Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 07-12-2012, 10:43 PM
Knower
Why feel sad over a death

Why is it that you may or may not feel sadness over someones death?

I feel that i never get sad or upset when someone dies, i feel that i may come into contact with them another time. when i was younger, i never understood death, I feared it but never really understood why it was so. someone dying to me is like leaving on a vacation for awhile until i meet them again.

share your thoughts with me! : D

Love, light and laughter!
B4U <3
Old 07-12-2012, 11:09 PM
Ecthalion

I get sad when somebody dies for purely selfish reasons. I will miss them. Even if we will meet again, which I am sure that we will, I still have to face the rest of my life without them, which may be a long, long time. When someone goes on holiday you know that you will see them in a week or two. My dad died 24 years ago and I may live for another 40 years. That's a long time without him.

Peace and love
Old 08-12-2012, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator
Yes same here, I feel sad because I will miss them. Even though I know their Soul is OK, even though I can still contact them REALLY in love, and it's beautiful, there are times when I miss them. That is natural. But at the same time, I can often smile and feel joy for them too, and remember good things with a happy heart as time goes by.
The immediate loss of a loved one is a kind of shock to the system. We have to go with it naturally, and allow ourselves to feel those emotions.
After a while love may be sensed from them which definitely helps us understand, gradually lift out of grief, and be happier for them. They are safe and they are OK where they have gone.
They can be contacted in love, and in dreams very often. Those blessings are still available to us here to help us cope and be happier in our lives.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:44 AM
Nightshade

Because when someone is dead you can no longer talk with them, be with them or share an experience with them. Ofc that is sad.

The only reason I don't kill myself is because I do not want to transfer my suffering to my family: it would be selfish because I can imagine myself in their position - I would be extremely sad if some of my family members comitted suicide.
So I'll wait till my parents are dead and until my brother has a stable life - then I'll finish myself for sure since I'm incompatible with this place. To me, that is one of the few acceptable circumstances where it is "ok" to commit suicide: when the pain you transfer to your surroundings is minimal.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:18 AM
Super Moderator
Nightshade, I feel incompatible too. I would be a very sad person indeed if it were not for the love I have experienced-from a Soul who passed on. That love has reminded me of love itself, and many of those who tried to show me things in the past, people who did have some level of affection and care for me, but I couldn't see them at the time. Now I can.

I had a plan once that I would go up a mountain and succumb to hypothermia when I'd had enough (I have little in common with the way "this world" is run, and what happens here, and the average human desire levels)
I called it my "Plan B".
The love this Soul showed me has opened me up to a new way of living and feeling. Granted I still don't have anything in common with those things I mentioned, but now it doesn't matter as badly. I saw things much differently.
I'm not going to do "Plan B" now. I never will.

But yes, there are still times I will cry for missing the ones I love who passed on. Crying is OK. It washes the Heart.
Find your Sacred Space and live it -whatever it is.
Blessings from me.
Old 08-12-2012, 02:24 AM
Henri77

I also have never felt sadness from this.
When my soulmate "died" it was as if I'd encountered a catastrophic earthquake-tsunami ....and my life was profoundly shaken, but not quite sad,
just very empty for some time.

I rarely ever communicate with family after moving away, as I still feel connected to them in my soul. And when we do meet, it seems nothing has really changed.

Occasionally I wonder if I'm emotionally damaged, in that I don't generally miss people or feel the need to communicate.
Yet I've always fallen in love very easily, so perhaps this isn't a pathological sign, but a sense of oneness, that's we remain connected in our souls.

Last edited by Henri77 : 08-12-2012 at 05:05 AM.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLightB4U
Why is it that you may or may not feel sadness over someones death?

I feel that i never get sad or upset when someone dies, i feel that i may come into contact with them another time. when i was younger, i never understood death, I feared it but never really understood why it was so. someone dying to me is like leaving on a vacation for awhile until i meet them again.

share your thoughts with me! : D

Love, light and laughter!
B4U <3

Hi, B4U ~ Have you ever experienced the death of someone close to you?

Old 08-12-2012, 08:05 AM
Master

There are a lot of reasons why someone might be sad when someone passes.

Firstly, you will miss the person. My father died 6 months ago (this weekend) and I miss him with a passion - the fact that he had been in a home for 3 years with dementia and hardly had anything to say is irrelevant. I keep seeing things or hearing things and I think "i must tell dad, it would make him laugh" and then I remember he is gone. It's very strange, I had been so used to him being "gone" with his dementia and everything has shifted since.

Then, there is the psychic level. Energies all shift when someone passes and that takes a massive adjustment which are out of your control - and that is rough. There is also the presence of recently deceased which can be over-whelming. When dad died, I just knew so much that he was in the room with me and I would just be bewildered.

But, that's just my experience.
Old 08-12-2012, 12:54 PM
Suspended
A close friend died 11 weeks ago today. Unexpectedly with no previous illness.

I mainly feel sad that he won't get to live out his dreams, he can no longer bask in a beautiful sunset, stand in an empty field and fill his lungs with fresh air. Those things that he loved doing have all gone. I feel so sad that all his worrying and whittling was unnecessary. I feel sad that he died so young (46) and was in the process of chasing his dream life. I feel sad that all that energy/enthusiasm/essence of who he was is gone.

And as Belle said, I often catch myself thinking, "Oh, I must tell him that, he'll find it interesting/amusing" only to remember that he's no longer here. That makes me sad too.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:23 PM
glenos

I have lost my brother, my mother and my dad, friends too, one of which poured petrol and set light to herself outside of the local shops - people all around. The lot, all gone. yes I know, I truly know how sadness feels.
Each time the grief swallowed me up, though each time it became less because I searched for them, in every alley way, in every thought, in every dream, in every breath. I searched for the evidence that I was told was there, and I found them. I have lost many animal companions too ( I collect the sick the abused and the unloved) I found them also. Not in belief but in in your face irrefuteable evidence but it will never take away the sense of loss that I felt seeing as I am having a human experience. I am still but a child in the presence of the Great White Spirit but slowly I am understanding that love cannot part, cannot separate or ever be lost. This is the greatest legacy that those who have gone before have left us. Try as hard as you can to see with your spirit eyes. You know it makes sense ;0)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=gZiRKN9vBXE

G