Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 22-03-2018, 08:34 PM
Newbie ;)

Casting a circle without incense

Hi! I want to cast a circle, but I don't have incense, as it's not legal to buy and sell where I live, for some reason.. can I use something else to represent fire and air, like a candle perhaps?
Old 22-03-2018, 09:16 PM
Master
A candle for fire and air would be fine.

For air you could use a feather instead of incense.

A feather is a great non incense representation for air.

If you wanted to use a candle for both fire and air, I see no reason why you couldn't especially if you are eclectic Wiccan.

Whatever your means of drawing your circle, will serve you.

The more creative the better, imo.

Yes you could substitute a candle, or if you would like you could use a feather in place of incense to represent air.

You seem to want to use one item as a combination item for fire and air, such as a candle. You are not only allowed this, as it is your circle and your working, I also find the technique interesting.

Are you using a one such combination item for Earth and Water as well? Or using a one combination item only for the fire and air?

It does not matter, I am only curious.

Yes, you can use a candle both to represent fire and air, if that is what you choose.

Unless you are strictly following a book of rules, or a certain tradition, whichever way you choose is fine.
Old 22-03-2018, 10:39 PM
Lepus

Hello

You can waft your feather over your candle to represent both elements (air and fire). A combination of herbs can be burnt like an incense. I read each herb corresponds to a particular element; a quick search from your browser should list the herbs that correspond with air and fire. Salt-water corresponds with both earth and water. Wiccans cast a circle using both salt-water and incense to fortify the circle and combine all elements in perfect harmony. This also cleanses your circle from unwanted energies.

Lepus
Old 22-03-2018, 11:53 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you so much, both of you!
I also figured salt and water for water and earth. I'm still trying to find my way in all this, and there are so many different sources of information, saying different things - yet incense has been a part of all the circle-casting techniques I have found so far.

I will definitely try candle and feather, and I will also find out more about what herbs can be used!