Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 22-07-2015, 02:36 AM
Newbie ;)

Native Americanism and Islam

So maybe some of you could share your stories if you have a similar experience or just thoughts on this matter. I began practicing Islam not long ago, it's a beautiful religion and one my boy friend was raised by. I on the other hand was more closely raised to Native American spiritual beliefs, and while I'm not practicing those now in any sense, I do still have that culture and spirituality in my life to some extent. My boy friend is solely Muslim, and I was wondering if anyone might share some ideas on how I can introduce him to, or better explain what I was raised with, the Native American side of things.
Old 28-07-2015, 05:44 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by TipsyGypsyGirl
So maybe some of you could share your stories if you have a similar experience or just thoughts on this matter. I began practicing Islam not long ago, it's a beautiful religion and one my boy friend was raised by. I on the other hand was more closely raised to Native American spiritual beliefs, and while I'm not practicing those now in any sense, I do still have that culture and spirituality in my life to some extent. My boy friend is solely Muslim, and I was wondering if anyone might share some ideas on how I can introduce him to, or better explain what I was raised with, the Native American side of things.

I think that all depends how open your boyfriend is to other religions and believes.Some people who follow one religion believe that is the only religion out there.For others it is more open.Your boyfriend simply needs to respect how you were raised really and have an interest in that, in the same way you are showing interest in his believes.It works both ways.
Old 29-07-2015, 12:57 PM
Ascender
The Qur'an clearly explains that a prophet was sent to every nation and people. If he follows the Qur'an, he will know that a prophet was sent to the Native American people to guide them on the right path and to teach them what they needed to know.

But, if he is part of a main line Islamic sect who follows the Hadiths like they are part of the Qur'an, he will most likely be closed to the idea that other beliefs are possible. Hopefully he follows all of the signs of Nature as well as the Book ( Qur'an, Gospels, and Torah). Not a closed minded Islamic sect that teaches the Hadiths as being from the Almighty One.

mj
Old 30-07-2015, 12:14 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
The Qur'an clearly explains that a prophet was sent to every nation and people. If he follows the Qur'an, he will know that a prophet was sent to the Native American people to guide them on the right path and to teach them what they needed to know.

But, if he is part of a main line Islamic sect who follows the Hadiths like they are part of the Qur'an, he will most likely be closed to the idea that other beliefs are possible. Hopefully he follows all of the signs of Nature as well as the Book ( Qur'an, Gospels, and Torah). Not a closed minded Islamic sect that teaches the Hadiths as being from the Almighty One.

mj

well the Quran says :

Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other

and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are

devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them

guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then

if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them (4:34)

according to you an open minded person
is person who follow Quran exactly and therefore
able to beat his wife senseless
because the Quran said so

while according to you a close minded person
who follow Hadith
which when Mohammad was asked about that certain verse
he answered by picking up his tooth pick
and poked the man asking him about it
saying : only this hard you're allowed to strike them
which is not beating at all

again Quran says :

As to the thief, Male or female, cut off his or her hands 5:38

who follow Quran alone will cut off person hand
for stealing anything

while according to you a close minded person
who follow Hadith and Mohammad teachings

in times of Omar Ibn-Alkattab second Calipha
3 young men to him brought for stealing a camel
he asked why did you steal ?
they answered our master works us and starve us
he then let them go and told their master
if he starve them again and they steal
he's going to cut their master hand not theirs
or are you going to accuse Omar of being close minded
he did not put punishment mentioned in Quran to action
why ? coz of teachings of Mohammad coz of conditions and requirements
for each crime and situation
those stuff not mentioned in Quran

i think before you accuse people of sects of being close minded
Educate your self on history of islam
and Mohammad's teaching

believe in islam Without hadith is
like belief in Islam without Mohammd

i think these two examples are more than enough
for any sane person to make out the logical answer
instead of listening to nonsense insult you pushed
into big number of people by calling them close minded

heck if that above is your ideal of close minded people
am proud to be a close minded person in your perspective

it's called learning and history .. you should try them
Old 30-07-2015, 12:28 PM
Guide
The one thing I am acutely aware of is how intolerant Islam is of other religions. This is something you would need to consider.
Old 01-08-2015, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator
Many religions are intolerant of other ways....other religions. That is our downfall. If we come from "Heart" instead of dogma, we will listen to other stories, other ways, and know that they are all talking about the same thing. We are all singing songs in different keys about the same Source.

