Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Judaism

Old 07-04-2012, 05:40 PM
Master
In a complicated world, the most complicated thing is finding simplicity.
Furthermore, we must walk for miles before realizing that everything was right here all along.
The realization cannot occur without the journey and simplicity cannot be reached so easily.

Well said, Yamah.

~ ~

Old 08-04-2012, 12:27 AM
sbjazzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
"I have to disagree Yamah in only that I think it's the Shekinah that's been in exile and is returning now. She represents all the Goddess energy we're encountering. We've all been under Paternal institutions and religions for the last several thousand years. She represents God's Presence in a spiritual way. She is the latter I AM of I Am that I AM imo."

Interesting idea. I'm not quoting my own notions and ideas though, I'm quoting volumes and volumes of kabbalistic literature. Also keep in mind that the 'paternal institutions' were all man-made.

"We are the ones who ran off into external sensory involvement, small fixed identities and too much thinking.
Letting go of those, we find the divine couldn't possibly come and go but is right here where it's always been."
Beautiful words Xan, as always.

"The quiet space within myself seems soooo far away that it would takes ages for me to reach it. Not only that, I'm not sure if trying to reach it is the best thing to do."
In a complicated world, the most complicated thing is finding simplicity. Furthermore, we must walk for miles before realizing that everything was right here all along. The realization cannot occur without the journey and simplicity cannot be reached so easily.

My introduction to Kabbalah came personally from this man at a retreat several years ago called "The Return of the Shekinah" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDj2U...eature=related
Old 08-04-2012, 12:34 AM
sbjazzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbjazzman
My introduction to Kabbalah came personally from this man at a retreat several years called "The Return of the Shekinah" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDj2U...eature=related

More on the Shekinah here http://www.adishakti.org/_/shekinah_..._of_wisdom.htm

""There were different schools of Kabbalah. Some saw the Shekinah as separated from the godhead, in voluntary exile on earth, describing her as a daughter cut off from her mother, and as a widow, until she is able to return to the divine ground, having gathered to herself all the elements or sparks of her light that had been scattered throughout creation during the process of emanation. The blackness of the Shekinah's robe, inherited perhaps from the black robe or veil of Isis (who was also called "The Widow" during her search for Osiris), is the darkness of the mystery that hides the hidden glory of her Light.".....
Old 08-04-2012, 12:41 AM
Master
I find it impossible to conceive that any expression of the divine is really 'cut off' from any other.

That illusion of separation is exclusive to the human mind, which tends to project its limited notions onto pure dimensions of being where they don't exist.

In rediscovering our own divinity this becomes clear.

Xan

Old 08-04-2012, 12:52 AM
sbjazzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I find it impossible to conceive that any expression of the divine is really 'cut off' from any other.

That illusion of separation is exclusive to the human mind, which tends to project its limited notions onto pure dimensions of being where they don't exist.

In rediscovering our own divinity this becomes clear.

Xan

We play hide and seek. That's the game we chose.
Old 08-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Master
Yes, that's so. It's we humans who have been hiding from our true nature, not the divine in any form.

Xan

Old 08-04-2012, 01:21 AM
sbjazzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Yes, that's so. It's we humans who have been hiding from our true nature, not the divine in any form.

Xan

We are in complete agreement.
Old 08-04-2012, 04:18 AM
Yamah

Ah, here's the confusion...

When you say 'the shekhinah was exiled' remember that the Jewish People were exiled too... the Shekhinah came with us.
Old 08-04-2012, 06:22 AM
sbjazzman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamah
Ah, here's the confusion...

When you say 'the shekhinah was exiled' remember that the Jewish People were exiled too... the Shekhinah came with us.

Yes but it was complicated. http://www.uriel.com/knowledge/artic...of%20God.pd f
Old 28-09-2012, 06:39 PM
Pathfinder

I love you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
To me it seems as though God is in exile. He has been driven away by the profanity of the earth.

God is gentle and kind and the earth is cold and hostile. This keeps God away.

But He can be strong. He can diminish the fear. It is all in a muddle in my head, but I keep getting the feeling that He is near....

Do you know the qualities you see in God, are also in you? When you say "But He can be strong. He can diminish the fear." Do you not see that you can be strong, you can diminish the fear. Because God is not just near, God is you. You are in a state of seperation. The earth is not cold and hostile, your heart is. That's what keeps God away from your knowing him. You are projecting your fears into the world you see. A godless, cold, hostile world. Try softening your gaze, look at the world with the kind and gentle eyes that you attribute to God, but that are also in you. Then you may see what God sees and peace will come to your heart. Start by letting go of your dominating judgement of others. It is most true that the way we see others is the way we see ourself. Purposefully seek out the good in the world and it will come to you. But if you purposefully see only hostility it will come to you as well. And your mind will forever trouble your heart. Do not let your heart be troubled by your own mind. Best of luck, love you.