Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 05-07-2015, 12:38 PM
Master
Joint pain and inflammation

Have been looking into the problems caused by the accumulation of different types of crystals gathering in areas of the body.

I believe this is a widespread cause of pain and inflammation plus many other problems. I think more attention should be paid to it by the medical proffession.

Anyone suffer with any conditions in the link?

After realising I was having trouble with crystals formed from uric acid I was soon able to manage long standing problems.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2625400/

http://www.newhealthguide.org/Uric-Acid-Symptoms.html

(will post more links to a couple of other crystals that cause problems)

The identification of specific crystal types in synovial fluid is believed to be the most accurate way of diagnosing all common forms of crystal-associated arthritis. There are four main types of crystals that may be associated with joint and soft-tissue problems, due to their deposition in and around joints: these are basic calcium phosphate (BCP), calcium pyrophosphate dihydrate (CPPD), monosodium urate (MSU) and calcium oxalate (CO)28,29 (see also Table 1).

(I started this thread in the 'General' folder and not an apt title, so thought I would move it here and change the title)
Old 05-07-2015, 07:14 PM
Experiencer

Crystals of Uric Acid form in joint due to metabolic problems. A typical problem being 'Gout'. This can be due to over indulging in rich foods and drink to excess... To dissolve the Uric Acid crystals a simple cure is to eat about 10 cherries fresh or canned daily when you are affected by this problem.. Drinking cherry juice in small anount daily when affected will do the trick during Winter months.. Simple efective and natural...
Old 06-07-2015, 10:34 AM
Master
Yes I realised that after having toe and kidney pains for years, eventually went to my left knee too, (over indulgence in ales and beer, and also meat and fish are the worst) I don't touch meat but do overindulge, or did over indulge in ales.

So as soon as I realised the culprit i cut the beer right down and started using lemon and lime juice, cherries, cider vinegar and grape too, the bad knee pain went very quickly.

There is also an herb that grows locally called Goutwort which is Ground Elder which supposed to be the best for it.

I wouldn't like to get a bad case of gout, and it feels worse when you realise uit is tiny sharp crystals in the joints.
Old 06-07-2015, 01:31 PM
Knower

Meat is not bad. What is bad is what can be in the meat. If you eat mass-produced meat products then you can't not get health issues. Mass produced stuff like this is full of toxins and poisons, plus nutrient deficient and nutrient ratios are wrong.

Avoiding eating meat is a very bad decision, health wise. fish is the best meat you can get on this planet. And again not the mass-produced.

And obviously nothing should be consumed to excess. Only as much as body needs. If you eat too much, then you can't not get health issues.

Meat and fish are in fact, if they're not mass-produced ones, one of the best things for joints. They contain what the body needs to keep joints and joint muscles and tendons strong and healthy.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:05 PM
Master
nummi.

Agree with most of that , in theory if the regulation of meat eating was put into practise then it would save a lot of health problems, but do you know anyone who eats only what they need? I don't and it has been about fifteen yrs or more since I hate meat and I found it rather addictive (because it tastes good) but my health is much improved (eating none as opposed to overeating it is much better)

I think some people need some meat about once a month, most eat it at every meal
Old 06-07-2015, 05:35 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
nummi.

Agree with most of that , in theory if the regulation of meat eating was put into practise then it would save a lot of health problems, but do you know anyone who eats only what they need? I don't and it has been about fifteen yrs or more since I hate meat and I found it rather addictive (because it tastes good) but my health is much improved (eating none as opposed to overeating it is much better)

I think some people need some meat about once a month, most eat it at every meal
There is no "in theory". Humans have eaten meat for as long as we have existed in our present form. Inuits, for example, are about 99% meat eaters (fish, sea mammals). Have been for thousands of years. You can't really have a life in polar/northern regions without eating primarily meat, in natural and close-to-nature conditions simply not possible.
People do differ, some can't eat as much as others, some don't need as much as others. But to take a definite position and practice it, without actually knowing enough, is not good and eventually will show for it one way or another (karma - you'll probably learn your lessons one way or another, if your goal is to get "higher").
Some people don't do well on beef, but do well on fish. Some don't do well on fish, but do well on beef. Some can't eat eggs, but can eat fish and beef. Have to find what works and what doesn't and also reasons why it works or not.

