Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 18-08-2015, 12:19 AM
Master
hmmmm well i look at it like this.

We are vibrating energy, and energy cannot be destroyed only merely change its form!

So in a way death is a illusion, our energetic form just changes.

Its admirable the way Ocean Breeze is thinking, in just accepting death. From my research intuitive knowing, i just think death is a illusion. Its been one of the biggest ways us human's have been bribe and mislead.

Everybody is so stressed, worrying about death. This could just be the start of a massive adventure, as our energies constantly change form and travel to other dimensions or whatever use your imagination.

And consciousness for me does not reside in the brain, the subconscious mind has the infinite amount of data storage ability! this piece of information was even stated in a lecture that i was attending. How can a infinite amount of information fit into the space between your head..? in my opinion it does not, our consciousness is something beyond matter. If it was made from matter, they would of pin pointed all area's of the brain that can explain memory! but they still can't!
Old 18-08-2015, 12:29 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
It dies with you. To me, consciousness can't exist without a brain and the brain can not exist without a body.

I don't concern myself with why anything exists. What matters is that i exist. Right now this moment i am existing. What i do concern myself with however is, how to make the best use of my time while i still exist.

ocean breeze, I totally understand completely 'living in the NOW'. It is important to do that. I also felt the same way at one time. Didn't ask any questions "why do we exist?" "Why do we love?" "Where do we go?" I didn't care. To me, it was all a product of our emotional complexes and our brain chemistry. And what happened after death was of no concern to me. I got on with living and appreciating life, day after day. I felt that probably nothing came after death, and I came to terms with that quite contentedly.
Without the brain, there is no consciousness.....I also felt that way. And that at the death of the heart and brain, that was it -lights out. It didn't even upset me. It seemed like the ultimate rest, in fact!

But I found out something different. Firstly I "went out of body". And by that I don't mean some trippy hallucination, or anything bordering on a dream. I mean really, literally, and stone-cold-sober -went out of body.
Okay, that PROVED to me instantly, that consciousness is using the brain and is not a product of it.

Then secondly -and this happened only a few years ago -not long ago indeed....I found out for 110% certain that we, and ALL creatures continue in existence after the death of the physical body. I had never been so surprised in my life at BOTH those things. Both discoveries gave me the shock of my life.

Just do please keep the door open a crack at least....
Because one day you will find yourself on the 'other side' and it can be very shocking and difficult to understand unless that door is just open a tiny crack.

I do NOT mean that to sound in any way patronising. And what I say is not based on my personal belief-system. I don't believe. I have to know. I honestly can't think of any better way to say it.
Old 18-08-2015, 06:23 AM
Master
Quote:
It dies with you. To me, consciousness can't exist without a brain and the brain can not exist without a body.

Thanks for responding ocean, I have a few friends who feel the same, guess we'll know when we get there!! its great to have diverse views though.

I recall someone saying to me once, looking inside the brain for consciousness is like looking inside a radio for the announcer, made me chuckle, hehehe!
So where does your interest in spirituality arise from?

Just a curious soul here ocean, not looking to fuss the points on it, just to get to know you :)

Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 18-08-2015, 06:55 AM
Master
Quote:
its great to have diverse views though.

Diversity in view points and personalities indeed make this place interesting. Its also nice to see people from different cultures.

Quote:
So where does your interest in spirituality arise from?

Curiosity mainly. It started with reading martial arts and fitness books, then i got into meditation to improve my performance, then from there i got curious about spirituality. All this took place around my mid twenties. Spirituality is a topic i have some interest in but at the same time i don't identify myself with it. If anything, to some i probably come across as more anti-spiritual.
Old 18-08-2015, 12:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Diversity in view points and personalities indeed make this place interesting. Its also nice to see people from different cultures.

Curiosity mainly. It started with reading martial arts and fitness books, then i got into meditation to improve my performance, then from there i got curious about spirituality. All this took place around my mid twenties. Spirituality is a topic i have some interest in but at the same time i don't identify myself with it. If anything, to some i probably come across as more anti-spiritual.

I find this very refreshing! I did read a little about martial arts and bruce lee, who used a lot of meditation and seemed to be one amazing channel of energy indeed!

Thanks for sharing ocean :)

Loopy

◌ⴽAꕂꕂ A simple smile could be the first aid kit that someone has been looking for,
If you believe with absolute honesty that you are doing everything you can....DO MOREꕂꕂ◌ⴽ
~Shane Koyczan~
Old 19-08-2015, 03:03 AM
Master
You welcome
Old 23-08-2015, 04:49 AM
Searcher347

Lightbulb Death

My exploration of out of body travel has shown me physical death is simply a departure from physical life and a temporary return to our true home. Reading Robert Monroe's books helped make sense of what I saw and experienced. Michael Newton's books helped give me a better idea of what happens to this identity I have after physical death. I recommend both authors for anyone seeking answers.
Old 25-08-2015, 12:44 PM
metalburner

Ever heard of a near death experience? I've had one and the people that experience these are clinically dead. No brain activity whatsoever and they report being in a place that's more real than the reality that we live in. We are all entitled to our opinions and beliefs. However once we die our eyes will be opened to the truth.