Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 20-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Master
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
So what is it with people?

People will be led down the isle of the most obvious dysfunctional medical assertions, each convinced that they're haplessly intelligent for doing so. Doing so clearly isn't working. Then you get the pink ribbon thing for women with cancer, in the mean time the industry is killing women with their "treatment of cancer" by the droves... But everyone hugs each other, and call that spiritual, they call that caring, people just keep getting sicker in the hands of this system and at the same time play their utmost at being spiritually composed.... this just strikes me as crazy...

I know. It's rather incongruous, yeah. I really think human psychology is such, that as long as the average person feels 'they belong', that's it. All I can tell you is I don't think like that, but it's in there, the need to belong, but not at all other costs.

Old 20-05-2013, 03:32 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
And yet Stephen, I rely on a blend of Western and Eastern medical practices and, here I am 12 years longer than I was supposed to live.
By who's account? The medical industry gives people "suppose to live" predictions all the time that turn out to be dreadfully wrong when "alternative" approaches are applied.. (I put "alternative" in quotes because in reality the medical industry is the experimental alternative, though they like selling themselves off as the only viable option...)

I've read over and over and over and over again about the medical industry sending people home to die, because the way the MI goes about its business, they know that this person will die in their hands. This same person will discover a natural alternative approach, make the necessary changes in their diets and what was once "terminal" has disappeared... sometimes within the year, sometimes within a week or two, depending on the severity of the situation.

My own case in point as it relates to what you're dealing with now. I have a glucose sensitivity. Pre-diabetic is the more appropriate label. I'm not surprised based on my diet of the many years preceding our nutritional appreciation. I added starch to my diet recently... did a postprandial glucose reading after just a half cup of white potatoes and was surprised that I had spiked to a brisk 196. So no more starches for awhile... and since we cutout all sugars, and grains, my baseline is comfortably low on carbs... I did a postprandial this morning after drinking carrot/apple juice along with coffee and kefir and clocked-in at 71.

It would be easy for me to spike it again if I wanted to... just eat a couple slices of whole wheat toast... but that would be dumb wouldn't it... :^)

Here's what you're up against... you trust these children in white coats... there are a wonderful collection of very healthy options that have their roots in thousands of years of observations. You could have addressed your heart issues quite readily without the knife... seriously, look into paleo and flip this stuff around naturally..

And... if your diet is so great then why are you having to take insulin? Based on your current situation it's quite obvious that somethings dreadfully lacking....

I'm currently reading 4 books on the subject of diabetes, all of which takes you off this creepy stuff called insulin (of which one of the side effects is weight gain).

There is a cure for Diabetes by Gabriel Cousens
Death to Diabetes by DeWayne McCulley (he was going into comas and spiking as high as 1300 before he did his research and cured himself of this problem)
One Son's Quest for the Cause and Cure of Diabetes by Dr James Chappell
And I'm just starting the following:
Beating Diabetes (A Harvard Medical School Book): Lower Your Blood Sugar, Lose Weight, and Stop Diabetes and Its Complications in Their Tracks by David Nathan ... this one looks promising as well...

There are other options other than the long string of medical applications, that not only don't work but tend to make things much worse in the long run...

Medications, are intended to interferer with a bodily process
while Natural methods tend to bolster and help support our own bodies ability to heal and live optimally... the wake-up call is to recognize, and then respond, to this difference...
Old 20-05-2013, 03:44 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I know. It's rather incongruous, yeah. I really think human psychology is such, that as long as the average person feels 'they belong', that's it. All I can tell you is I don't think like that, but it's in there, the need to belong, but not at all other costs.
I hate to frame it this way but I seems to be the case of the blind leading the blind.
It's not the individuals "fault" necessary...
we were trained to be followers,
and those who trained-us-to-follow had mostly financial interests in mind.
So while much of the stuff that they've trained us to do doesn't work,
it's all we've been trained to know...
so we become afraid of our own bodies and hold on to each other emotionally out of shared-fear and mutual support...

But we don't have to keep going along this path... the internet is providing an end-round in relation to the medical prerogative, and is providing us with options that help us to think and approach things with a more direct clarity. We no longer have to follow the lead lemming over the cliff... but we do have to intelligently remove ourselves from the line, and explore in such ways that make a difference... :^)
Old 21-05-2013, 07:47 AM
Master
Talk about serendipity, an article in my morning paper concerning Exenatide. A small-scale study at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery in London found that Exenatide injections produced improved cognitive ability and motor skills in 20 Parkinson's patients. A larger trial is being called for.
Lately, I find that I sometimes cannot remember common words and occasionally I walk into the kitchen and find that I haven't got a clue why I am there. So, going onto Exenatide for diabetes might give some interesting side-effects apart from weight loss.
Old 21-05-2013, 01:44 PM
StephenK

If I remember correctly you're doing the macrobiotic diet... If you're eating a lot of grains then "that's" what's giving you the glucose spikes. My wife has been watching her glucose levels over the years and was concerned when her A1C's climbed as high as 5.9 (that's an average blood sugar at around 120mg/dL). Once she cutout grains her A1C's dropped fairly rapidly to a 5.1... we then added starches (potatoes and rice) making her more recent A1C at 5.3. We've now eliminated the starches and we suspect her next reading will be back around 5.

