Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 07-03-2019, 02:34 AM
Guide

Big Black Feather

I normally don't look into seeing feathers very often as a sign of anything. I see feathers regularly because I walk a lot. Usually pigeon feathers or white feathers around my city.

Anyways, the past two weeks have been hectic for me. I have been very busy and in a really bad mood. I have been a bit stressed and seem to be attracting some attitude from other people. I have also given some attitude out too.

Today I had to help with something at my work. Everything went fine but I just felt really low afterwards. I walked out to the parking lot to leave and there was a huge black feather lying right in front of the door to my car. Where I live it was -15, had snowed the evening before and the feather looked quite out of place the way it was positioned.

I took a picture of the feather, thought about it for a bit, and continued on my way. I went to the place where I volunteer on Wednesdays. Everything was fine until the end of my volunteer shift. I decided to stay late and help unload groceries and one of the employees came in and was very rude to me. She asked me a few questions which I was unable to answer and she scolded me for things that were out of my control. I was really upset I almost started crying. I actually teared up a little bit while mopping the floor. I thought, I volunteer here to feel good and to help others in need. I even stayed late today to help out. I was quite upset. (I volunteer at a sort of non-profit food bank).

I have been reading about black feathers this evening but there are a few meanings out there on the web. One meaning suggested that black feathers could serve as a warning. I also read it could mean that your angels are with you helping protect you from negativity.

Anyone have any other interpretations or personal experiences with black feathers?
Old 20-04-2019, 11:33 PM
Newbie ;)

thanks for sharing this. i too attach significance to feathers, but as I am surrounded by wild birds at home, it is only the ones that seem different or out of place that represent signs from spirit.

so in your case a black feather is clearly out of the ordinary, hence a sign. colours can definitely represent particular messages or intentions, such as protection... i believe the true meaning is the one that resonates most strongly with you.

i will also try to find out the type of bird the feather came from and see if there are clues there as to the feather's meaning, using the traits of the bird as a guide.
Old 23-04-2019, 08:43 PM
Guide

In early April I was walking home and stopped in my tracks at the sight of another big black feather. I thought to myself "oh great." Then once I got home I decided that it was just a coincidence and ignored it. Then that evening went terribly and I had some family conflict. Still haven't resolved things.

So now I am taking big black feathers more seriously!