Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 08-01-2012, 06:31 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Not to derail the topic - but I've done a gallbladder cleans twice - wowsa-

Briefly I'd like to mention that you're free to discuss whatever you want to along these lines, since just about anything that deals with a healthier body
is still relevant to this topic. A cleansing helps return a body to a more alkaline state, vegetarianism/vegan helps in returning a body to a more
alkaline state, reducing or eliminating meat and animal products helps in returning a body to a more alkaline state... therefore it's all acceptable!
Please feel free to contribute with great abandon along these lines! :^)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I just remembered there's a farmer's market this morning locally ~ what should I get, Stephen? Anybody? I'm so not into the habit of cooking or prepping food ~ small kitchen, just me...y'know.

Heeehee the good news here is that cooking, in itself, is totally optional! I don't like cooking either so this lifestyle totally appeals to my more lazy
self! Right now my level of prep involves tossing stuff into a blender and pressing the button marked "smoothy". :^) I do try and get in a salad
around midday, because smoothies are simply wonderful but it's nice to be chewing on at least one meal along the way!

Another thing I like about smoothies is the ability to smuggle-in all sorts of things that are highly nutritious but would taste either horribly bland or
down-right nasty were they to be 'et on their own. The smoothy I'm drinking right now consists of

1 banana
1 apple
4 mini carrots
a hand full of raw spinach
--and then the fun stuff
a couple tablespoons of raw organic coconut flakes
a table spoon of kelp powder
roughly a tablespoon of a freshly ground flax seed/chia seed mix (I have a coffee grinder set aside with this mix, in the whole and raw form, already in
it... press the button every morning and within moments it's available...)
about a tablespoon of dried Goji berries
an eyedropper full of organic vanilla
Then a little water and some crushed ice as the finish

Takes about 3 minutes to prepare, tons of nutrition, and then I sip on it while studying or writing on the puter.

I mix up the veggies and fruit from time to time, and will likely add more nutrient based items as they come to my attention... but here I get a full
meal with minimal effort and a load of good stuff to go with it! I love it! :^)

What we've found over the year is that our diets while shift , sometimes wildly, based on what we're currently into. We've spend 57 years learning
to eat a certain way so we figure it'll take a couple of years and a bit of study in order to shift into a different format... sometimes it can seem
frustrating, but overall it's been well worth the journey!

I did find a wonderful set of videos by a doctor that's amazingly informative in relation to meat and dairy products, illuminating why we should think
twice before keeping it as a mainstay! It's a 6 part series and I'm posting the like to the first clip, the rest should be available on the right side of the
screen once you've navigated to youtube. In the 6th clip he goes into his preferred diet based largely on the use of grains... grain use doesn't work
for us at all, but he's clearly okay with it.... however the first 5 clips are solidly insightful! It's the first time that I've seen all this info presented so
convincingly and all in one place! :^)

Foods That Kill - Part 1 of 6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zG_tn3KAXNE&feature=related
Old 08-01-2012, 09:39 PM
Master
Quote:
1 banana
1 apple
4 mini carrots
a hand full of raw spinach
--and then the fun stuff
a couple tablespoons of raw organic coconut flakes
a table spoon of kelp powder
roughly a tablespoon of a freshly ground flax seed/chia seed mix (I have a coffee grinder set aside with this mix, in the whole and raw form, already in
it... press the button every morning and within moments it's available...)
about a tablespoon of dried Goji berries
an eyedropper full of organic vanilla
Then a little water and some crushed ice as the finish

I know what dried goji berries look like ~ they're good by themselves or steeped as a tea also. Do they blend up completely or are there little bits in the finished drink? I know I need to start doing this veggie juicing thing. It's a matter of shifting and making the major change. I'm making it out to be worse than it is, and it still feels like a chore, but with your "healthy preaching", I just might make it yet!

Old 09-01-2012, 03:49 PM
StephenK

Quote:
I know what dried goji berries look like ~ they're good by themselves or steeped as a tea also. Do they blend up completely or are there little bits in the finished drink?

I was actually surprised when I first added the berries that there wasn't a boatload of bits! But this may be because of the blender I'm using. It's a
rather spendy Blendtec, but my goodness, it goes about it's business with pride! It has a 3 horsepower motor and spins the blade at speeds up to
300mph, quite the tornado. I have yet to have any separation or settling in my smoothies even after an hour or two of it's sitting!

And in regards to inspiration, both Wendy and I have been getting truly strange and yet welcomed comments by folks in our area. The last couple
of years we've been living in a small town near the Washington State coast so we've slowly been getting to know some of the town folk in the area. (we're
already laying the foundation for a move to Olympia, it seems small town living isn't really our forte', however :^) My wife has been taking periodic
walks with one of the long time locals so she's kinda out-there to be seen by many over time. Lately the lady she walks with has been sharing some
of the gossip circulating about Wendy and I. (gossip is endemic in a small town!) recently her friend has been asked if Wendy has had bariatric bypass
surgery, and am I being treated for cancer! We've been seen about town since we've been here and folks are scratching their heads as
to our weight loss. The other rumor is that I'm something of a health nut, which I interpret as a compliment and readily validate!

