Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 05-04-2017, 06:01 PM
Newbie ;)

Stuck between real world and spiritual world

Hi, i'm new to this board.
My problem is the following:
My whole life i've been walking on a spiritual path, it always came natural to me and i made lots of progress, i even would consider myself as enlightend if there even is such thing. But i might as well be wrong about it.
Anyways, my problem now is that this life or better said this whole world doesn't appeal to me in any way no more. I've lost interest in all my hobbies and interests. The spell of love and lust and all physical things is completely gone. I have no more "mission" here and just want to get out of here.
Since suicide is not an option (even though i thought about it) i've been trying to get out of life by meditation. I can easily reach a state of total selflessness, but right when i'm about to dissolve the very last parts of my Ego, i get a sort of muscle contraction throughout my whole body and head and i snap right back into this life, it happens EVERY time i'm getting close to this point. It's like a mechanism that keeps me from exiting this life experience....
Now i wouldn't mind staying in this world if there was anything that attracts me. The one thing i still might like to do in this life is a relationship with my twin flame or whatever you wanna call it. Or just a normal relationship, but i can't find the right partner. No one seems to fit and everyone is just too much into 3D things about relationships. Like the looks or what someone does for a living or how thick his wallet is. It's like no one even knows what true love is all about...
So what am i supposed to do? I can't meditate any further. I's like i'm right at the exit door knocking but no one opens up. And there is also no turning back to real life. I can't just undo what a lifetime of spiritual seeking turned me into. I wanna meet my twin flame so bad but i have a feeling he/she doesn't even exist in this world. Any suggestions?
Old 05-04-2017, 06:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Twin flames aren't real, it's just pathetic nonsense straight out of a Disney movie or fairytale. Whatever you do, I highly suggest not to dig into the whole TF/SM thing like so many people here and end up wasting your time by creating countless threads about failed TF relationships and causing yourself unnecessary suffering.

As for normal relationships, that's pretty much impossible nowadays for people who truly crave for it. Not to take all your hopes away or anything, but that's just my personal experience. I don't believe in such a thing as true love neither, most of the time it's all about looks and money.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:37 PM
Deactivated Account

Since you're spiritual, you should talk to your spirit guides about this and receive clarification of what you're supposed to be doing here. It sounds like you're existing far from that spiritual guidance, far from your intuition. If you don't know what your mission is, it's possible that it changed and you need to readjust, and it's time to do a lot of soul-searching and communicate to your higher self/spirit guides or whatever it is that you believe in.

It's obvious that you're not supposed to leave here. You do have a mission here, you just don't see it.
It sounds like you may be struggling with depression and suicidal thoughts, so I also recommend reconnecting with your spirituality and also finding a good therapist that is open to talking about spiritual related things or at least doing self work and asking yourself why you feel the way you do.

It might be easier said than done, but it's obvious that one goal that you need to learn is to ground yourself.
Once we become spiritual, it's important for us to stay grounded or else we go insane. To be enlightened, we must be spiritual and also grounded to truly feel bliss and enjoyment of life.

Enlightenment isn't depressing. It sounds like you've become so ungrounded that you've become disconnected from mind, body and spirit.
So I also suggest learning grounding techniques, and look into Buddhist meditation instead of the meditations you're doing, because Buddhist meditation will teach you how to live in the moment and enjoy what is around you.

The pursuit of happiness (in money and relationships and anything outside of yourself) is also a sign that we are miserable, and haven't realized that happiness comes from within. That misery is usually a product of "the empty void within ourselves" and that empty void is just disconnection from Source. So as spiritual as you say you are, it's possible that you are lacking in faith and perhaps you need to reignite your faith and reconnect to your spirituality so you aren't feeling so empty, with this need to search for something else.

I'm sure you know... it's not right to run away from your problems (you are trying to run away from your body and everything on earth, which is probably the biggest example of that). Face your shadows and what is bothering you. It takes courage and lots of self-work.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:21 PM
Knower

This is exactly what i am facing i.e. loosing interest in material life and also practical work but mine is due to consistent astral projection and i feel absolutely no idea to what to do in my life due to ast projection but i am getting a voice of soul every now and then about soul nature but it is not clear to me about what to do in my life. please some one who is experienced in astral projection help me to come out of this stuck nature
Old 05-04-2017, 08:35 PM
Master

Might I suggest the book The Instruction by Ainslie McLeod. He explains the age of the soul and how to figure out the age of your soul. It explained a lot to me. It's why I don't fit in to society as a whole. Why material things don't mean anything to me. And why sheeple are, well, sheeple. I used to get angry with them, now I understand they are doing exactly what they came here to do: immerse themselves in Life. Period.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:51 PM
Experiencer
Getting to a point, where you start to separate material and spiritual life, means that you let yourself be toppled into an extreme, that is not meant for you. I am pretty sure this is a shocker for you, but what you are doing is not what you were supposed to be doing. It may be hard to realise that, and I have done the same mistake, only to realise it years later, and still in a way feeling the consequences of it. When you start opening up to all new knowledge and information about the reality of universe and human experience it may be all to easy to let go of everything else that makes up this world, because lets face it, its mostly hurdles and obstacles, and get carried away into wishing you could leave it all behind and return to source.

Well, here is a really simple tool and checker for you, if your mission here is done.

Are you still living here?
If yes, then your mission is not done.
It really is simple as that.

