Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 28-02-2012, 04:01 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
When Monsanto wanted approval of one of their products, the FDA allowed them to do the study necessary and then write the report. And then just when that study was going to be submitted, the selfsame writer of the report moved over from Monsanto to work in a position at the FDA where his/her first act was to approve that report! Stink of collusion if you ask me.

Our governmental system is clearly corrupt! They serve to ban very useful and healthful items, in order to protect the monetary interest of the
cooperate few.

Check out how one of the nastiest chemicals made it into our food chain! Aspartame is among the nastiest of the nastiest, all the non-corporate
backed studies proved so... and yet basted on nothing-other than the profit motive it was shepherded into approval in spite of the science... they
"knew" it was deadly! ... and yet the system was tweaked to get it through! How many untold number of people have been forced to suffer on
account of this single corrupt act!? Multiply it by all the other commercial interests, in the place of health, and we end up with the Standard
American Diet.... empty carbs, poisoned foods, sterile soils and depleted aquifers.

How Aspartame Became Legal - The Timeline
http://www.rense.com/general33/legal.htm

The FDA had actually banned aspartame based on this finding, only to have Searle Chairman Donald Rumsfeld (currently the Secretary of Defense) vow
to "call in his markers," to get it approved.

On January 21, 1981, the day after Ronald Reagan's inauguration, Searle re-applied to the FDA for approval to use aspartame in food sweetener, and
Reagan's new FDA commissioner, Arthur Hayes Hull, Jr., appointed a 5-person Scientific Commission to review the board of inquiry's decision.

It soon became clear that the panel would uphold the ban by a 3-2 decision, but Hull then installed a sixth member on the commission, and the
vote became deadlocked. He then personally broke the tie in aspartame's favor. Hull later left the FDA under allegations of impropriety, served briefly
as Provost at New York Medical College, and then took a position with Burston-Marsteller, the chief public relations firm for both Monsanto and GD
Searle. Since that time he has never spoken publicly about aspartame.
Old 28-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Mayflow

I never intended this topic to be about politicians and Governments. Please stick to nutrition and Spirituality.

Here is a really good nutrition website.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

Another interesting site is at the Mayo Clinic:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/nut...eating/MY00431

They have a very broad range of health related topics.
Old 29-02-2012, 01:20 AM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayflow
I never intended this topic to be about politicians and Governments. Please stick to nutrition and Spirituality.

Decent sites... but I'm not seeing the spiritual connection? :^)
Old 29-02-2012, 11:18 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
Decent sites... but I'm not seeing the spiritual connection? :^)

The sites are just about nutrition. The idea I have of the connection between nutrition and Spirituality is that what we feed our bodies helps and or hurts them, and it is not a really simplistic process. This to me is also true of what we feed our minds and spirits and emotions.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:44 AM
StephenK

Quote:
The sites are just about nutrition. The idea I have of the connection between nutrition and Spirituality is that what we feed our bodies helps and or hurts them, and it is not a really simplistic process. This to me is also true of what we feed our minds and spirits and emotions.

Very good answer!!

Let me respond by covering the spooky part of this first:

The reason politics play into this is that "politics" itself is not a far-distant inconsequential player in this formula. What we feed our
bodies is being directly effected by what's being done on that level... our government determines what the condition of the food that eat will be... it
essentially underwrites our health.... and it's long been my observation that a seriously unhealthy body is a solid impediment when it comes to
gaining deep insights into ones deepest nature... These bodies that we inhabit are our most intimate interface with the physical world.... the
cleaner it is, the healthier we keep it, the better it serves us as an antenna-of-insightful-perception.

Once our bodies become ill we are ~locked~ to its pain... if our blood is laden with toxins and stresses, it's nearly impossible to relax, to quiet the
noise, to blend with this gentle energy-flow... this very rhythm of that which is nature.

And a clean healthy body is the opening, that allows access, to that which is spiritual.... the two are a blend, they're not separate...

So what we are taught about food is deeply important to both physical health and the bonding with our spiritual origins .... and what we've been
taught and exposed to over the last 40 years is disturbingly counter to that which is healthy....

Modern day medicine is dangerous:
How Doctors Do Harm
by Doctor Mercola
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2012/02/13/how-doctors-do-harm.aspx

...And even more important has been the way we go about growing our foods, along with this process of making our foods sterile for infinitely-long
shelf lives. (could post reams of links on this one! )

And the political system is complicit in all this.... it seems to be very busy educating us "into" poor health...