True love should be greater than religious conditioning or dogma. But how often is it??

My mother was a Christian, my father an Atheist. I don't know how they managed, but they did for nearly 50 years of marriage. Their only arguments were about money -never about religion.
Old 02-08-2015, 12:54 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobi
Many religions are intolerant of other ways....other religions. That is our downfall. If we come from "Heart" instead of dogma, we will listen to other stories, other ways, and know that they are all talking about the same thing. We are all singing songs in different keys about the same Source.

Yes, that is certainly our downfall. I think most people see religions as being intolerant of other ways. Which is the opposite of what God did, by sending a prophet to every nation. There is no division in humanity. Religions divide humanity by separating into these so called religious sects, meaning Jews, Christians, Muslims and all of the sub sects each of these sects has. They all base their division on tales of what their forefathers told them they needed to believe. IMO they are close minded and blindly follow what they are told to believe. It is the concept of; if my forefathers were doing it, then it must be correct.

mj
Old 02-08-2015, 03:01 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Please Leave Me

again Quran says :

As to the thief, Male or female, cut off his or her hands 5:38

who follow Quran alone will cut off person hand
for stealing anything

What you say above and what the Qur'an says are as different as the east is from the west.

The verse 5:38 is describing a person that is addicted to theft. That means they are constantly stealing. It is not a person that just simply steals anything one day. In addition, the "cutting off" of something is also understood as "the refraining" of something. So it means; take an action that does not allow a habitual thief to continue their ability to steal.

But let me explain to you what this verse is all about. You must first see humanity as a single body, every human as the same person. Then imagine that a small part of that body takes away or harms an adjoining part of itself, the same body. If that stealing is allowed to grow in the body it will grow like a cancer. And that cancer will eventually grow large enough to kill the entire body. So when a body has a cancer in it, the cancer is cut out, restrained, not allowed to grow, so that the entire body survives.

Feel free to ask me about any verse of the Qur'an and I will be glad to explain them to you.

mj
Old 02-08-2015, 03:15 PM
celest

Quote:
What you say above and what the Qur'an says are as different as the east is from the west.

The verse 5:38 is describing a person that is addicted to theft. That means they are constantly stealing. It is not a person that just simply steals anything one day. In addition, the "cuttinig off" of something is also understood as "the refraining" of something. So it means; take an action that does not allow a habitual thief to continue their ability to steal.
L
But let me explain to you what this verse is all about. You must first see humanity as a single body, every human as the same person. Then imagine that a small part of that body takes away or harms an adjoining part of itself, the same body. If that stealing is allowed to grow in the body it will grow like a cancer. And that cancer will eventually grow large enough to kill the entire body. So when a body has a cancer in it, the cancer is cut out, restrained, not allowed to grow, so that the entire body survives.

Feel free to ask me about any verse of the Qur'an and I will be glad to explain them to you.

mj

There are many islamic countries who in 2015 still practise this barbaric treatment. I have just turned the World News off on my TV which was showing a mass mob in an islamic country stoning a homosexual man to death, they remind me off a pack of wild animals, it's disgusting behaviour.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:26 PM
Experiencer
Quote:

The verse 5:38 is describing a person that is addicted to theft. That means they are constantly stealing. It is not a person that just simply steals anything one day. In addition, the "cutting off" of something is also understood as "the refraining" of something. So it means; take an action that does not allow a habitual thief to continue their ability to steal.

mj

You forget am native arab therefore u can ask me about explaination
Not the other way around when i speak a verse am aware
Of original arabic verse which has nothing to do with west or east
U did not explain the verse my friend u changed it

Its hard to fool a person in their own language
Wouldnt u agree ?

Truth is u need a person.to teach u arabic
So u can know what u talking about before accusing.
People of being closed minded

Ignorance is no excuse for being arrogant