If the practice itself is the kind that will make difficult to easily see the negative effects... like avoiding eating meat will end up doing...

In regards to health and diet, it is pointless to talk about overeating in the sense that you are supposed avoid things you can easily overeat. There are reasons why overeating occurs, health and diet reasons. Food items themselves do not cause overeating, but body issues and imbalances do (and external influences can also).

Eating none as opposed to overeating. Both are bad. There is no worse or better. Both are bad.
There's intermittent fasting and similar ways. Personally I eat twice a day, generally 5-8 hours between meals. Sometimes I skip a whole meal, so up 20 hours.
There's not just "overeating", there's also "eating too often". More than 3 meal-times a day is too often, each "snacking" also counts as a meal.

If you know what you are doing then you cannot overeat, or eat too little, or too often...
Seeing yourself overeating something specific and thus avoid eating it is very bad. If you avoid then you will never look for reasons why you overate it in the first place. Instead should find the reasons and causes that make you overeat, solve those issues, and eat the food without overeating. Avoiding eating something merely because you noticed yourself eat it a lot is not good. Avoiding eating something essential is very bad.

I've eaten meat (eggs, fish, beef fat-liver-kidneys) every day for the last 20 or so months. Daily about 70% animal products. All raw.
Meat is not addictive. I've never been diet and health wise better than I am now. And still getting better, when I compare my present self with that months ago. Each time I look back and compare I see that there's some improvement.
When I first began eating like this I consumed rather large amounts of meat (beef, fish, eggs, fat). As if "addictive", but not. As my body met its requirements I began eating less and less until a steady(ish) pace got fixed. What and how much I eat varies.

Once a month meat is far too little for anyone (Except perhaps very few individuals).
Or unless all you're doing is sitting or lying down and not even any mental activity. Dormant, like hibernating - then you won't need much food in general. Or when you're doing activities that are more concerned with sustaining yourself rather than growing and developing.
If you are active, if you exercise physical body and mind, then your body will require to form new muscle and neural pathways, repair damage, grow new cells, and other things. This requires nutrients-vitamins-minerals. Especially those found in meat.

Sometimes body needs and asks for something specific more than other times. Also depends how active, especially physically, you are.

There's addiction and there's need.

Need comes from your own body. If it tastes good, then it is not from addiction. Good taste is a way for your body to signify that "you are supposed to eat this" or "you need this", because there is something in it your body requires.

Addiction is caused either by parasites, parasitic thought-forms, by nutrient imbalance, or nutrient deficiency, or some or all together (some other things can also cause it). When you are addicted to something, it doesn't really taste good, all it does is give some emotional satisfaction. Not emotional satisfaction from eating it, but emotional satisfaction from whatever made you eat it got what it wanted so it stopped bothering and enervating and stressing your body.
Sometimes it is possible that need and addiction are active the same time.

So, before taking a position, make sure you are aware enough of the true causes. Otherwise, definitely in the long run, you will harm yourself.

Avoiding meat, when the goal is to have good and healthy joints, is counterproductive.
Since some people have issues with some types of meat (just as some people have issues with some types of plants), then what type of meat is for you? There's cattle, birds, eggs, fish, other sea creatures, insects, animal organs.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Master
How do you know humans have eaten meat for as long as we have existed?

On one hand if evolution is correct then we are not meat eaters originally, and even if we were we only ate very smalll amounts.

Our digestive tract is closer to herbivores and omnivores, not carnivores..

Even if you compare us to chimps for instance the first part of the digestion (the mouth) they have larger canines than humans but they eat meat only occasionaly.

