Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 23-05-2018, 11:20 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
could it be that there is no edge?
perhaps objects are teleported to the opposite extreme when they reach
what might have been an edge.
could it be that "the edge" is everywhere? [hiding in plain sight]
perhaps teleportation occurs whenever we imagine that objects are
in motion.

No offense but that makes even less sense than the supposed ice wall or secret military police shooting people that get close to this edge. It is a fact that the Earth is a spherical planet and my intuition knows this and so does yours.
Old 23-05-2018, 01:33 PM
Master
It doesn't matter that your friend has an ''education'' and a ''technical'' background. Valuing science means constant practice and/or sharpening of one's mental capacities. Many people these days think they are part of a 'bright' group because they 'have an education'.. and then go on believing in crackpot conspiracies or refuse to acknowledge 98% of scientists, that work in specific fields, are wrong. Or they go on talking about scientific theories being ''just a theory''.. , totally ignoring the actual meaning of a theory.. The earth revolves around the sun is also 'just' a theory. So tell your friend the basics of science and let him remember. Forsaking his education and letting it water down is not a sign of brightness. It's probably laziness because scientific thinking is not an active part of most jobs.
Old 23-05-2018, 02:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
It doesn't matter that your friend has an ''education'' and a ''technical'' background. Valuing science means constant practice and/or sharpening of one's mental capacities. Many people these days think they are part of a 'bright' group because they 'have an education'.. and then go on believing in crackpot conspiracies or refuse to acknowledge 98% of scientists, that work in specific fields, are wrong. Or they go on talking about scientific theories being ''just a theory''.. , totally ignoring the actual meaning of a theory.. The earth revolves around the sun is also 'just' a theory. So tell your friend the basics of science and let him remember. Forsaking his education and letting it water down is not a sign of brightness. It's probably laziness because scientific thinking is not an active part of most jobs.
I was surprised when I watched the video about Christian scientists explaining their creationist view at how coherent it seemed, but they do have one critical scientific flaw: undue bias of making evidence fit a forgone conclusion of the Biblical account. However, their own model of natural selection was more plausible to me than the Darwinian view, as I imagine life would originate, given optimum conditions, in a non-linear fashion - rather than stemming from a single isolated cell as per Darwinism. That's speculative, of course (and has nothing to do with flat Earth which there is no credible evidence for).
Old 23-05-2018, 02:24 PM
Master
Talking ''Spiritual'' groups/logic can't even decide on what is real...

I am not a materialist/atheist, I wouldn't be here anyway if I was.. but I strongly support the view that science is necessarily atheistic in practice. It is simply parsimony, a core principle of science. We cannot assume the existence of deities or angels or spiritual energies if we do science. I personally believe there is an interplay, and that spiritual phenomena simply aren't observable with what we have available, but that does not bother me in the slightest. Spirituality is a private affair.. it is not meant to be a religion. Religions seek to dominate society and penetrate every part of society.

So I am all for secularism and science not going spiritual. And the way I see it, based on what I experienced and read.. is that the so called ''astral'' realm or realm beyond this existence is A total mess anyway.. everyone experiencing different things that totally contradict one another.. everyone seeing and experiencing things based on their own cultural and religious baggage..

Short story: Lets not go there with science. It will be pointless pursuit. I even believe it is a pointless pursuit from a spiritual point of view. I strongly believe we do best to avoid all these so called ''spiritual'' things of astral realms, angels, guides showing us this or that 10 star Hotel. It's all still Illusion..! We should go beyond that.. and if an individual who practices spirituality is already struggling with that, think about what science.. using observation measures of this world.. would do..
Old 23-05-2018, 09:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenriggs
It really is unfair how badly people like me are treated. It's totally normal in here to say you talk to other entities, are channeling beings, etc. But if you believe the earth is flat, you are crazy!

The reason for that is that those things you mention....channeling, entities...etc....are outside the realm of what science can currently explain....in other words they are in the realm of the world of the spiritual.....something that science does not deal with.

On the other hand.... the simple question of a flat or round earth is well established scientific fact......that suckers round!!!!

