Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-06-2015, 05:46 AM
PaulF

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Some possiblities:
-Fear of the unknown
-Pretty sure of the next place and aren't going to like it
-Still not ready to move on
-Confused about being dead

This relates to my question as well. Because of the reasons you listed wouldn't it be logical for someone who has passed to be automatically drawn into the light instead of remaining in limbo or hiding in the dark.
Old 07-06-2015, 12:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howla Dark
Why are some spirits afraid of the light?

Maybe because the spirit has knowledge of the light from previous experience when it was innocent to its malevolence or during some lifetime has gained knowledge of what the light really is...a trap.
Old 07-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Master

Why dont we go to the light automatilcy ? FREE WILL .
Old 07-06-2015, 02:13 PM
Guide

Why are some spirits afraid of the light? Probably because they are afraid they're going to face "Hell" or be punished for their less-than-perfect lifetimes.

If you believe you've "sinned" and are going to face wrath and judgment, fire and brimstone for eternity, of COURSE you'd be afraid of the light.

No, skygazer, the light is not a trap. Fearing the light, that's the trap. Fearing the light is.. well... FEAR and FEAR is a trap of the human existance.

But we do have that choice; to resist, to stay, to hang around... or to move forward into the light. We aren't forced to do anything. It's like at death we're plunked down at the entrance of a beautiful park or a carnival. It's for us to walk through the entrance or stay outside.

And it's not a trap; the entrance/exit is always open. If it were a trap, spirit could never come back to visit, watch over us, or speak through a medium.

But those are just my beliefs, not necessarily yours. If you want to believe it's a trap, that the light is somehow evil, that's your right and privelege.
Old 07-06-2015, 02:27 PM
Master

True , hell is just a myth , many do beleve that is where there going so there in no hurry to get there . They might see the light as a trap .
Old 07-06-2015, 04:57 PM
Experiencer

I very regularly have entities (multiple) attached to me who didn't go into the Light. They are always confused by their death, don't know that they're dead, or they had a traumatic experience at death, and/or weren't prepared to die. They always tell us that they thought I was the Light or they saw my light and were drawn to it. One group of them said my light is "white and bright like the center of the sun."

A few of them have mentioned wandering in darkness until they saw my light. Some are aware of their surroundings and are drawn into my light if I'm in the vicinity. They say they felt like they *must* go to my light. It is familiar and feels "like home."

From all of this - this is my understanding about the early phases of the death process.

1) We must make peace with the eventuality of death, and that we can't always be sure when it will happen. (So finding some way to find death comforting might be a good idea here.)

2) Our ties to Earthly things or people can keep us here if we don't go into the Light when it first appears. (So considering the idea of non-attachment might help here.)

3) We will be drawn to the Light. If we do the above 2 steps, we should be able to go into it.

I'm sure there are lots of other people who carry light all around the world, and if we don't go into the Light, we will be drawn to those people when we encounter them. Unfortunately, not everyone who's carrying white light realizes that they are. And, if they're like me, they haven't found a way to release their spirit attachments to the Source/Light. So, we may be attached to them for a while until they figure it out or their vibration changes drastically and we no longer match them and can't stay connected. In other words, you won't be stuck here if you don't go to the Light right away. But, you will be confused and have a hard time.

I hope I'm making sense.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:11 PM
Guide

teak, I once encountered a spirit who was not aware she was dead and was very frightened. She seemed drawn to me, seemed to trust me enough to let me help her... but I didn't know how.

So I asked someone I know, and he said to tell spirit to call for her mother. She did, and her mother immediately came for her. The only thing that held the poor spirit back was her own fear and confusion.

Since you have a bright light and are something of a beacon, the next time you encounter a confused spirit you might try gently telling them to call out to a parent, grandparent, or other loved one.
Old 07-06-2015, 08:22 PM
Master
hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by onimusha
So when i die and don't go into the light, where am i gonna end up?

i ask it 2 coz wen i go i wud luv 2 meet al famly again so evn famky iv not met only 1 or 2 in dreams

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 07-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Tiger
Why are some spirits afraid of the light? Probably because they are afraid they're going to face "Hell" or be punished for their less-than-perfect lifetimes.

If you believe you've "sinned" and are going to face wrath and judgment, fire and brimstone for eternity, of COURSE you'd be afraid of the light.

No, skygazer, the light is not a trap. Fearing the light, that's the trap. Fearing the light is.. well... FEAR and FEAR is a trap of the human existance.

But we do have that choice; to resist, to stay, to hang around... or to move forward into the light. We aren't forced to do anything. It's like at death we're plunked down at the entrance of a beautiful park or a carnival. It's for us to walk through the entrance or stay outside.

And it's not a trap; the entrance/exit is always open. If it were a trap, spirit could never come back to visit, watch over us, or speak through a medium.

But those are just my beliefs, not necessarily yours. If you want to believe it's a trap, that the light is somehow evil, that's your right and privelege.
I don't fear the light
These are our opinions, Blue Tiger. Simply opinions.
Old 07-06-2015, 11:23 PM
LovelyBones

Then you live because you avoided heaven. :)