The truth of the matter is ,that you are part of this world, as material and dense it may be, and your mission does not simply end with discovering, that there is more than that. What almost all of us are supposed to achieve is a synthesis of spiritual and material. You are a light here, to shine your way. Since you took coming here on your own volition, leaving is never an option you really want. The problem with suicide is exactly that. It sends out a call through all the universe, that you are not responsible for yourself. If you decide to take a responsibility and later discard it, not realising it was your own choice to take it, you are saying, that you do not take responsibility for yourself. That leaves the whole universe open, to do what it wants to you. Any being could do, whatever if pleases with you, since you do not really care. You need to make sure, that you are part of this world, whether you like it or not. There are still options for you to go away from material as far as possible, but still be part of this world by all its rules. Go in a monastery, whether it be Buddhist, Christian or any other religion. There you will be able to live the reality not focused on material, but still living by the rules of this world. It is about decisions. You have to make them, in order to acknowledge your presence here, and acknowledge your sovereignty as a spiritual/material being.
Staying at the place you are, where you struggle with everyday material world, wishing to leave it all behind, but not accepting a decision to do something about it an material level, just puts you at a place where you are not talking responsibility. There is no easy way out of this. Spirituality as an escape, is the most problematic of them all.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:21 PM
Master

I am going to be blunt. Two things. You don't sound like a guy who have lived a spiritual life. You sound like a person who have lived a life in pursuit of his spirit. Second you don't sound like a person who meditate. You sound like a person who sits and focuses on why you want to leave your spirit.
Old 05-04-2017, 09:49 PM
Pathfinder

Zhu, it sounds like you think that you are someone trying to get somewhere - and that is showing up in your meditation. Your meditation will not go past this belief until it is undone, seen through or past.

Being in the world is not a problem once it is realised that ego, I, me, myself, is a thought-to-be being in a thought-to-be world. It is a (personal) belief in the ego thought-system. This sense-mind/consciousness that you believe you are in is a form of consciousness that appears as I and other. You are not actually in a physical sense world but are appearing as an egoic character in egoic consciousness. This is not you, it is a characterisation of you.

Once you view the egoic thought-system or egoic mind/consciousness for what it is, it does not matter that you still appear as you always used to as you now know that that is not you. You are now looking from and as another dimension, a higher consciousness.

With best wishes,
Old 06-04-2017, 01:18 AM
Newbie ;)

Twin flames aren't real, it's just pathetic nonsense straight out of a Disney movie or fairytale. Whatever you do, I highly suggest not to dig into the whole TF/SM thing like so many people here and end up wasting your time by creating countless threads about failed TF relationships and causing yourself unnecessary suffering.

Well i don't know if they are real. But the chances to find my twin flame seem much higher than getting involved in a relationship with a non TF. That never worked for me.

I'm sure you know... it's not right to run away from your problems (you are trying to run away from your body and everything on earth, which is probably the biggest example of that). Face your shadows and what is bothering you. It takes courage and lots of self-work.

I encountered lots of shadows in my life and i can say i transformed all of them into love and light. I'm really a better person than before and am really glad for this process i've been through. But today I find myself without shadows but also without light. There is just an emptyness, neither good or bad.

This is exactly what i am facing i.e. loosing interest in material life and also practical work but mine is due to consistent astral projection and i feel absolutely no idea to what to do in my life due to ast projection but i am getting a voice of soul every now and then about soul nature but it is not clear to me about what to do in my life. please some one who is experienced in astral projection help me to come out of this stuck nature

I'm not experienced in astral projection, but i think you're on the right path if you loose interest in material stuff. You just have a different view on life and your existence. It's just normal to not identify with body and materialism anymore.

Might I suggest the book The Instruction by Ainslie McLeod. He explains the age of the soul and how to figure out the age of your soul.

Even though this sounds interesting, i learned that the best teacher in life can only be yourself and your own experience. Not what others say. I know it's useless to ask for answers on board like this than, but i just wanted to hear peoples opinions on that.

Go in a monastery, whether it be Buddhist, Christian or any other religion. There you will be able to live the reality not focused on material, but still living by the rules of this world. It is about decisions. You have to make them, in order to acknowledge your presence here, and acknowledge your sovereignty as a spiritual/material being.

I've been thinking about living alone in the woods or maybe go to India. A place where i can enjoy natures beauty. But much more i'd like to go to a spiritual realm, i just want answers and to see the "bigger picture". I know there must be a realm like this somewhere.

I am going to be blunt. Two things. You don't sound like a guy who have lived a spiritual life. You sound like a person who have lived a life in pursuit of his spirit. Second you don't sound like a person who meditate. You sound like a person who sits and focuses on why you want to leave your spirit.

At the end spirit matters just as much as the ego and materialism - it's meaningless. You sound like someone who identifies with spirit, which is not the highest truth one can reach.

Once you view the egoic thought-system or egoic mind/consciousness for what it is, it does not matter that you still appear as you always used to as you now know that that is not you. You are now looking from and as another dimension, a higher consciousness

I know. They say after reaching Nirvana you still do the same stuff u used to do. But you view on all things changes. I know now that everything i am and do is truly not who i really am. And that what makes this life after enlightenment so annoying, you got a glimpse of what lies behind the curtain, but you can't go there without dying.
Old 06-04-2017, 10:03 AM
Master
I once had this problem of loosing interest in the material world and wanting to exit at all cost. Somebody suggested a grounding meditation and I did that and asked that I be grounded and slowly but surely I started to feel my interest coming back and I no longer wanted to die. I believe I am still alive because my soul want to experience life and so I must live my life fruitfully.