Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 10-07-2014, 08:26 PM
deepsea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven Poet
I wonder if it's an age thing - being afraid of the afterlife. I used to be, but as I've gotten older I feel closer to the beautiful world of spirit waiting for me to come home.

Maybe when we are younger we cling to life; but as we get older we realize death is a friendly passageway to peace and comfort. At least, if we have done our spiritual development work. I know other people my age who are afraid of dying, people who I don't see to be so spiritually in tune and are very much entangled in all the temporary pleasures of this physical world like fancy possessions, body, food and drink, sex, etc.

But then again, maybe when my time comes, I'll be digging my claws into my own deathbed going "Uh-uh, I wanna stay here!"

I just hope my Dad comes to me as an usher for my journey home!

I think we all grow older,we accept that physical death may not be far away.
I've lived my life as best as I can,just getting a little wearier of all the problems in that life. I just can't wait!...
Old 10-07-2014, 09:22 PM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I've lived my life as best as I can,just getting a little wearier of all the problems in that life. I just can't wait!...

I'm ready as well...
Old 11-07-2014, 10:45 AM
deepsea

That makes two of us!...Anyone else want to join the ride?....
Old 11-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Master

Death: There is nothing to be scared of. It's merely a transition from one state of being to another. As natural to the spirit as the changing of the seasons.

The thing is to make the most of the time that we have here i.e. learning, growing (in wisdom and love), Service ...

Life is a blessing. To be spiritually awakened is a double blessing. So seize the moment ...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2014, 12:15 PM
Master

Quote:
That makes two of us!...Anyone else want to join the ride?....

I have a bit more to wring out of this earthly life yet ...

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 11-07-2014, 12:27 PM
deepsea

Good for you,KnightofAlbion.....Enjoy your life to the full....like I have....

But I'm ready to go now to enjoy what the spirit world has in store for me...

Good to see you on here.....

Deepsea.
Old 13-07-2014, 02:33 AM
Knower
Quote:
I too am looking forward to it. The veil of forgetting on earth in human form can cause people to become fearful. I think for some people religion has caused fear of death.

The way I see it is that THIS is the hard thing......doing a human incarnation. I am looking forward to going back to my regular life. Apparantly it is not time quite yet. But I DO look forward to it. Although I do not want to leave by means of a long illness. Faster the better for me. Preferably just leave in my sleep. I do look forward to it, indeed. Been kicking around in this human form and incarnation for a lot of decades.
Old 13-07-2014, 09:28 AM
deepsea

All in favour there,Lili....I feel I have done as much in this life as I possibly could.....Raised two children,worked all my life,made some wonderful friends,travelled to see the world.....I'm tired now....
Old 23-07-2014, 04:45 AM
Ralph

I'm one of the few ones (maybe the only one) who can remember what the terms were to be born as human being before he was born from his biological (earthly) mother. The first and most important rule you had to agree to before you were born was that after you die you wil let 'the Lord and Master (= probably God)' blow his trumpet and blow your 'house' (your astral projection in the afterlife) away, only your deeds will remain and will be written in the annals of human history. I believe there is probably no heaven nor a hell, you simply will get blown away and vanish.
Old 23-07-2014, 01:51 PM
deepsea

Interesting to read....do you believe in an afterlife?
We lose the physical body and exist as spirit until we reincarnate once again.