Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 29-11-2014, 05:43 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracey
agree with ya.....acceptance is key to being free.
Yes, knowing yourself, accepting yourself and letting go of others perceptions of yourself is liberating.
Old 29-11-2014, 05:54 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucyan28
Hello Maguru, why would you like to change the mentality of humanity?

I think you are projecting the same pattern like religions, they try to convert all humanity to their own beliefs, because they think they are the only ones with the truth and righteousness.

Every human has the right to believe in what they want to believe, we don't need a new prophet to tell us how to live our life

I would recommend you to enjoy life, try to love yourself just the way you are. (but again you don't have to do it if you don't want to this is so cool, isn't it? )

I'll thell you a secret, every human is perfect already

Peace and cookies !
I was trying to understand where your perceptions of my posts were coming from and I can't. I have made no such suggestions.

You cannot see in another that which is not within yourself. This is one spiritual belief that works and I'm happy to be your reflection as long as you claim it as yourself.
Old 29-11-2014, 06:07 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello,

To me, however one desires, feels drawn towards, or pursues does not release one from being human. For after all isn't that what we are while being here?

I can relate and understand the confusion that occurs with all that is placed under the umbrella of "Spiritual".

Brings back to me, take what is yours and leave the rest to others. This for me does take time and refocusing myself.

To me, we are mind, body, and spirit and this includes our human aspects as well as those aspects which may be viewed or felt as spiritual.

To embrace the human aspect is to embrace what we are being at the moment, which includes the spirit, IMO.
I am aware of mind, body and emotions but how do you know we have a spirit?
Old 29-11-2014, 11:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maguru
I am aware of mind, body and emotions but how do you know we have a spirit?

Hello Maguru,

Since you asked will answer the way I see it.

Spirit or energy is that which gives life to being. If you ever experienced a death of a loved one or a pet even, have you noticed when they pass how the body transforms from one of color and light to one of being just a shell.

Not being unfeeling here or dismissing the passing away of a loved one. It is for me having seen this indicates to me that there is more to this physical being and existence then just the mind and body.

I have had visitation in dreams of loved ones. More then just reflected memories. Given me messages of them being all right. Can feel the energies in nature and when a tree falls it goes back to what gave rise to it (the Earth), but what gave it life seems to blend back into the all (if you will).

I don't expect or insist anyone agrees or disagrees with this. It is what is experienced and gives me a sense that we are not just body and mind, but also something else. I call it spirit, some may call it energy, some may not call it anything, but it is there and of this being, this Human Being we are. It is of all Life as I feel it, live it, and be at this moment.

Now what one may make of it, seems another story and as one feels it to be, IMO.

Thank you for the question, it gives me pause to reflect.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:19 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
Hello Maguru,

Since you asked will answer the way I see it.

Spirit or energy is that which gives life to being. If you ever experienced a death of a loved one or a pet even, have you noticed when they pass how the body transforms from one of color and light to one of being just a shell.

Not being unfeeling here or dismissing the passing away of a loved one. It is for me having seen this indicates to me that there is more to this physical being and existence then just the mind and body.

I have had visitation in dreams of loved ones. More then just reflected memories. Given me messages of them being all right. Can feel the energies in nature and when a tree falls it goes back to what gave rise to it (the Earth), but what gave it life seems to blend back into the all (if you will).

I don't expect or insist anyone agrees or disagrees with this. It is what is experienced and gives me a sense that we are not just body and mind, but also something else. I call it spirit, some may call it energy, some may not call it anything, but it is there and of this being, this Human Being we are. It is of all Life as I feel it, live it, and be at this moment.

Now what one may make of it, seems another story and as one feels it to be, IMO.

Thank you for the question, it gives me pause to reflect.
I can understand your reasoning and it seems it is more about spirit after death than when alive. Of course I have a different definition which is the human spirit i.e. sometimes we are in high spirit and sometimes low. To me it's the general, overall feeling of who we are.
I do find because we hold personal, individual defintions of spiritual terms, communication is difficult.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:29 PM
Newbie ;)
Master
Book1 Show Your Spirit

Saw bilboard yesterday on hwy, "show your school spirit" and to me, that, their spiritual intention is essentially, that, do something, show some action of one sort or another.

action = physical/energy = dynamic/in-motion = get-er-done = etc....

Spirit and soul may have more definitions in dictionaries than any other words.

Human = most complex biological/soul.
..woman{ Xx } being slightly more complex than man{ Xy }......

)|( ( *|* ) )|(

> > > > linear-arrow-of-time > > > >

< < < past OUT < )|( < IN future < < <---flow-of-time reality or illusion thereof

> > > > linear-arrow-of-time > > > >
--------------------------------------------------------------

0} metaphysical-1 = mind/intelligence concepts/ideas
....aka spirit-1 spirit-of-intent.......

---^above--^-- the line-of-demarcation----v-below-v----

1} non-occupied space

2} occupied space = fermions, bosons and gravity( boson ) and any combination thereof
.....aka spirit-2 and spirit-3................
----------------------------------------------------------------------

* = simple awareness

** = more complex awareness

(( * * )) = more complex awareness

)| ( ( * | * ) ) |( = most complex awareness

r6

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman