, 06:49 PM
Master
me 2 i luv cats i thng thy r so lovin i do thy g gif us giftss thy do i remr wen lucy giv me a shoee lasess as a gifttt
my 2 cats i hab now thy evn giv me ther cat toyss as a giftt

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 08-05-2018, 03:26 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flexi-Girl
I am going to compromise and do what you suggested. I want my cat to be able to hunt but I also want to give the poor mice (who are not bothering me) a chance to escape.

My huntress cat like to play and torture. The collars were my compromise. It took planning, buying the supplies online, waiting for everything to arrive and sewing on the bells, but well worth the time and effort. She is not bothered by her collars and I don't have to watch her torture innocent wildlife (very often).

It would be a different story if she ate them, but she doesn't.
Old 08-05-2018, 07:50 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
My huntress cat like to play and torture. The collars were my compromise. It took planning, buying the supplies online, waiting for everything to arrive and sewing on the bells, but well worth the time and effort. She is not bothered by her collars and I don't have to watch her torture innocent wildlife (very often).

It would be a different story if she ate them, but she doesn't.

That's cats for you lol. I was surprised when my little Alice killed a mouse. She's a small cat and I didn't think she could kill anything. She did though and she didn't eat it either.

I'm surprised your cat doesn't mind her collar. Usually, cats don't like them. I had to knit Alice a collar because she wouldn't stop hurting herself by scratching her neck. The sores needed to heal and she just wouldn't let them. We ended up having to bring her to the Vet.
Old 09-05-2018, 10:25 AM
Ascender
It's been about three days since I put bells on Dazzles collar, and she hasn't returned with any gifts. That maybe helping. However it wouldn't surprise me if she's keeping them in her secret layer since I was getting upset when she brought them in the house. She's a very perceptive cat.

On a side note. She doesn't seem to mind the collar but I take it off when she's indoors. There's no reason it must be on 24x7.
Old 09-05-2018, 12:47 PM
Master

My experience with Cami, my huntress, is the collar works most of the time. And she insists upon bringing them in the house, whether they have feathers or fur or scales. That way they can't get away. That's her logic.

Cami melts when I scratch under her collar but she doesn't dig at it herself. My other cat hated the collars so much she quit hunting.
Old 09-05-2018, 01:01 PM
Master
I just let'm hunt......its in their nature and I figure a hunting cat is a happy cat!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!