Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 03-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Samsakra

Smile Pre life agreements....who signed me up?

I have browsed the threads and I think that this is the best place to post my question.
If we were all non-physical beings and choose to come forth for the human experience, how much could we decide about our lives on earth? Did I choose my parents, my country, my race, my physical features all before I got here?
When I leave my earthly body was it agreed before or is my higher self pushing some of the buttons? I find this agreement factor very intriguing.
I would love to hear some points of view, and I love learning new things too.
Old 04-06-2012, 02:59 AM
Sybilline

Hi Samsakra,

Honestly I do not know how much we can decide to do here on Earth, sometimes I think we just create ourselves as we go along, if it is in fact true that all there is is "NOW", then that would make sense to me the most. I don't disagree with the idea of soul contracts, but I feel that the only thing they really agree on is that they already know each other (because they are ONE and they already know their own self), so when they get here they are just helping each other experience what they chose to experience, and I don't think that choice is fixed, because we are just continually creating every moment...
Old 04-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Samsakra

Wow...that makes a lot of sense. I am here for the experience. So what about my spirit guide isn't she someone who I have already chosen through many lifetimes. She knows me like I know me. Am I getting this?
Old 04-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Administrator
Well it is said that we choose our parents etc in spirit,then we come here to learn, this does not sit into my way of thinking as i would never has choosen to be born into the physical world again and most def not with my family, i have done nothing but suffer in this life, through family not believing in me etc, born to be hated by my mother especially, the ammount of operations ive had in this life is a lot believe me. no i would not have choosen to be here again,as far as im concerned life is hell on earth.,

Namaste
Old 05-06-2012, 02:27 AM
Distortedsoundz

You know, often I stop and think "Did I really sign myself up for this ca-ca?" I suppose there is a basic outline but I don't know. Life is just too fluid for everything to just be so rigid and meticulously planned before incarnating into a body.
Old 05-06-2012, 03:21 AM
Sybilline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samsakra
Wow...that makes a lot of sense. I am here for the experience. So what about my spirit guide isn't she someone who I have already chosen through many lifetimes. She knows me like I know me. Am I getting this?

Hmmm, you know to be honest I have not been able to speak to my spirit guides although I accept that they may very well be real... So I don't really know...
Old 05-06-2012, 06:04 AM
Henri77

Pretty cool question, one that's been asked by us all.

I feel I DID choose my parents ,as they chose me, in their own way.
Strictly on a soul level, disregarding specifics like economic level, location and available opportunities,

However many of us, I suspect, didn't really understand what would be involved when we arrived or the potential challenges of earth life.

I recall my teacher-minister saying her mother nearly died during delivery,
as she really didn't want to come, when she actually sensed how challenging her life would be, or how tough earth life is. Suspect she just wanted to do Gods work, but didn't realize the challenge she'd accepted.

She asked me the same thing, if my delivery was challenging...as she knew I came from a planet-plane where life was more harmonious and less competitive.

My parents admired my cousin, as he was a gentle, kind soul...and prayed for a child like him. (he also has red hair, a rarity among people of Polish descent.

My parents are very loving folks, and no doubt that's why I chose them. To learn from their example.

No doubt some required specific opportunities, Like Mozart, whose father was a composer and mover-shaker of sorts.
Or those who were born into families that allowed their unique scientific, artistic or political talents to flourish ....

Yet some evidently 'needed" challenges to awaken their potentials, like healers, revolutionaries, or others who defied the status quo, or their personal situation.

Anyway that's MY take on this. I'd love to know exactly how the selection process works as well.

Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 AM
RichMartini

If we were all non-physical beings and choose to come forth for the human experience, how much could we decide about our lives on earth? Did I choose my parents, my country, my race, my physical features all before I got here?
When I leave my earthly body was it agreed before or is my higher self pushing some of the buttons?

Great questions. I can tell you what the research into life between life therapy says.

Yes.

You did choose your life, you did choose your parents, and your soul mates signed up to help you out. You're following the script as you've designed it for yourself.

No one is pulling the strings per se. We have free will. We can screw it up - we make agreements with our loved ones and soul mates to play certain roles - they can screw up their agreements as well. We have free will after all.

But by and large we stick to our overall agreement. Think of it as a stage - we all come in for the casting call, and all agree to play different roles. We're giving cards with dialog - not all of it - some of it - and we put on costumes pick up props and do our best. At the end we have a death scene (hopefully it's not too over the top) and afterwards we return backstage where the party is waiting for us. <snip>.

I know this sounds a bit unusual. But it's based on thousands of sessions Michael Newton and his trainees have conducted, and the startling information people say under deep hypnosis about the process - and they say the same things no matter where they're from.

