Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonfromnamek
I just am wondering does the act of suicide have an affect on the afterlife for someone. Life is a gift what does happen...

I can't say with absolute certainty but every fiber of my being believes if God is unconditional then suicide would be included in that. I don't think we are judged for the act except by ourselves and maybe the humans who were left behind. We may have to atone to those we left behind if we had an agreement and our leaving left them high and dry but I believe their spirit selves tend to be understanding of our difficulties. There is karma to be met but not in the sense of it being punishment. I read a book recently called Your Soul's Plan, and it spoke more about the things that happen in our life, big and small, are actually preplanned by us. We decide what will happen based on how we handled the previous existence and we actually plot out different scenarios based on the myriad of possible different responses we may have to life. So all sorts of outcomes are taken into consideration and if we plot out a life where suicide is a potential then I am sure that is taken into account as well though I am sure all measures are taken to try and give us the best opportunity for it not to happen it is likely expected in some instances.

This said, from my own personal experience, even though we aren't punished if we do leave we don't rid ourselves of our troubles. I have spent most of my life running away from a very profound depression that I can only describe as total blackness and a sorrow in my core so heavy and painful it was excruciating to not be able to implode on the spot. The problem is there is nothing, absolutely nothing in my life to warrant such feelings. By all accounts I have a beautiful life, with beautiful people in it and I have been a pretty nice person so had I taken my life I would have been one of those people that was judged pretty harshly. But I can't deny that I had the feelings. And quite frankly the only reason I didn't do it was because there was a part of me that knew death wasn't the answer. The feelings of wanting out were so bad as to go beyond wanting death. I sincerely did not want to exist. Pretty powerful feelings that I found myself unable to run away from and so I had no choice but to try and find the root cause of the feelings.

Thankfully during it all I gained a pretty good channel with my higherself and I first came to understand that I had intended to face what was happening. I then came to understand that at some point in one of my previous lives I did something I was so ashamed of I DECIDED I should not exist. So the depression and desire to cease to exist wasn't any sort of punishment it was simply based in the decision I had made that I wasn't worthy of life. I fully suspect that at the time I made the decision I also took my life so the issue was never resolved and I am now paying the price by reliving the feelings to finally put my past to rest. In the beginning it was really tough because the problem was I had no frame of reference anymore, no memory of what led me to my decision and so before I realized this was tied into a past life I really spent a lot of time sincerely longing to be gone. There were some very very low points where I almost gave up and during those moments I was informed that I would not be judged. They did not want me to give up but if I did it would not be held against me, I would still be loved but I would again have to come back and relive the feelings all over.

So giving up is not judged. We are loved unconditionally but giving up does not fix the problem. So if you know someone who has left of their own accord send them love and healing and forgiveness. If you or someone you know are contemplating suicide just do your best to try and encourage them to search for the root cause of the dark thoughts so that they can be healed and left where they belong. In the past. And whether or not there is a strong connection with the higherself I do encourage talking to them regardless because they will hear and they do dearly want to help a person overcome the thoughts feelings and beliefs that hold us back from love. The truth of the matter is we are loved simple because we exist. This life is an exercise in us finding our way back to that understanding. But it is a very harsh place sometimes and the truth gets lost. But we are not judged for being lost. We are just continually encouraged to find our way back.
Old 04-02-2014, 11:42 PM
sonfromnamek

thank you that has helped me understand greatly
Old 05-02-2014, 01:23 AM
Clarebear80

As above this is so true my female guide is a healer for newly passed spirits she councils them and helps them to deal with pain and reintegrate into the heaven society that is home. Once spirits understand that life is just a lesson and a journey they are better able to let go and healing is mostly about handling regrets from those they left behind. However they are not punished but shown great love and coaxing and they do find inner peace to enable them to enjoy heaven and await loved ones before one day returning to start a new life's lesson.
Old 05-02-2014, 01:37 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonfromnamek
I just am wondering does the act of suicide have an affect on the afterlife for someone. Life is a gift what does happen...

