Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 16-07-2018, 07:55 AM
boshy b. good

automatic things within have got history
of redones. we might fight the drug abuse
that pitchered the grunch, with live alive,
so we don't know as sorry that be out
and in order to do this so we come forth
a good rush of cooled us out stuff only
and even responsibility owed does that

but it's not saying avoid the people deal
but it's saying relapse

not spending on shewing attitudes to fight
or not mad at people because by tries
mongering da women, and that feels
good, that we are overgrown that way.
the ego be what be the funny

Last edited by boshy b. good : 16-07-2018 at 04:09 PM.
Old 16-07-2018, 08:26 AM
Master
My ego has kept me safe for all this time so I didn't have to face my deep unworthiness.
Hi Tony, I wanted to comment on the above. I know everyone has their own beliefs, but many decades of spiritual endeavour have revealed to me certain truths, the first of which is this. The Ego, is the real enemy. Why would a friend make you believe you are unworthy. You my friend are at one and the same time, a part of the divine and its totality - you`re everything, after all, what is not God?
The thing that stops us realising this is our Ego. It is not real, yet it has been given existence and it has grown way beyond its original purpose. And it makes us believe things, like - `we are unworthy` or we are `greedy`, we are horrible etc, or if we are comfortable with ourselves it makes us believe we are `special`., or `we are above others` It works very hard to keep us unbalanced, because by unbalancing us, it stops us realising what we really are. My advice is to get back to the middle ground, don`t listen to any internal thoughts that put you down - understand that this is just the ego playing its games. Know the enemy and love it, but treat it as you would a friend who gives you bad advice.
Old 16-07-2018, 10:55 AM
Deactivated Account

Best way to deal with the ego - notice it, then let it go. In my own words it's "say hi then ignore it" lol. Sometimes spending too much time trying to figure the ego out actually just strengthens the ego. You end up down that rabbit hole which you can't get out of. Knowing your ego is important of course, but not spending too much time feeding it is also important.
Old 16-07-2018, 11:57 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySG
Hi
So I had a spiritual awakening at the beginning of the year and so much about my ego is becoming clearer to me. Now I have come to a real sticking point where I have to face a core issue. Which I believe is about self-hatred/not feeling like I am good enough.

I can see how this issue has controlled my whole life. My ego has kept me safe for all this time so I didn't have to face my deep unworthiness. But now as I am trying to move towards it, I feel like the ego defenses I have in place are almost impenetrable.

I am struggling to get to the core of this issue. I wondered if anyone else had some real difficulties getting to a challenging issue but managed to resolve it in the end? I think maybe I should seek out a spiritual teacher or counselor perhaps? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
Personally, I put my attention where I feel good about myself and acknowledge it. I don't need to be perfect, I just need to enjoy and love what I'm doing. How I feel is important to me because I know thats my core spirit, and while I feel good I'm doing well. I no longer need to dig up the past that I can't change, and I no longer seek the approval of others to make me feel worthy of being alive. Follow your excitement.

I know my soul wants expression in this physical universe and it can't do that if my ego doesn't raise itself up to meet it. Its all about being...so be who you wish to be now, today and leave the past behind.

I totally agree with what AraceliCianna wrote too.
Old 16-07-2018, 02:17 PM
boshy b. good

no, we know we are going to
bed alright already physically
and that our heaven be going
to hug us

yes, even the thrill of eating
sandwich, but it's true

you are right
Old 16-07-2018, 03:45 PM
Seeker

Quote:
Now I have come to a real sticking point where I have to face a core issue. Which I believe is about self-hatred/not feeling like I am good enough.

I have a very similar issue. The self hatred stemming from feelings of inadequacy while not knowing where this came from. I had a lot of ideas but whenever I thought I got it, I remembered something earlier in my life which could also be a factor or would prove that the issues already existed. But maybe this really isn't important.
Often I discover scratches on my hands or arms, having no idea where I got them from. Does it matter? What I have to do is take care of the wound, make sure it doesn't get infected and see that it heals.
I think it's the same with the scars on our souls. Finding out where we got them will make us relieve the pain. It doesn't show us how to heal. That's something we have to find out by examining the scar, not the cause.
So what exactly do you feel when you say you hate yourself? If you look at your life now, in the present, is there anything you actually hate, or does this feeling really stem from the past? And if that's so, maybe you shoud try to re-evaluate your life based on the present instead of listening to distant voices from your childhood.
What keeps the past so powerful is mostly our inability to forgive. That's the hardest part to work on.
Old 18-07-2018, 01:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Hi
So I had a spiritual awakening at the beginning of the year and so much about my ego is becoming clearer to me. Now I have come to a real sticking point where I have to face a core issue. Which I believe is about self-hatred/not feeling like I am good enough.

I can see how this issue has controlled my whole life. My ego has kept me safe for all this time so I didn't have to face my deep unworthiness. But now as I am trying to move towards it, I feel like the ego defenses I have in place are almost impenetrable.

I am struggling to get to the core of this issue. I wondered if anyone else had some real difficulties getting to a challenging issue but managed to resolve it in the end? I think maybe I should seek out a spiritual teacher or counselor perhaps? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
I know what you mean, one of the challenges is feeling out of place and different from the rest. I just learned how to except that maybe I am. But sometimes different is good. In a world where so many things are a trend and the rest is disregarded it's not easy but it's something I chose to be.