Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 09-12-2018, 06:12 PM
Pathfinder

I have experienced something oppositional happening in front of my eyes.

I cannot remember it at present. But, it really wow'd me; All I thought of was this Non-Duality forum, etc.

Maybe "waiting" for two opposite things to happen in front of you is a key.
Old 09-12-2018, 10:40 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos_Tone
I have experienced something oppositional happening in front of my eyes.

I cannot remember it at present. But, it really wow'd me; All I thought of was this Non-Duality forum, etc.

Maybe "waiting" for two opposite things to happen in front of you is a key.

Seek to identify the two halves with yourself. With thoughts are they coming from your animal soul or spirit soul, are they human brain based or spiritual soul based(pure love)?

Christ was a perfect example. Imagine being nailed to a cross and your response is "Forgive them father they know not what they do." Not human based, anger fear etc..., but love.

Thanks.

Brian
Old 10-12-2018, 12:20 AM
Pathfinder

I want to remember it because I need to analyze it better. I was always told white is the opposite of black.

But, during the last few years I realized that opposites are a bit more serious. For example, the opposite of black is something that is translucent, or even invisible.

We need not be so scared of each other, you see.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MChang
You have a great sense of humor. I am really interested in what you think. Not with poems or quotes, but in your language what you think. Would you allow me this courtesy?

Thanks.

Brian

Brian,

Actually, I’ve said what was to be said ... clearly. Perhaps not with you but many a time, we merely seek validation of our own beliefs and so we hear but do not listen.

And what are these beliefs or thoughts even? Conditioning ... memory linked perception ... ? If so, what is their authenticity, for if we already knew, why do we ask now?

You talk of heart & brain. Instruments. Go beyond form.

You talk of Jesus at the cross asking God to forgive his transgressors. Then we draw an interpretation of why he said it and so on. Then we debate. To what end? Word or language is a symbol of fragmented thought which bisects from its narrowness. It can never delineate or cognise the truth which is a singularity, a oneness.

Be Jesus. Be Buddha. Yourself. Who is this ‘yourself’? Your consciousness in form resting all instruments externalised and transient as in self serving and consciousness dissolving thus, become awareness absolute, one with oneness.

What does this convey to thought? Nothing. Because it is a transitioning, an actual becoming, blossoming, an ascension of your consciousness (although using words like you, me, he etc is invalid), into all encompassing awareness.

It is not an attainment. It is a state of being.

Be to become. Then no questions or doubts remain. Do not describe your imagination of what the fruit tastes like for doing so makes you no wiser, much less accurate. Eat it to know!

Now, how is this paragraphed description different from poetry?

Old 10-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Master
Dear Brian,

There are many words, many philosophies, many associations with an "I" on whatever level that takes, from the ego to an all-inclusive and all-pervading Consciousness...and from being the witness, to that which is witnessed, but to me, this is ALL still duality, only some still seek to negate such through association, when the association still exists either way.

If "I" am totally immersed in that, do you think there would be any "I"?

If the drop falls into an ocean, do you think the drop will say "I am the ocean"? or would the drop just simply cease to be AS a drop?

There comes a time (and it came for me a while ago), when the question of "who am I?" became "who wants to know?" (and if I ever met Maharishi, I would have said EXACTLY that) and then, the whole point of introspection would be totally lost on me.

Of course, there's another answer for "who am I?" and that is for me to be totally honest and say "I don't know and don't WANT to know!" and others may say, "don't you want to attain Nirvana?" and I will say "what is there to attain? seriously!" for when the universe "made" me, they broke the mould.

I have no sense of self, with either an upper or lower case "s" and there is no duality because there is no non duality.

Have at it.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:28 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

Brian,

Actually, I’ve said what was to be said ... clearly. Perhaps not with you but many a time, we merely seek validation of our own beliefs and so we hear but do not listen.

And what are these beliefs or thoughts even? Conditioning ... memory linked perception ... ? If so, what is their authenticity, for if we already knew, why do we ask now?

You talk of heart & brain. Instruments. Go beyond form.

You talk of Jesus at the cross asking God to forgive his transgressors. Then we draw an interpretation of why he said it and so on. Then we debate. To what end? Word or language is a symbol of fragmented thought which bisects from its narrowness. It can never delineate or cognise the truth which is a singularity, a oneness.

Be Jesus. Be Buddha. Yourself. Who is this ‘yourself’? Your consciousness in form resting all instruments externalised and transient as in self serving and consciousness dissolving thus, become awareness absolute, one with oneness.

What does this convey to thought? Nothing. Because it is a transitioning, an actual becoming, blossoming, an ascension of your consciousness (although using words like you, me, he etc is invalid), into all encompassing awareness.

It is not an attainment. It is a state of being.

Be to become. Then no questions or doubts remain. Do not describe your imagination of what the fruit tastes like for doing so makes you no wiser, much less accurate. Eat it to know!

Now, how is this paragraphed description different from poetry?

Thanks I appreciate it.

Brian
Old 10-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Dear Brian,

There are many words, many philosophies, many associations with an "I" on whatever level that takes, from the ego to an all-inclusive and all-pervading Consciousness...and from being the witness, to that which is witnessed, but to me, this is ALL still duality, only some still seek to negate such through association, when the association still exists either way.

If "I" am totally immersed in that, do you think there would be any "I"?