It all ties together... and lately it's been "holism" turned-in on itself... we are spiraling into an ever deepening body-destructive process that will likely evolve into
a mess.. (look around you, it's already begun)

----------
Now... as to your point... :^)

There's a great deal of study and insight into how "what we think", and the way we think it, absolutely does inwardly help shape our experience with health...

Our Thoughts And Health –Changing Our Thoughts And Feelings To Affect Our Health
http://www.a-spiritual-journey-of-healing.com/thoughts-and-health.html

----
As to spirituality itself, this is something that we "open ourselves to".... I find it best not to try and pre-define what spirituality actually is... to each of
us it will open differently...

...in this regard we need to be mostly "receptive"... my experience suggest we can't "study" our way to our soul...

What we can do is to clean-up our physical and emotional issues... and then intuitively be watchful for what presents itself next..... The "surprises"
that we experience along the way will be customized to our current level of clarity and available absorption...
Old 01-03-2012, 06:24 AM
sesheta

To StephenK

As to spirituality itself, this is something that we "open ourselves to".... I find it best not to try and pre-define what spirituality actually is... to each of
us it will open differently...

...in this regard we need to be mostly "receptive"... my experience suggest we can't "study" our way to our soul...

What we can do is to clean-up our physical and emotional issues... and then intuitively be watchful for what presents itself next..... The "surprises"
that we experience along the way will be customized to our current level of clarity and available absorption...

Love that answer - well said :)
Old 01-03-2012, 12:25 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Here is a really good nutrition website.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/................

I love that site. Found it a few weeks ago and now I'm using it almost daily. Try looking up endive. That pale little tulip shaped lettuce is bursting with goodness, absolutely bursting. I pick it up every time I grocer shop now. It's like a natural multi vitamin. Love it.

As to government and regulations and such, I think that I have to agree with Stephen in that this era sees those agency directly affecting our levels of spirituality through 'enforcement' of health debilitating policies, regulations and education. Informing on this sort of issue might be an encouragement to those who aren't as committed as we all are (the unhealthy lurkers) to reconsider how they 'tune' their spirit's vehicle, i.e. the physcial body.
Old 01-03-2012, 03:21 PM
Master

Blood on your hands?

"If anyone who eats flesh could be taken to a shambles to watch the agonized struggles of the terrified victims as they are dragged to the spot where knife or mallet slays them; if he could be made to stand with the odours of the blood reeking in his nostrils; if there, his astral vision could be opened so that he might see the filthy creatures that flock round to feast on the loathsome exhalations, and see also the fear and horror of the slaughtered creatures as they arrive in the astral world and send back thence currents of dread and hatred that flow between man and animals in continually re-fed streams; if a man could pass through these experiences, he, at least, would be cured of meat-eating forever. These things ARE, though men do not see them, and they befoul and degrade the world"
- Dr Annie Besant

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 01-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Mayflow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
I love that site. Found it a few weeks ago and now I'm using it almost daily. Try looking up endive. That pale little tulip shaped lettuce is bursting with goodness, absolutely bursting. I pick it up every time I grocer shop now. It's like a natural multi vitamin. Love it.

As to government and regulations and such, I think that I have to agree with Stephen in that this era sees those agency directly affecting our levels of spirituality through 'enforcement' of health debilitating policies, regulations and education. Informing on this sort of issue might be an encouragement to those who aren't as committed as we all are (the unhealthy lurkers) to reconsider how they 'tune' their spirit's vehicle, i.e. the physcial body.

Other than usually weekends, I do use it daily. I've shared it with a few friends at work who also love it. It lists for almost any food either raw or cooked in different ways, not only the stuff the FDA requires them to; but also all the different vitamins, minerals, proteins, the amounts of omega 3 and 6 fatty acids, the quality of the proteins, what other foods have complimentary proteins, weight loss and gain potential, fullness factors, and has a great variety of search tools for optimum health and foods highest and and or lowest of any of these.

I'll try endive. I looked it up and it has everything you said + it is very anti-inflamatory, with a great amount of fiber and a surprising protein content. In a head, there are 17 carbs and 16 of them are fiber, so the entire head has 1 gram of net carbs. Also a great potassium to sodium ratio.

Now I just have to see how it tastes and how I may want to prepare it (if at all)
Old 02-03-2012, 02:37 AM
sesheta

I grew up eating endive :) Personally I prefer it just chopped up as a salad, tossed with some oil & pepper & garlic! A lot of my family prefers it cooked (which I can't stand) because once it's cooked, it's a lot like cooked cabbage - which I don't like, either!! But try it just as a salad - it is a little on the bitter side, but I love it! You could probably try mixing it with other salad greens, or different dressings....