Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 26-08-2006, 11:08 PM
kundalini

A Memory Of Atlantis?

Hi all,

This thread would have been as equally at home in the DREAMS section but I feel that it's message is perhaps more all-encompassing than just that and so I decided to post this here instead.

At the moment I am reading a book called 'DISCOVER ATLANTIS' by 'DIANA COOPER and SHAARON HUTTON'. This book basically delivers fascinating insights into the ancient way of life of the Atlanteans, many thousand of years ago who according to the author(s) are who we are now, or at least most of us.

Now, dreamer mentioned in another thread about how certain memories rise to the consciousness when we have something to learn from them and I fully agree with that.

So, since I have been reading this book, I have remembered something that I have not remembered for some time and it is a memory of a dream I had when I was quite young.

I say 'dream' but since then I have learnt about and experienced astral travel and my memories of that dream are more akin to astral travelling. In my 'dream/astral travel' I remembering feeling unusually young, if there is such a feeling.

I remember that I was surrounded by beautiful bright white buildings, all constructed seemingly out of something apparently marble-like but more shiny and brilliant in appearance. I also remember that the sky was bright blue like on a clear Summer's day.

The building themselves stretched as far as the eye could see and the ground itself was made of exactly the same material as the buildings, perfect and unblemished in their whiteness. The buildings seemed to be part of a giant complex and these buildings seemed to be massive in their stature.

Most notably about this dream was that every so often, dotted throughout this complex were these pools, set in the ground and not necessarily consisting of water. It was clearly liquid but it's colour was that of indigo or more appropriately, blackcurrant juice, just slightly lighter in appearance. The colour was vibrant though and I remember diving into these pools for as long as I was there and I had fantastic feelings of joy, I seem to recall.

What I am really saying though is why should this memory pop up and keep popping up as I continue to read this book about Atlantis? Could it be that it was a past-life dream of Atlantis? Could it be I astral-travelled in time to Atlantis and experienced it as it was then? Or could it be a coincidence that I keep recalling this memory? Having said that, I do not believe in coincidences. Has anyone any thoughts or ideas to add to this thread? Or has anyone also had an experience which they feel could relate to the Atlantean Golden Age?

Thanks for reading, Kundalini.

Last edited by kundalini : 26-08-2006 at 11:55 PM.
Old 27-08-2006, 01:58 AM
Master
Reading through this gave me chills....wonderful chills. I know little to nothing about astral travel, how it really works or what it truly feels like, but I've had numerous PL memories pop up and can relate in that way. I do not believe in coincidences either, you remembering this seems like a definite sign to me.

I read a novel once that linked Merlin's father to Atlantis and I was very drawn to that part of the novel. When I was younger I was terribly interested in Atlantis, but my interest in it waned as I got older. It's 'odd' to me that you bring this up now because not long ago a friend of mine mentioned Atlantis too. I've been finding myself thinking about it more & more lately.
Old 27-08-2006, 02:38 AM
kundalini

Hi Mother Goose and thanks for your reply, interesting as it is. I did not know that Merlin or any of his family had been linked to Atlantis. Indeed, I did not even know that Merlin had any family!

I find it of particular interest that you have thoughts more and more about Atlantis. A lot of my life I have had an sporadic interest in Atlantis, without ever really knowing why. However, if what DOREEN VIRTUE is saying in the book I mentioned in the last post is true, I think a lot more people will be thinking about Atlantis more and more as she believes that humankind are once again aiming to replicate the Golden Age of Atlantis.

Like I already mentioned briefly in my first post, most human beings were once part of Atlantis and so going by that, most of us will have had a past-life there!
Old 27-08-2006, 03:25 AM
Master
*shrug* I really believe the author of the book was just looking for a way to explain Merlin's talents, and must have had some strong interests in Atlantis herself. I never thought of it as accurate, just interesting.

The friend I mentioned is certain that change is coming...a big change, but he's not the only friend who has said something like that. People are sensing it. That golden age of peace thread that 8-infinite-8 started made me think of atlantis as soon as I saw the title last weekend. I don't think my thoughts turned to atlantis 'coincidentally.'
Old 27-08-2006, 03:49 AM
kundalini

Hi Mother Goose,

Big changes are afoot but what I think most people ought to be doing is creating change within themselves, changes for the better! Atlantis is a vision of a Golden Age that humanity as ONE civilisation can aspire to.

