Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 14-03-2012, 12:21 PM
rubyred79

Quote:
Originally Posted by res
Hi clarissa13,
Most people seem to think that motivation preceeds the action but i believe it the other way round. If you act then your motivation can be to keep acting. Sometimes just counting the days since you broke the habit is enough motivation to carry on with it.

Take a step......You can do it

I really like this statement, well said
I also have ups & down day spiritually & physically. I practice Reiki too and find I put far too much pressure on myself to do more practice/ self healing, more meditation etc etc which in turn stresses me out. Its ironic as the alternative therapies are about relaxing. I try and remind myself that i'm only human and with responsibilties like house, kids jobs & husband etc i'm doing just fine. I try to aim small like 5-10 mins at a time of reiki meditation and if i get more great but dont beat myself up if i dont. remember the 5 principle of reiki and enjoy life.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:31 AM
man_of_all_time

I have found that doing Reiki self treatments while laying in bed before sleep is the best time to do them. Reiki helps you relax, so I get to sleep sooner and feel well rested when I wake up. If I fall asleep while doing self treatments, its no big deal. My minor aches and pains go away and I feel more energized from doing the self treatments.
Old 03-05-2012, 10:06 AM
clarissa13

I also find night time reiki very comforting and rarely get all the way through before asleep!