If the drop falls into an ocean, do you think the drop will say "I am the ocean"? or would the drop just simply cease to be AS a drop?

There comes a time (and it came for me a while ago), when the question of "who am I?" became "who wants to know?" (and if I ever met Maharishi, I would have said EXACTLY that) and then, the whole point of introspection would be totally lost on me.

Of course, there's another answer for "who am I?" and that is for me to be totally honest and say "I don't know and don't WANT to know!" and others may say, "don't you want to attain Nirvana?" and I will say "what is there to attain? seriously!" for when the universe "made" me, they broke the mould.

I have no sense of self, with either an upper or lower case "s" and there is no duality because there is no non duality.

Have at it.

Thanks. I have no idea where I/me/it is on the continuum. I see the stripping away of the accumulated layers as a necessary path we take on our way back to the origin. If others are in a place in their journey, where they a fully conscious of their thoughts, and where there are no brain center human thought imprinting on their being; then amen. I don't seem to be so fortunate, I am still stuck with my monkey mind and identifying thoughts and the source of those thoughts in any given moment.

Thanks.

Brian
Old 11-12-2018, 12:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks. I have no idea where I/me/it is on the continuum. I see the stripping away of the accumulated layers as a necessary path we take on our way back to the origin. If others are in a place in their journey, where they a fully conscious of their thoughts, and where there are no brain center human thought imprinting on their being; then amen. I don't seem to be so fortunate, I am still stuck with my monkey mind and identifying thoughts and the source of those thoughts in any given moment.

Thanks.

Brian

You are right, others too are right!

Stripping away of layers ... layers of negativity ... meaning thereby, habits in the egoic self serving domain which bind and contract our consciousness is definitely the way ... if stepped up from intellectualism and applied onto ourselves in thought, word & deed day after day until it becomes our revised reflex response and coupled with quiet thought-rested meditation.

Even the slightest consciousness shift brings about the greatest healing & inner transformation.

In fact, continuous contemplative consciousness correction is the ‘analytical thought’ aspect of thought that helps erase negativity, while ‘intuitive-thought’ in as cognising the totality instantly without any effort, there being no thinker or doer, in the usually believed manner, is the meditative aspect.

Old 11-12-2018, 02:51 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
I am interested in what you believe, but please in your own plain language. Tell me what you think from your understanding without quotes from other works.

This is what I believe. There are many references throughout the world, within religions and philosophies, or Mircea Eliade called the ‘Axis Mundi, or center of the world. For me it is a reference to the energetic center within each of us. I believe it is Nirvana from Hinduism, the yellow middle from Taoism, the Garden of Eden from Christianity, and many other similar references. The question is what is this within us and how do we get there?

It is an experience, a personal journey. The reaching of Nirvana, Salvation, Following ‘The Way or path’ in Taoism etc…

I believe it is shifting one’s consciousness from external things outside to internal things within. We begin this process using meditation. Quiet the mind and listen. I believe all cultures speak of two halves of our consciousness. Male/female, light/dark, yin/yang, heaven/earth, etc… These are pairs and opposites. In the same way the human mind, read animal soul(Taoist term), is brain based and creates a brain based reality, read projected reality. There is another heart based is spirit soul(another Taoist term) and is generates a reality from the heart that is the real world around us, read phenomenal world.

We are all made up of these two halves the animal soul and spirit soul. We can’t experience the world around us from both at the same time and often are not even aware of which we are experiencing the world from in any given moment. When we begin to go within via meditation, we begin to sense the phenomenal world more and more. We see ourselves as we truly are in the world, often not pretty, but this is where true growth begins, and we can change ourselves. Acceptance of self in our imperfections and changing these things we find is the The Way.

In the world of duality there are there energetic systems. Heaven, Earth, Man (Taoism), Father, Son, Holy Ghost(Trinity), lower, middle, and upper chakra groups from eastern philosophies. The energy of Heaven is separate and distinct from the Energy of Earth. They coexist and are all around us, but they don’t interact. The only place they interact is within each of us. We have both within us, this is the source of our dual nature.

We never truly become One being, we can become One being that is creating and maintaining this balance of these two energetic systems with us in any given moment. If you have the energy of heaven and the energy of Earth within you in balance and harmony, this puts you in the Axis Mundi, yellow middle, center, the Garden of Eden…where all things come from.

When we came here the first time, there was not much interference between us and our center. As we have this human experience from the animal soul, we imprint unresolved issues within ourselves. Over lifetimes we no longer sense the spirit soul within us. All this accumulated ‘stuff’ that we are not aware of dictates our choices and how we experience the phenomenal world or not.

The Way back is to identify these things, remove them until they are no longer are a part of you and you can achieve and maintain Center within yourself in any given moment.

That’s what I think. This is the experience I am having this lifetime. I don’t think it ever ends as long as we are in human form, but every day my connection with universe or Source grows stronger because of the work I do on myself.

Thanks for reading.

More at thethreeandntheone.com

Brian

Hello Brian

Thanks for sharing. What you write here is interesting but has little to do with nonduality.

We don’t reach One - there is ONLY One. The issue is with the mistaken perception of separation. There’s nothing to remove or reach or achieve… only to see.

There’s no animal soul and spirit soul, no unresolved stuff over lifetimes, no personal salvation, no Axis Mundi…

There is only the being of what is… Already the case before you lift a finger.
Old 11-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Master
I just found out there is a difference between duality and plurality...GO ME!