Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 10-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
OK... but what then is sound? Is all vibration of matter sound? Is all vibration sound?
all vibration makes sound, that is what sound is, sound exists where there is no matter to vibrate and therefore is a vibration beyond matter
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 10-04-2011, 04:09 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
all vibration makes sound, that is what sound is, sound exists where there is no matter to vibrate and therefore is a vibration beyond matter

Ah, ok. That's a bit broader definition than I use for sound. Your definition would imply that light would have a sound associated with it's vibration then?
Old 10-04-2011, 04:11 PM
If you listen carefully when there is a light on there is a sound also.
This becomes more apparent when you use a dimmer switch -you
become aware of it much better.
Also, I would say from internal, meditative experience, by His Grace - they
are one and the same.

Of course, this reminds me of the old saying about sound....if a man speaks in the forest and there
is not a woman there to hear him
is he still wrong?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 10-04-2011, 04:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Ah, ok. That's a bit broader definition than I use for sound. Your definition would imply that light would have a sound associated with it's vibration then?
yes it does...
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 10-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Ascender
Does sound have a longer wavelenght vibration then light, it would seem that a vibration has to pass through the lower levels before it could ascend to a higher vibration. But if a vibration could start at any wavelenght as its original level, then light could be first as it would not need to ascend through the sound vibrations.

The concept of speed and time may be a factor also. If a spirit is traveling at the speed of light, would that be sufficient to create a sound?
Old 10-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Ascender
Quote:
yes it does...

OK, not exactly my definition from my physics degree. But it if that's what works for you. Cool. That's such a very expansive definition of sound though, it makes it hard to differentiate between light, sound, vibrations, etc.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
Does sound have a longer wavelenght vibration then light, it would seem that a vibration has to pass through the lower levels before it could ascend to a higher vibration. But if a vibration could start at any wavelenght as its original level, then light could be first as it would not need to ascend through the sound vibrations.

The concept of speed and time may be a factor also. If a spirit is traveling at the speed of light, would that be sufficient to create a sound?
again you are attributing the laws of physics to sound and light, but when they are above the physical plane the laws of physics mean nothing, if both light and sound start at the absolute highest vibration, then how can you say they need to pas through the lower vibrations to reach the higher ones?those laws do not at all apply, and this is the point im trying to make...
Rumi
Old 10-04-2011, 05:03 PM
Master
Quote:
OK, not exactly my definition from my physics degree. But it if that's what works for you. Cool. That's such a very expansive definition of sound though, it makes it hard to differentiate between light, sound, vibrations, etc.
no it isnt lol...first of all that is my point, both light and sound originate from a place that the laws of physics have no relation with or meaning to, they simply do not apply....and the two are pretty easy to tell the difference between, one is seen, the other heard, and these two senses have nothing at all to do with the physical body or senses, free yourself from their limiting point of view...
Rumi
Old 10-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Ascender
Quote:
again you are attributing the laws of physics to sound and light, but when they are above the physical plane the laws of physics mean nothing,

what laws do you think we should consider?

is it not easy to say the law of God can do anything, and such and such can happen in a different plane of reality, yes that is a simple way out. for me there is no deep thought process in saying lets just play on a different reality plane and not have to work at trying to understand how God uses the natural world over, and over, and over, again to teach us things. it is our basic human nature to learn, that is what humans do best, and we learn best by thinking with nature.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Ascender
Quote:
no it isnt lol...first of all that is my point, both light and sound originate from a place that the laws of physics have no relation with or meaning to, they simply do not apply....and the two are pretty easy to tell the difference between, one is seen, the other heard, and these two senses have nothing at all to do with the physical body or senses, free yourself from their limiting point of view...

I getcha. Sounds good to me