Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 23-10-2018, 03:31 AM
Master
hi hallow....I have heard that "Ride The Lightning" by Metallica is another good one.

Black Sabbath are the pioneers…..they deserve to be followed.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 23-10-2018, 03:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
Hope that helps, I don't follow the music charts.

What I meant was looking at the top 10 and top 100 lists of the greatest metal albums ever. Not the music charts.

Old 23-10-2018, 07:09 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
hi hallow....I have heard that "Ride The Lightning" by Metallica is another good one.

Black Sabbath are the pioneers…..they deserve to be followed.
ride the lightning is a very good album! I guess what I meant not fallowing the charts is off the top of my head I can't think of any without looking. I just gave you a few personal picks of mine if you're interested in checking them out. It really depends on what kind of metal your looking for. I am into the raw type of metal, Slayer of light is into "death metal". Or maybe I am just babbling.
Old 30-11-2018, 03:51 PM
Master
So in the end I bought some Metallica, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath. It will keep me happy for some time.

Old 18-01-2019, 03:29 AM
Newbie ;)

Babymetal and Crossfaith are two of my favorite bands. I also really enjoy Fear, and Loathing in Las Vegas but that may not be your thing if you don't like Electronic-type metal.
Old 18-01-2019, 05:54 AM
Master
Quote:
So in the end I bought some Metallica, Judas Priest, Megadeth, Iron Maiden and Black Sabbath. It will keep me happy for some time.

Very astute choices, Honza.
Old 18-01-2019, 06:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Very astute choices, Honza.

Thanks. I also got Back In Black by AC/DC and Live In Japan by Deep Purple and Appetite For Destruction by Guns And Roses! (Because they were recommended by you and others).

Old 20-01-2019, 01:29 AM
Deactivated Account

Master of Puppets Metallica
Old 20-01-2019, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Thanks. I also got Back In Black by AC/DC and Live (Made) In Japan by Deep Purple and Appetite For Destruction by Guns And Roses! (Because they were recommended by you and others).

I think I was wrong about BiB being a double album. It came out on LP in a double fold out sleeve back in the day, so I incorrectly recalled it as a 'double album'. Made in Japan was the double album... Both these records are literally rock history artifacts, just about essential to any 'collection', and AFD is also pivotal masterpiece in its own right. You're collection has a very solid base in the roots of the genre.

If you get the chance to watch the documentary "Metal: A Headbanger's Journey" - that is very interesting film about the evolution of metal music and its social and spiritual culture/subcultures. It's remarkable.
Old 20-01-2019, 05:34 PM
Master

Hello Honza,

I highly recommend a new band out of the Detroit area called "Greta Van Fleet". They are 19 to 22 years of age and rock very hard. Many say they are reminiscent of Led Zeppelin and Robert Plant even gave them a positive shout out

Safari Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxbT5jSxGJ0

Highway Tune
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJg4OJxp-co

When the curtain falls
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86_vnQc1oBE