This stuff with diabetes is pretty easy to follow and address. If you're having continuous glucose spikes, which then require insulin to knock-down, then 'that' would be the source of many of your symptoms. Eliminate the spikes, by eliminating the food exposures that creates them, and many of your symptoms will abate.

Since eliminating starches my own fasting glucose readings have gone from 95mg/dL down to a comfortable 80mg/dL in the morning.... this approach is transparent and readily observable and works in a most natural way!
Old 21-05-2013, 02:25 PM
StephenK

A funny coincidence... I check my morning mail and this ditty pops-up! :^)

Manage your diabetes naturally with these simple remedies and tips
http://www.naturalnews.com/040423_manage_diabetes_natural_remedies_blood_suga r.html

2. REDUCE CARBOHYDRATE INTAKE.
If one does nothing else, simply reducing the amount of starchy and carbohydrate-rich foods consumed can do wonders to prevent both fluctuations in blood glucose levels and unwanted weight gain. In fact, weight loss and steadier blood sugar levels are the most likely result. Foods like bread, grains and certain cereals rank high on the Glycemic Index and should be avoided.
Old 21-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Master
When I was first diagnosed with it several years ago and first started to take the bull by the horns, I watched my blood sugar like a hawk testing several times a day and making mental, if not written notes about what things were spiking it, etc. It was the fruits - pretty much any fruits at that stage of the game - not to mention the starches - pretty much any starches, too, at that time.

I was so sad thinking I'd never be able to eat those things again, but that's not true. It's once you've spent a long time and been reasonably consistent that things started turning around for me. And the knowledge that mega-doses of vitamin C and normal doses of aspirin AND drinking plenty of water would make a remarkable difference. Over time, I've gotten my blood sugar readings to be very good. I got to the point where I didn't even have to take hardly any vitamin C, just be reasonable (small amounts of starches and now am able to eat plenty of fruit - for a non-fruit fan).

Things are far more normal than I ever dreamed would be possible, with the 'old knowledge' about diabetes put behind me, I'm now having to work on the weight loss part. I know that nobody believed me when I said that mega-doses of vitamin C, aspirin and water was largely responsible for my going from a 460 blood sugar upon first being diagnosed to completely normal ranges. People resign themselves and are way too trusting on others and their doctors for 'expert' knowledge and guidance on diabetes care and management.

Old 21-05-2013, 05:15 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
Things are far more normal than I ever dreamed would be possible, with the 'old knowledge' about diabetes put behind me, I'm now having to work on the weight loss part. I know that nobody believed me when I said that mega-doses of vitamin C, aspirin and water was largely responsible for my going from a 460 blood sugar upon first being diagnosed to completely normal ranges. People resign themselves and are way too trusting on others and their doctors for 'expert' knowledge and guidance on diabetes care and management.

Yabba dabba! Wonderfully done Silvergirl!

And this is the thing, isn't it!! Our body "knows" what to do! Our eating habits have put soooo much pressure on it's ability to balance what's needed to be done..... pressure to the point that it goes into various states of fatigue, and it's often this fatigue that is creating the symptoms that we've come to call a "disease"...

But eliminate those pressures, allow for the balance to return, and then proceed onward with a healthy life... but this time with intelligent moderation!

The way diabetes is defined by the industry-of-medicine is something of a farce... they would have us eating 5 helpings of grains a day thus guaranteeing glucose spikes, and thus the need for their drugs. I swear they are doing this on purpose.... snapping the diabetes dragons back in half is really a fairly simple process... it's about lifestyle changes and a deepening respect for what the body can and can't do....we only need to listen to our mom, "Mother Nature", and daily follow her wizened recommendations... :^)
Old 21-05-2013, 05:53 PM
Master
Well, thank you Stephen. *blush*

It was info I stumbled upon, the vitamin C thing. But I used it fully to my own advantage and has paid off handsomely.

Old 21-05-2013, 05:59 PM
Master
I work to a different strategy. I do not concern myself with glucose spikes and I test irregularly. I titrated with Insulin until the glucose was at an acceptable level, then fixed the dose at that level. I do not change it to match short-term variations. I have hospital tests every six months to check the long-term glucose levels.
The acceptable range is 4 to 7 mmols/litre. My long term levels are more or less static at around 5. Irregular spot tests [fasting] are about 5 to 7. My diet has been more or less unchanged for decades. I think the key is that I do not obsess over the diabetes or blood glucose or diet. My blood pressure is low in the accepted range, my pulse is also low normal, cholesterol is low. I think the important issue is freedom from stress - daily meditation and wandering the moors ! Very few people in the medical profession believe my age [mid-70's], so I am obviously doing something right