We dont need meat, vegetarians are healthier in the main and cold countries can trade with warmer countries to get goods, even so there are vegetarian creatures in polar regions, and we being civilised and have access to technology could grow food in those regions.

I would also say you are judging me yet are doing a similar thing yourself in experimenting with your diet. Have you ever looked into the Ayruvedic system of body types and foodstuffs? This is a science in itself and have tried it briefly and felt great benefit.

You mention Karma, yet condone the killing of animals, this is done by many because they like the taste of meat so it is to serve the tastebuds, so what karmic rebound will occur there if we do not need meat or lots of it? It is like killing for pleasure.
Old 07-07-2015, 07:12 PM
Ravenspirit

Q? You don't believe you are killing when you eat veggies? Did you know that tomatoes scream when picked? They've put low level mics on them and electrodes. They do. Plants don't have feelings like humans but they do respond negatively to being harvested. I'm not judging you. I couldn't care less what other people eat. It's not for me to say, but I'm a confirmed meat eater, not just because of choice but out of biological necessity and I find it very hard when people tell me that everybody is adapted to eat vegetarian/vegan.

No offense, but I cannot do it without making myself very ill. Even with a top class vegan nutritionist and chef advising me and making proper and wonderful meals for me I got very, very ill trying. I truly cannot digest a lot of things that are primary to a vegan/vegetarian diet. On a diet that's 75% meat on the other hand I pretty much thrive. Either I am a biological freak or some people are adapted to be carnivores. If you can do it, wonderful, but I just don't think it's fair to make a statement like that. It's just not the case, for everyone.
Old 07-07-2015, 09:55 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Podshell
How do you know humans have eaten meat for as long as we have existed?
I have never said humans have eaten meat for as long as we've existed. For I do not know what people ate back when we were created. But it is very safe to assert that they did eat meat, considering what our bodies are like, and what they need to function right.

How do you know humans have not eaten meat for as long as we have existed?

Quote:
On one hand if evolution is correct then we are not meat eaters originally, and even if we were we only ate very smalll amounts.
Evolution is only one part of the equation. There's genetic design and manipulation.

We never evolved to this state. Indigenous species of this planet were used as base material, then "extraterrestrial" genetics were introduced to create a new species. More to it obviously, reason why it was done, etc.

Also nuclear and energy wars of the forgotten past. Radiation - mutations.

Anyway, the base "material", the apes of that time - our partial ancestors - were also omnivores. As are apes of today omnivores.

Quote:
Our digestive tract is closer to herbivores and omnivores, not carnivores..
This is false.
Our digestive tract is much closer to carnivorous than herbivorous. But most importantly and precisely, our digestive tract is omnivorous.

We are not meat eaters, nor are we plant eaters. We are plant and meat eaters. For best health possible, we need both. We have a digestive tract to digest both.

Quote:
Even if you compare us to chimps for instance the first part of the digestion (the mouth) they have larger canines than humans but they eat meat only occasionaly.
Completely irrelevant what chimps' digestive tract is like. We are not chimps. We have human bodies, not chimp bodies. We have human digestive tract, not chimp digestive tract.

Quote:
We dont need meat, vegetarians are healthier in the main and cold countries can trade with warmer countries to get goods, even so there are vegetarian creatures in polar regions, and we being civilised and have access to technology could grow food in those regions.
Then nor do we need any plants. Let's starve to death! Why do you hold such a lie as truth?

Only very few vegetarians/vegans are healthy, those whose bodies can handle such restricted dieting. Very few. All the rest are lying to themselves, and are essentially stuck in a diet-mind-emotion loop that keeps them eating and thinking the same way without being able to see themselves.

We absolutely do need meat. That you say we don't shows clearly how much you know about how human body is supposed to work and is supposed to get its nutrients from. Please do some research and thinking, and if you have to, experiment.

I know some people who would probably die if they stopped eating meat. And whole lot of people who would suffer severe health issues if they stopped eating meat.
Please do some research.