It's nice to see that our changes are not going unnoticed... and if someone were to ask me directly I'd be more than happy to fill them in on
the details! :^)

So this is partly what you have to look forward to if you stay on this path! If you have any weight issues at all, those become history! All the while
you'll be settling-into the growing-inner-comfort and glow that comes naturally with improving ones health. Health itself is like a mellowing
meditative rhythm that becomes "normal". I'm assuming that this rather consistent feeling of relaxed and deeply-felt comfort is a natural by-product
of a body-in-balance. Never felt anything like this on such a consistent basis in my 57 years of inhabiting this body. And this is why I'm becoming a
health-nut... it works... I'm seeing this same thing happening within Wendy, she's always run notably tense since I've known her (30+ years), but she's
lately seems to be riding on a cotton-like pillow of inner comfort and peace in such a way that's new to us both!

Learning to eat right is confusing at first because we've spent so much time in this life being surrounded by bad advice and examples. But turning this
corner and embracing this change is one of the coolest things you can do and spend time with!

Over the last month or so I've gone out and submitted my email address to several health sites news letters. This just came in today in one of those
mailings that I'll pass along cause if feels timely :^)

It's from the website at the following url:
http://www.acidalkalinediet.com/

And here's the direct link to todays PDF:

Top 10 Alkaline Weight Loss Tips for Busy People.
http://www.acidalkalinediet.com/top10tips.pdf

I'm hoping you find some of it helpful! :^)
Old 09-01-2012, 04:03 PM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
I was actually surprised when I first added the berries that there wasn't a boatload of bits! But this may be because of the blender I'm using. It's a
rather spendy Blendtec, but my goodness, it goes about it's business with pride! It has a 3 horsepower motor and spins the blade at speeds up to
300mph, quite the tornado. I have yet to have any separation or settling in my smoothies even after an hour or two of it's sitting!

And in regards to inspiration, both Wendy and I have been getting truly strange and yet welcomed comments by folks in our area. The last couple
of years we've been living in a small town near the Washington State coast so we've slowly been getting to know some of the town folk in the area. (we're
already laying the foundation for a move to Olympia, it seems small town living isn't really our forte', however :^) My wife has been taking periodic
walks with one of the long time locals so she's kinda out-there to be seen by many over time. Lately the lady she walks with has been sharing some
of the gossip circulating about Wendy and I. (gossip is endemic in a small town!) recently her friend has been asked if Wendy has had bariatric bypass
surgery, and am I being treated for cancer! We've been seen about town since we've been here and folks are scratching their heads as
to our weight loss. The other rumor is that I'm something of a health nut, which I interpret as a compliment and readily validate!

It's nice to see that our changes are not going unnoticed... and if someone were to ask me directly I'd be more than happy to fill them in on
the details! :^)

So this is partly what you have to look forward to if you stay on this path! If you have any weight issues at all, those become history! All the while
you'll be settling-into the growing-inner-comfort and glow that comes naturally with improving ones health. Health itself is like a mellowing
meditative rhythm that becomes "normal". I'm assuming that this rather consistent feeling of relaxed and deeply-felt comfort is a natural by-product
of a body-in-balance. Never felt anything like this on such a consistent basis in my 57 years of inhabiting this body. And this is why I'm becoming a
health-nut... it works... I'm seeing this same thing happening within Wendy, she's always run notably tense since I've known her (30+ years), but she's
lately seems to be riding on a cotton-like pillow of inner comfort and peace in such a way that's new to us both!

Learning to eat right is confusing at first because we've spent so much time in this life being surrounded by bad advice and examples. But turning this
corner and embracing this change is one of the coolest things you can do and spend time with!

Over the last month or so I've gone out and submitted my email address to several health sites news letters. This just came in today in one of those
mailings that I'll pass along cause if feels timely :^)

It's from the website at the following url:
http://www.acidalkalinediet.com/

And here's the direct link to todays PDF:

Top 10 Alkaline Weight Loss Tips for Busy People.
http://www.acidalkalinediet.com/top10tips.pdf

I'm hoping you find some of it helpful! :^)

Thanks a million for yet another rousing peptalk! And I'd dearly love to hook myself up with one of those super-blenders you got. Did you get it from Amazon.com?

Old 09-01-2012, 08:52 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Thanks a million for yet another rousing peptalk! And I'd dearly love to hook myself up with one of those super-blenders you got. Did you get it from Amazon.com?

You're most welcome Silvergirl! :^) This discovery is so cool that it's nearly impossible to keep quite about!

I ran and checked the blendtec blender that they have at amazon and indeed that's the same one and the best price that you'd find it anywhere!

http://www.amazon.com/Blendtec-Total-Blender-Four-Black/dp/B000GIGZXM

They even have it up for free shipping... and it's possible you won't have to pay taxes on it! This is the same price that we payed for it at Costco about
a month ago... it's $100 less that Blendtec sells it at their own website for. If you decide to go-there with this blender then this appears to be the very
best option! :^)