We are 'born' into a soul group - usually 3-25 individuals who we reincarnate with for millenia (the average is 15) some of your loved ones are in the group, some of your enemies may be there (because they agree to play the stone in your path so you'll learn from them spiritually). We have a life planning session with our loved ones - working out some of the details. Sometimes we're given choices - three different lives for example, each one with its own lessons. We see how we can interact with our other loved ones and agree (or not - you have free will to say no - not this time).

Then we show up around the 4th month. It's reported that prior to that the fetus isn't quite up to snuff to meld the energy. And.. we leave behind about two thirds of our energy during the process (reportedly because we'd blow the circuits). It's an agreement between the human and the spirit that's been going on forever. (at least on this planet). Then as we go through life we run into our soul mates and friends - you know who they are. They're people you feel like you've known forever. They are why people who've been married forever can remember the exact moment when they met their other.

And I've interviewed dozens of folks about that moment - to really examine it. I've heard "I knew I'd marry her the moment we spoke" or "he spoke to me and his voice and eyes made me feel i was home." This is what people report under hypnosis - and people who've never had a session report the same events - because it's the energy of what we're doing here, and the agreements we've made.

<snip> I don't want to drone on (apologies, but it's what I signed up for!) and the short answer is; yes. You've hit the nail on the head. We not only choose our parents and who we're going to be, but likely outcomes, like our sexuality, our journey whether it be helpful or antagonistic - all of its the examination of energy so that we can progress spiritually.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:39 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Samsakra

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMartini
When I leave my earthly body was it agreed before or is my higher self pushing some of the buttons?

Great questions. I can tell you what the research into life between life therapy says.

Yes.

You did choose your life, you did choose your parents, and your soul mates signed up to help you out. You're following the script as you've designed it for yourself.

No one is pulling the strings per se. We have free will. We can screw it up - we make agreements with our loved ones and soul mates to play certain roles - they can screw up their agreements as well. We have free will after all.

But by and large we stick to our overall agreement. Think of it as a stage - we all come in for the casting call, and all agree to play different roles. We're giving cards with dialog - not all of it - some of it - and we put on costumes pick up props and do our best. At the end we have a death scene (hopefully it's not too over the top) and afterwards we return backstage where the party is waiting for us. <snip>.

I know this sounds a bit unusual. But it's based on thousands of sessions Michael Newton and his trainees have conducted, and the startling information people say under deep hypnosis about the process - and they say the same things no matter where they're from.

We are 'born' into a soul group - usually 3-25 individuals who we reincarnate with for millenia (the average is 15) some of your loved ones are in the group, some of your enemies may be there (because they agree to play the stone in your path so you'll learn from them spiritually). We have a life planning session with our loved ones - working out some of the details. Sometimes we're given choices - three different lives for example, each one with its own lessons. We see how we can interact with our other loved ones and agree (or not - you have free will to say no - not this time).

Then we show up around the 4th month. It's reported that prior to that the fetus isn't quite up to snuff to meld the energy. And.. we leave behind about two thirds of our energy during the process (reportedly because we'd blow the circuits). It's an agreement between the human and the spirit that's been going on forever. (at least on this planet). Then as we go through life we run into our soul mates and friends - you know who they are. They're people you feel like you've known forever. They are why people who've been married forever can remember the exact moment when they met their other.

And I've interviewed dozens of folks about that moment - to really examine it. I've heard "I knew I'd marry her the moment we spoke" or "he spoke to me and his voice and eyes made me feel i was home." This is what people report under hypnosis - and people who've never had a session report the same events - because it's the energy of what we're doing here, and the agreements we've made.

<snip> I don't want to drone on (apologies, but it's what I signed up for!) and the short answer is; yes. You've hit the nail on the head. We not only choose our parents and who we're going to be, but likely outcomes, like our sexuality, our journey whether it be helpful or antagonistic - all of its the examination of energy so that we can progress spiritually.

Wow!! I am totally blown away. Thank you for explaining this concept so perfectly, it is all very clear to me now.<snip> I have just one more question. Everyone has problems or resistance during this human experience ok? So, am I right in understanding that our soul or higherself needs this problem or resistance for the expansion of the eternal soul. Meaning...without the resistance there are no goals or bridges to cross to achieve the expansion? Please answer, because really, really love talking about and learning this stuff. :-). :-)

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:40 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:00 PM
Henri77

Well I'd read that Darryl Anka (Bashar) is working on a similar film, exploring the afterlife.
but this sounds great and I'll have a look shortly.

It's something much needed.

Jurgen Ziewe also interviewed many people, while astral projecting to "the afterlife" and provides another perspective of this realm.
http://www.multidimensionalman.com/M...ter_death.html

It's very odd I'd never heard of this study before on any spiritual forum , as I expect many would welcome such a resource to supplement what books have already been written.