Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-10-2018, 02:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf

What do you think? Why is it that we exist? What illusive reason could possibly be out there that would make my suffering, or anybody's suffering, worth it? I'm kind of at a loss as to how to proceed with what my guide said. All I can think of doing is asking others what they think about it.

The fact that you are asking the question may be the answer!

Who are you/ we?

Self-inquiry ... any path as of inclination ... employing the intuitive, not the analytical mind
Old 25-10-2018, 06:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
I've never understood how this can said. Can you explain what it means the world/universe wouldn't exist. What about the biological (physical) process many more are never born then born, yet the universe/world exist in spite of not being here.

Yes, you are right - it is a very shallow way of observing those 7 decades or so which we have in this thing called world. However, if there is nothing in you which believes that something is behind this/these appearances then it can be said that the world/universe only came into being when you entered it and will vanish when you leave it.

https://futurism.com/videos/brain-ha...cious-reality/
Old 25-10-2018, 10:18 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayden_Greywolf
What do you think? Why is it that we exist?
Sit yourself down quietly, light some candles and play some music if you like. Then ask yourself one simple question: "How different would this Universe be if I'd never existed?"

"Now that you’re here, your mission is to figure out why you wanted everything to be this way." Matt Kahn
Old 25-10-2018, 10:33 PM
Guide
The purpose is for you as this Universe to experience life from your perspective. With all your senses, all your emotions, and all your feelings.

So beautiful really :)

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Destiny is not the path given to us - but the path we choose for ourselves.

Current resources:
Tom Campbell: Ultimate Reality www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhv-XCff4_I

Currently reading:
Taboo Against Knowing Who You Are: Alan Watts
A Brief History of Time: Stephen Hawking
Old 25-10-2018, 10:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azu
Such questions are very complicated but also very simple. Answers are endless and subjective.
Pretty much this.

I was thinking about how to answer it and could not, because I don't think there's a reason...and why we exist is because our parents decided to have some fun...unless test tubes were involved...

I read that reply and thought.."that will do".
Old 25-10-2018, 10:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Rider_1970
The purpose is for you as this Universe to experience life from your perspective. With all your senses, all your emotions, and all your feelings.

So beautiful really :)
That strikes me as being vacuous and life-'trifling', not 'beautiful'.

I submit: both 'meaning' and 'purpose' require context - that is, they only make 'sense' if and as they relate, not just to oneself (one senses, emotion, feelings in a 'vacuum'), but to others - I would suggest all others.
Old 25-10-2018, 10:58 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
why we exist is because our parents decided to have some fun...

I love this - soooo funny

I am not an individual having a universal experience, but the universe having an individual experience. Where consciousness is the universe experiencing itself through each of us.

Current resources:

Currently reading:
Old 25-10-2018, 11:06 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
That strikes me as being vacuous and life-'trifling', not 'beautiful'.

I submit: both 'meaning' and 'purpose' require context - that is, they only make 'sense' if and as they relate, not just to oneself (one senses, emotion, feelings in a 'vacuum'), but to others - I would suggest all others.

Thank you davidsun, where I believe that we as this Universe is the context. As such, we are not isolated individuals with each of us being the primordial energy of the Universe having our own individual experience. I just think at times we over complicate things with spiritual definitions and meanings when the true beauty of life is so simple when we look beyond our own individuality.

Current resources:

Currently reading:
Old 25-10-2018, 11:10 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Pretty much this.

I was thinking about how to answer it and could not, because I don't think there's a reason...and why we exist is because our parents decided to have some fun...unless test tubes were involved...

I read that reply and thought.."that will do".

Indeed.

I wish I could provide a more sophisticated, specific response.
Old 26-10-2018, 04:16 AM
Knower

To add to the expansion of the universe. Each unique perspective of existence, from the tiny particle to the complex organic form stands in a different location and sees, perceives and translates existence based on their point of view. The desires borne from each stance in each moment propels the creation of anew anew anew. Never ending, always creating. And though we don't remember, we chose to be a conscious mover and shaker in this energetic reality translated as matter. Because it is exciting.
Or so we knew before we came :-)