I believe exactly the same as what happens to other people however they die, I certainly don't believe suicides are punished or ostracised, that is the human way of thinking, not god's not the spirit's the spirit goes on as it would had the body died a natural death imo

Spiritual Inspiration

The forum for seekers everywhere...
Old 07-02-2014, 04:25 AM
Newbie ;)

I believe we will not be punished in any way once crossed over. But if someone were to take their own life, they will learn many lessons on the other side why that was the wrong decision. Hopefully in their next lives on Earth they will learn that life is a gift.
I also believe though that every soul has a certain time that it is meant to leave this world and committing suicide is choosing that time for yourself. Which is not what is when to happen

great question great discussion
Old 07-02-2014, 04:32 AM
Seeker
No judgement whatever the circumstances are..people who commit suicide will still in a better place like others, maybe in some time in a place called healing. They will learn, and goes back to earth to learn the lesson again until they will be able to overcome it. Maybe they will regret of the things that they did, and cannot rewind it, but for sure they will have a better understanding.Gobless!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:30 AM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

what happens after suicide..?..

Well,if you succeeded - then your dead,and so,nothing HERE really matters at all,does it..?..No longer present here,so no mortal concerns at all..Unless of course,you fail at the atempt - then you will be judged by man,condemned as weak or broken somehow,pitied maybe - or worse - locked away as insane and mentally unstable..

Spiritual judgement..?..Who is to judge you..?..WHICH "god" - for there are innumerable interpretations arent there..?..If you think god s a MAN with man like egoic concerns - then you are sadly deluded,and any fears here must be purely mortal..

I guess then suicide judgement comes down to which VERSION of god and an afterlife you "buy into"..Let me tell you from direct experiences - there is only one existance,one continual journey - what you thnk of as "spiritual" now is entirely NOT what you will experience after the event..Wishful thinking,sums it up nicely..
Old 07-02-2014, 11:16 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC-UK
Hi Folks..

what happens after suicide..?..

Well,if you succeeded - then your dead,and so,nothing HERE really matters at all,does it..?..No longer present here,so no mortal concerns at all..Unless of course,you fail at the atempt - then you will be judged by man,condemned as weak or broken somehow,pitied maybe - or worse - locked away as insane and mentally unstable..

Spiritual judgement..?..Who is to judge you..?..WHICH "god" - for there are innumerable interpretations arent there..?..If you think god s a MAN with man like egoic concerns - then you are sadly deluded,and any fears here must be purely mortal..

I guess then suicide judgement comes down to which VERSION of god and an afterlife you "buy into"..Let me tell you from direct experiences - there is only one existance,one continual journey - what you thnk of as "spiritual" now is entirely NOT what you will experience after the event..Wishful thinking,sums it up nicely..
You are right at many points but wrong at some too. Spiritual judgement is very real. Suicide, is like you give up on your journey, you must face consequences. God, there is only one version of him, only your brain wich is limited cannot comprehend the complexity on how he can exist and works, so you create your own template of him. There is no wrong or right image of God, because in the end subconciously you know he exists and what he is like. When you do suicide, you will either walk aimlessly in the earthly plane, between two worlds, because you didnt untie the knots naturally or if you did untie them, than you will go to otherworld and well, you will have to face your actions. But there is difference between ritual suicide and suicide. For instance harakiri, ritual suicide of samurai was an act of redeeming bad karma. It was well sort of sacrifice, you traded your life for karma debt. But classic suicide, is just a easy way out...but there is no easy way out. When you die, you are as always, after death, judged in the heavenly court. You will go to hell as everyone, either into simple purgatory, where you will just have to wait, until you are ready to enter heaven, have time to think about your bad actions or go into the lowest parts of hell for long time of torment and suffering, so you can understand what you did wrong and feel it, repay it. Than you go to heaven, where your soul will relax and get ready for another journey called life. But if you did suicide, you will have to go trough it ALL AGAIN, so there is no way out, you just have to endure it, otherwise you will have to endure it again. But there is limit, if you dont want to move, change, you will damn your own soul and there will be no other way, but throw your soul into abyss. Its an eternal pit devoid of life and full of primal darkness and nothing. Imagine nothing forever, nothing can be worse. Damned and lost souls are thrown down there, to be transformed into primal energy and returned to God, at the end of this "cycle". Your consciousness ceases to exist and with that you wont exist, game over.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Master
as far as i understand, after you passed on, you will eventually in the next incarnation come across the same circumstances again which led to the suicide in the first place, until you make peace with it.

