Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 26-01-2011, 12:49 AM
nalan

Perry J,
Forgive me again, but what site are you directing me to?
Old 26-01-2011, 03:11 AM
Read more here:
http://www.askrealjesus.com/askrealj...hreincarn.html

Men, must we always find everything - your keys, your socks....

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 26-01-2011, 03:19 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Read more here:
http://www.askrealjesus.com/askrealjesus/jesusanswers/byjesus/Teachreincarn.html

Men, must we always find everything - your keys, your socks....
um...no?? lol
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 30-01-2011, 04:53 PM
Experiencer

The concept of reincarnation of course is a threat to materialistic science, too, who claim that you ARE your body. That the brain generates everything...
Old 30-01-2011, 05:40 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry J
The concept of reincarnation of course is a threat to materialistic science, too, who claim that you ARE your body. That the brain generates everything...
And materialistic science is a threat to the *possible* illusion that you are eternal. The street runs both ways.
Old 30-01-2011, 06:10 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
And materialistic science is a threat to the *possible* illusion that you are eternal. The street runs both ways.

It's interesting that mainstream Christianity and materialistic science agree on that point - that there's no reincarnation.

But both systems deny the inner experience and enforce an outer authority. Neither of the systems care to prove anything, but use brute power.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Gauss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry J
It's interesting that mainstream Christianity and materialistic science agree on that point - that there's no reincarnation.

But both systems deny the inner experience and enforce an outer authority. Neither of the systems care to prove anything, but use brute power.

Is this a sign of the end times?

Is it not so that some people will feel that something is terribly wrong today with religions and science. They will seek a spiritual path and prove truth to themselves by practicing mind-body cultivation.

That is how it happened to me at least. I wish more people can find the courage to go out and seek truth.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animus27
Very true. Religion/spirituality preaches Absolutism. Many currents preach that the absolute truth can be known by humans.

Enlightened guru's, self-realized souls, liberated godman, lightworkers.. they are the authorities of today's spirituality.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gauss
Is this a sign of the end times?
Nope. Just as Jesus and Saint Paul didn't lived in the endtimes (although they claimed they did), nor did the people who witnessed world war two were living in the endtimes, nor those in the Middle Ages, or those living under colonial rule etc. etc. etc. Many people like to interpret old scripture and fit it in their own time, to make sense of the randomness and destructive forces in nature.
Old 02-02-2011, 04:26 AM
Celeste

I think this was all banned to keep it simple, and focused on the now. If reincarnation is accepted, then a lot of people would say, sin now, and repent later. Plus, the early Christians were of simple minds. They couldn't wrap their minds around it. (I'm into astrology, and I heard that the Pope had one of the biggest astrology libraries.) Then, organized religion can be controlling. (No offense to all the good, church-going Christians. Every organization has its flaws.)
Old 02-02-2011, 06:40 AM
Celeste

I think this was all banned to keep it simple, and focused on the now. If reincarnation is accepted, then a lot of people would say, sin now, and repent later. Plus, the early Christians were of simple minds. They couldn't wrap their minds around it. (I'm into astrology, and I heard that the Pope had one of the biggest astrology libraries.) Then, organized religion can be controlling. (No offense to all the good, church-going Christians. Every organization has its flaws.)