Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-11-2018, 06:40 AM
Master
Vigyan Bhairava Tantra

Namaste and salutations.

Today, I wish to talk about a book that I read many years ago, but I only briefly skimmed it really. It is a dialogue between Shiva and His Divine consort, Shakti in the guise of Bhairava and Bhairavi about training and focusing the mind into one-pointed mindful concentration , giving 112 different techniques to achieve a state of total dharana (focused awareness).

The Vigyan Bhairava Tantra is one of the main texts from the Trika school of Kashmir Shaivism and what I really like about it, is that it can be read and understood on many levels, according to the philosophy you follow, from Non-Dual Tantra to Dualist Samkhya and everything in between (Bedhabedha).

Lately, I have been immersing myself in the translation discourses on the Vigyan Bhairava Tantra (VBT) given on YouTube by Christopher (Hareesh) Wallis. What I like about his translation, is that he actually explains the Sanskrit etymology. Now, I am good at Sanskrit, but nowhere near as great as Hareesh is and I am quite humbled by that.

I also really enjoy the way he expresses all the concepts...He is a great scholar, scribe and storyteller, giving plenty of background information on each shloka (verse)....I mean, I am still awe struck over the shubdh Shaktis...The vibrational energy for each phoneme in the Sanskrit alphabet.

So, without further ado, I shall post the links to the first three discourses on the VBT given by Christopher Hareesh Wallis...If you like them, you can look up further ones or subscribe to his YouTube channel.

This thread is also for discussing concepts in the Vigyan Bhairava Tantra and asking any questions which may arise...enjoy.
https://youtu.be/rXtc78cM4c4
https://youtu.be/lQZg0dt8EsU
https://youtu.be/j_7Mpkk2y1Q

So, this is what I have been doing with my time..and will continue to do...listen to Hareesh Wallis, Igor Kufayev and Matt Khan, whilst taking long walks along the beach, meditating, catching up on my rusty Sanskrit and doing intense hydrotherapy... that seems to occupy most of my time now.

Aum Namah Shivaya