what happens directly after suicide ? Not sure.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:44 AM
Suspended

Hi Folks..

First - there is NO JUDGEMENT by any "divine being" EXCEPT OUR SELF !! I know,because I faced it,EXPERIENCED it,first hand..What played out at first as a scenario of "Angels and damnation" - turned out with hindsight to be a personal EGIOC JUDGEMENT,as I literally left this mortal paradigm and encountered a truly Divine presence,I got to see my Self clearly,actions and consequences..

IT didnt judge me for anything - I MYSELF,placed all the negative judgements..I had a full on "life review" and all,saw clearly "how it al works"...And since then,many many similar experiences,direct knowledge..I know for sure,these realms we imagnie,heavens and hells are purely SELF CREATED !! If you base your notions here on a "christian heaven and hell" type of existance,then you are severley misled..

Suicide: My nephew Steve,committed suicide,but not for any negative reasons at all..He too,had many many spiritual experiences..Likewise,he met Divine Beings whom he also regarded as Angels - and eventually,he met in REAL LIFE,a MAN,whom he had previously encountered as an ANgel in one of these events..This man,in ral life,said something to Steve - an exact repeat of a spiritual conversation - and Steve quite literally tok this as "final proof" that what he and I had repeatedly experienced directly,was indeed,an ultimate truth..

I mean,what better proof..?..An Angel,took a mortal form,and REPEATED word for word,a conversation that had happened years before in a "spiritual enconter"..Steve saw this as the final proof that all this spiritual paradigm was indeed ver very authentic - and so,later that night he hung himself,absolutely convinced that he would free his Soul,to progress further along this journey..Do you see..?..AN ANGEL told him to "come home" ..A Divine presence,came and gave hima PRE ARRANGED SIGN !!

And you think this Divinity is going to judge him now negatively..?..An Angel gave him repeated knowledge - gave US repeated knowledge,amny times - all of which was seen to be correct in our personal lives.Same Angel then tells him as agreed,a final sign,letting him know for sure,this was all very real..I mean - meet the Being in spirit,meet the being in flesh,same results,full recognition..A definate proof for him..

And since..?..I have had personal contact with my nephew - as I have had all my life with many deceased people..Steve is not suffering now,in hell,purgatory,or damnation..COMPLETE RUBBISH !!

He exists as an eternal Soul,no longer even concerned much with "earthly life" as this part of the journey is over - the suicide was a deliberate method of TRANSCENDANCE !!

Listen: Even my mate,Yeshua - you may know Him as jesus - even HE,committed suicide,in a way..See;He practically ordered my other mate,Judas,to "hand Him over",knowing full well that death was coming..He could have easily avoided it,but instead,Yeshua CHOSE to accept death,and just like Steve,He was perfectly safe and secure in His knowledge..See;personal experience will obviously teach you far more than any "written words" in a book..All that I offer here,IS from direct experience..There is no heaven or hell,except the ones we make for Self..There is no judgment,except the ones we place on Self..

YES,there is an "afterlife realm" - a shared existance,similar to this one - but primarily ALL existance is a property of MIND,for the god you seek is actually your own Conscious Presence..This place here,mortal realm,is th eonly place where we "suffer so" - ignorance of Self is always the cause..Once you realise your nherant Divine Self,then this notion of suffering anddamnation,becomes something very different to what you currently believe..