Hence the attitude your seeing....that the flat earthers are around the bend bug house nutz!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 23-05-2018, 10:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by monar
My friend who has higher education and technical background has become obsessed with Flat Earth theory and cannot talk about anything else. This most likely is a result of some recent disclosures that convinced him if TPTB lied about certain things, they hide the truth about the flat Earth too. He now considers all cosmic theories, NASA, Moon landing, videos and photos of the round Earth to be fake, CGI, photoshop, etc.

I've checked the internet and found out lots of flat-earth believers. It's not easy to prove them Earth is round as they trust only their eyes and the airliners usually fly below 40,000 ft where the curvature is not evident.

I told my friend it is a psyop created by TPTB to distract people from liberation.
I asked him why TPTB need to spend quadrillions just to hide the "flat-earth-truth" if most people don't care.
I even sent him several video illusions to prove we cannot trust our eyes :)

Any other ideas?

Assuming that Flat Earth is a reality, what is the significance of the Flat Earth that requires it to be hidden from the world? How will it's revealing and confirmation revolutionize and affect the world? Why did some secret nefarious powerful overlords decide to exert so much power and control just to make the world think it is round for centuries? Perhaps I may be a simple naive bumpkin, but this doesn't quite make sense. What does your friend say?

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 25-05-2018, 09:29 PM
Guide
"Why is the earth round?"
"Because it is the most energy efficient shape."

"Why is the earth flat?"
"Because it is."

"Why does 2+2=4?"
"Because Barney the dinosaur said so."
Old 31-05-2018, 10:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
No offense but that makes even less sense than the supposed ice wall or secret military police shooting people that get close to this edge. It is a fact that the Earth is a spherical planet and my intuition knows this and so does yours.
i believe it unfair of you to proclaim what is known to another (in this instance, myself).
you rob me of the opportunity to express my thoughts, and yourself of the potential to
see something in a new way. lose/lose.

"Bashar describes the universe from a new perspective and introduces the concept of reality as an infinitude of still frames passing through our consciousness at a rate of billions per second."
Bashar :: Shifting through infinity - Highlights
https://vimeo.com/203925041
Old 01-06-2018, 06:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
i believe it unfair of you to proclaim what is known to another (in this instance, myself).
you rob me of the opportunity to express my thoughts, and yourself of the potential to
see something in a new way. lose/lose.

"Bashar describes the universe from a new perspective and introduces the concept of reality as an infinitude of still frames passing through our consciousness at a rate of billions per second."
Bashar :: Shifting through infinity - Highlights
https://vimeo.com/203925041
(That's not really a Bashar concept per se, but a concept from the old vedantas I believe... and retold in Buddhism).

However, that the world is round is true because if you get in a plane and fly East (or indeed in any straight line), you end up where you started. A flat erath theory would have a hard time explaining that in terms flying round in circles. I would still like to know however, according to FET, where is the exact cente of the world?
Old 01-06-2018, 08:46 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
(That's not really a Bashar concept per se, but a concept from the old vedantas I believe... and retold in Buddhism). However, that the world is round is true because if you get in a plane and fly East (or indeed in any straight line), you end up where you started. A flat erath theory would have a hard time explaining that in terms flying round in circles. I would still like to know however, according to FET, where is the exact cente of the world?
Actually, from what little I read on their theories, they can find ways to explain everything and anything, as is often with the game of imagination. Anything you can come up with in terms of scientific research, they can counter it, with the use of imagination. What is amazing is, most of their proposed solutions to how flat earth works, are even harder to imagine and even more nonsensical, but that does not seem to bother them one bit, as long as it works to keep the pieces together. So from their side, no planes never really circle the globe, there is no globe, what happens is, when plane comes close to the wall, their gps points them away from the wall to the destination they are headed to. To everyone it seems they were flaying straight, because for some reason trained pilots don't notice the plane turning, or just don't care because it is a conspiracy after all, maybe they are on it. The sad part is, if the Earth is flat, why then even fly to the walls, and make turn and prolong the flight by 3x possibly. Only to explain, something that works with no problem on the globe and to keep the illusion I suppose. You see how farfetched that is? What is even more hilarious is flat earth people saying, that there is a time for change and open mindedness, but they seem to forget, that back in time, they were the same people that burned open minded people for saying earth is round. Been there, done that. Lets rather move to the earth is hollow now =P it's a lot more interesting theory
in my opinion.