Actually, Mother Goose, I recommend reading the Atlantis book I mentioned earlier, as I know that you are a book-lover and the book is a book that really gets you thinking but is similar to a story in a sense too.
Old 27-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Master
My 'mentor' has assigned me another book first, The chalice and the blade by the Eislers, but when I'm finished with it I'll see about finding Discover Atlantis. It does sound like something that would interest me.
Old 27-08-2006, 05:31 PM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother Goose
My 'mentor' has assigned me another book first, The chalice and the blade by the Eislers, but when I'm finished with it I'll see about finding Discover Atlantis. It does sound like something that would interest me.

Who is this mentor that you refer to?

Is the Chalice and the Blade a book of fiction or a book of fact?

I think most book-lovers would find 'Discover Atlantis' to be a good read.
Old 27-08-2006, 09:35 PM
Glorymist

kundalini - - Atlantis was a LONG time ago ! ! They had their act together - - much more so than we have today - - but with the same end we are heading for - - eventually. There were skirmishes and encounters between the various factors of the continent. What they did to thier people during their genetic experiments give rise to many of the folklore myths we hold today. The minotaur, the cyclops, other various "mutants" - - all from genetic and technological experiments by the Atlantean boys and girls.

As always - - technology rules over ethics / morals / religion / spirituality. They took it all too far. And there are strong opinions that the upswing in technology right now is because a lot of people are reincarnating from their lifetimes in Atlantis to "continue" from where they left off.

In a sense - - we are IN the "golden age of Atlantis." When technology reigned supreme.

What you said in one of your earlier posts in this thread - - about just getting your own house in order - - is about all one can do. It's only a matter of time for the overall group / country / nation / world / etc. Not necessarily a doomsday prophecy. Just - - it will continue to go downhill and get more and more - - um - - "odd."

How odd or how tolerable, how fast or how slow - - is just part of the cycle. There will be no "golden age" of anything that will come to "save" mankind from themselves. That would "walk the Path" without effort on the part of the individual. They would learn and move forward without earning it. That is *not* the Path. But - - there might be a movement / wave or two that might come along to promote that such pipedreams are possible and to just "Follow Us ! !" - - so to speak. If the entire cycle were just allowed to plummet donwhill - - it would blow in a heartbeat. There *has* to be somewhat of a balance thrown in here and there - - a promise - - a pipe dream if you will - - to make this place liveable.
Old 27-08-2006, 11:22 PM
kundalini

As always, an interesting post from you Glorymist. However, I do disagree with one small point that you made. You say that the Golden Age of Atlantis was when they were utilising their technological capacities to the full. According to what I know so far and in a sense you said it yourself, the Golden Age of Atlantis was when they had achieved full connection with the Divine and were still living fully productive physical lives.

The Atlantean's downfall came about when they allowed EGO to enter their hearts and minds and this led to them using technology unwisely and for self-gratification rather than for the good of the whole.

I liked the references you made to the mythological characters of old stemming from genetic experiements that the Atlantean scientists carried out. That is very interesting.

I also agree that each individual must do what they can to carry on the path of spirituality and yet I am not so quick to banish ideas of another Golden Age for we all must aspire to such ideals and then one day, they may manifest. I do not believe such a thing will happen very quickly but slowly and surely, mankind as a collective consciousness may aspire to that goal.

Glorymist, let's not be so quick to call it a pipe dream. Over 100 years ago, a person would have been laughed at had they declared that one day, people would live in space and yet even now, what I am saying does not seem so far-fetched as someone saying that would have done. Thanks for reading, Kundalini.

Last edited by kundalini : 28-08-2006 at 01:57 AM.
Old 28-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Glorymist

Yeah - - I can go for that. That's why I put in "in a sense." Obviously - - for those based in technology - - it WAS during those times when the height of Atlantis was most widely known - - then the technical goodies made life so - - um - - interesting.

You are very right indeed - - in that the spiritual golden age was very, very early - - but there is always the old teachings that suggest that Atlantis was always the "technically based" continent and Lemuria was the "spiritually based" continent. Obviously - - Atlantis had their spiritual leaders - - but you can see what it got them. :->

And yes - - tho technically it was ego - - ALL of the lower world facets work together for the downfall - - then - - and now. Ego cannot be what it is - - without the emotions. And neither can be quite as compelling and forceful without the physical body.

The example you just used - - was one of technology. A "golden age" would not be based in technology. Tho there might be a few periods in the future when the cycle works on an upswing - - it will not last long - - tho certainly it cold last for 50 or 100 years or more. And - - a lot less. If a person is born into that time period - - that is marvelous ! ! As the overall time cycles go for these lower worlds - - they have all already had their Golden Age. From there - - they start to slide downhill. I don't make the rules. You can take it up with the "Big Boys" if you don't like it.

hee hee hee
Closed Thread