Human body can not get all the nutrients it needs from plants only. There are no plants on this planet at this time that could satisfy all our body's nutritional needs. Thus, for now, we need meat.

If we don't eat meat now, then we can never even hope to achieve one day a society that would not need to eat meat. We would never even have a chance at designed plants to contain everything our bodies need in necessary quantities.

Quote:
I would also say you are judging me yet are doing a similar thing yourself in experimenting with your diet.
I'm not judging. I'm saying how I know it is. I know it is so from lots of research, thinking, and most importantly experience.
I don't avoid nor ignore issues I have. I look for causes and reasons because the issues need to be solved. Through this I have found out a lot about myself and the world, and about how human body is supposed to work especially regarding diet.

Quote:
Have you ever looked into the Ayruvedic system of body types and foodstuffs? This is a science in itself and have tried it briefly and felt great benefit.
concentrate hard on "briefly"...

You cannot get truth out of it if you only try it briefly. There are short-term effects (which are almost always positive), and then there are long-term effects (which are positive only if you are doing the right thing).
Avoiding eating meat long-term is severely harmful and damaging.

You need to try something for months to know what it is truly about, whether what is said about it is true or not. You can't get this trying it only briefly. You need many months doing it right and without cheating.

Body and mind can get used to a lot of bad things. You can literally get so used to something bad and wrong that you won't even notice it.
So you try something, you see positive effect in the beginning, and make your decisions that "this is the right way". Then gradually negative effects start coming, but since you've made up your mind, you simply disregard them. By disregarding the issues you are teaching yourself to unconsciously ignore them. And if someone brings out the obvious reality that you are wrong, then what you will do is simply deny everything that's brought out.
Coupled with the B12 deficiency meat avoidance creates. B12 is very necessary for brain and nerves. It makes it very difficult to consider something new that's outside your "religion".

Quote:
You mention Karma, yet condone the killing of animals, this is done by many because they like the taste of meat so it is to serve the tastebuds, so what karmic rebound will occur there if we do not need meat or lots of it? It is like killing for pleasure.
You seem to have a lacking understanding of karma. Karma is about learning lessons, one way or another. Just because you do something that supposedly is bad doesn't mean you will learn the lesson by having something bad happen to you. Instead something positive could make you learn the same lesson, or not.

The killing of animals for food is a necessity. It is a necessity because our bodies need what is in animal meat. There are no plants on this planet at this time that can give our bodies all that which is in meat in the needed quantities.
Karma... Denying yourself something your body absolutely needs for good health. Now what does karma have to say about this? Nothing good. It means there are lessons you need to learn, because denying your body what it needs is very very bad.
If you are due to your own actions and decisions made unable, how are you supposed to be able to help others? It begins with you, you have to be well and healthy, or the help you can give others will be severely limited.

Taste? So, do you like the taste of plants? You do realize the plant was alive until you cut it up and ate it? Do you like root vegetables, do you like nuts and seeds? And you talk about killing for pleasure...
Personally, I sprout seeds and then eat them. The small seeds that just started to grow. I grind those young living organisms between my teeth and swallow them. I kill them, so I could live, so I could have a strong and healthy life, and so am able to help make this world a better place.

You cannot exist in human body and have a life, without killing other life. Considering this, avoiding killing something, whether plant or animal, that has in it something you need, something you cannot get from anywhere else, is absolutely ridiculous. If you avoid eating something you need, you are only hurting yourself, and if you talk about such actions and decisions as if they are right and just and necessary, you are also hurting those who actually believe you and start following your harmful ideas.

Body has needs that must be met if you want to have as good a health as you can get. This requires the consumption of both meat and plants.

Obviously this concerns joints also, as if you acting and thinking wrong, and thus eat wrong, you end up hurting your whole body, including joints. So to keep it on topic, more or less...

There is so much more to say... Please do your research...
Old 07-07-2015, 11:02 PM
Master
Podshell and Star Wolf Medicine Woman, thank you for the information you provided.