Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 13-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
What do you think is a fair hourly rate, considering that any good training needs at least the same time in preparation? How much does an electrician or a carpenter charge in your area?

Then there are the expenses for venue hire, catering, manuals, promotion, etc.
Over and above this add 30 to 40% for sick time, leave, continuing education, retirement, etc. or do you think that a Reiki teachers is not deserving of these things?

Like I said if you read the sentence you quoted, I'm okay with the cost covering the instructor's time and expenses. So what you said are the costs of running a business or a workshop. I don't have a problem with that so long as it's reasonable and the instructor is upfront about what the fee covers.

When they insinuate that their energy is superior to that of other instructors and they are charging fees for the energy -- then they are charlatans IMO and my recommendation is to avoid them. My teacher's energy is of the highest quality (precisely because he has no selfishness) and he charges nothing. In the end it's up to the consumer and you know the joke "There's a seeker born a minute," - easy prey for greedy so-called "lightworkers". People have a tendency to not value things that are for free, and to honour that which comes with a high price tag.

If you are an instructor charging exorbitant fees - by all means be a business person first - charge whatever the market will bear.....but don't expect to evolve spiritually by doing that.
Old 13-11-2011, 10:48 PM
pre-dawn

Just covering expenses is going backwards and unsustainable, a fair profit must be built into it. Where else are the resources for research and further development going to come from?
People who do not have their own business just don't know what goes into it, and until they have run one they should keep quiet. Using emotional language such as exorbitant fees, what the market will bear, and no spiritual evolvement, should not be part of such a conversation but shows the lack of good arguments.
How about doing a theoretical costing of a Reiki workshop and then let's see with what price we come up? You may set the workshop parameters.
Old 13-11-2011, 11:06 PM
Master
sounds like you need some reiki yourself Pre-Dawn....deep breath...count to ten...

Last edited by Uma : 14-11-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 14-11-2011, 12:13 PM
pre-dawn

Nice, when a real and possible challenge is issued you resort to cheap shots?
Old 14-11-2011, 05:28 PM
vulkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Like I said if you read the sentence you quoted, I'm okay with the cost covering the instructor's time and expenses. So what you said are the costs of running a business or a workshop. I don't have a problem with that so long as it's reasonable and the instructor is upfront about what the fee covers.

When they insinuate that their energy is superior to that of other instructors and they are charging fees for the energy -- then they are charlatans IMO and my recommendation is to avoid them. My teacher's energy is of the highest quality (precisely because he has no selfishness) and he charges nothing. In the end it's up to the consumer and you know the joke "There's a seeker born a minute," - easy prey for greedy so-called "lightworkers". People have a tendency to not value things that are for free, and to honour that which comes with a high price tag.

If you are an instructor charging exorbitant fees - by all means be a business person first - charge whatever the market will bear.....but don't expect to evolve spiritually by doing that.
I agree with your post Uma, I have studied and pracitced Reiki for 20+ years. I have never onced charged a fee for anything I do, not because I can't, but because I choose not to.
Generally though I accept payment in kind. That could be anything from a cup of tea to a piece of cake. The person must expend some effort in producing that tea or cake.

While there is nothing wrong with charging a fee, that fee in my opinion should not be to much. However if you wish to charge a high fee, then balance that out by offering free healing to the infirm.
Old 15-11-2011, 03:00 AM
Master
Quote:
However if you wish to charge a high fee, then balance that out by offering free healing to the infirm.

Yes - that's a variation of the "sliding scale" approach. Nice idea Vulkus. I like how you think.