Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 04-04-2018, 11:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueSky
I've noticed quite recently that my posts are not receiving any replies even when I post where the originator asked for replies lol.
I figure either everyone has me blocked or there's something in this observation for me to learn from.
It seems like it is just very rare for the way we relate, more so here, with others to not be limited by a lack of genuine interest in one another. It seems we relate in ways that serve us alone.
True friends don't relate that way. They are truly there for one another.
I'm probably just as guilty of this to some degree but still it would be nice to have established some real friendships over the years here, ones where we truly listen and support one another. I see myself that way, as one who is a true friend.
I'm not surprised as the world away from here is the same way.
I wonder why that is.
I can't help but wonder if it's me.
I'd appreciate any thoughts on this, that is if you don't have me blocked and you can actually read this lol
Are we so caught up in this thing we do here called spirituality that we solely only relate in ways that serve us alone?
It's not a good feeling to be ignored, especially here because we all struggle with the same thing and probably have more in common than in our non forum life.
Hopefully my next post won't be "okay 150 views and no replies.....ouch"
Just letting you know that I have also seen this and I'm taking the opportunity to reply.

Yes, quite a few people truly have nothing to say and one would expect them to say it, but in real life there is associated body language to give indication that you are addressing a particular person or anticipating a reply...

Of course, if it bothers you, one can always re-iterate their response to a question by re-posting it or even sending a PM in regards.

I tend to notice though, whenever somebody asks something and I post, but get no replies, the original poster doesn't hang around for very long on SF anyway because maybe what they received wasn't what they were looking for.
Old 04-04-2018, 11:39 PM
Master
I don't have anyone blocked or ignored. But often times i find very little to say or express even if a post is something i can relate to.
Old 05-04-2018, 10:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Its almost like you have been invisible Bluesky. I wondered why you had gone quiet. :)

Here you are again. Welcome back.
I've been here, not as much but seemingly invisible lol
Thanks for replying Nature's flow...hugs to you as well

The cessation of identifying with the fluctuations arising within consciousness
Old 05-04-2018, 10:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean breeze
I don't have anyone blocked or ignored. But often times i find very little to say or express even if a post is something i can relate to.
I understand and feel the same way at times. Thanks for replying ocean breeze, I do enjoy your posts when I'm looking around sometimes

Old 05-04-2018, 01:00 PM
Master

Quote:
I've noticed quite recently that my posts are not receiving any replies even when I post where the originator asked for replies lol.
I figure either everyone has me blocked or there's something in this observation for me to learn from.
It seems like it is just very rare for the way we relate, more so here, with others to not be limited by a lack of genuine interest in one another. It seems we relate in ways that serve us alone.
True friends don't relate that way. They are truly there for one another.
I'm probably just as guilty of this to some degree but still it would be nice to have established some real friendships over the years here, ones where we truly listen and support one another. I see myself that way, as one who is a true friend.
I'm not surprised as the world away from here is the same way.
I wonder why that is.
I can't help but wonder if it's me.
I'd appreciate any thoughts on this, that is if you don't have me blocked and you can actually read this lol
Are we so caught up in this thing we do here called spirituality that we solely only relate in ways that serve us alone?
It's not a good feeling to be ignored, especially here because we all struggle with the same thing and probably have more in common than in our non forum life.
Hopefully my next post won't be "okay 150 views and no replies.....ouch"

Hi BlueSky,

There's nothing wrong with you...

But there are many reasons why and how people participate.

My own feeling is that members should do what is inspiring and avoid what is not inspiring. Time is precious; why waste it?
But not everyone subscribes to that, nor does everyone subscribe to a monolithic view of what inspiration is.

In that regard, it helps therefore, to cultivate some degree of detachment from any expectation concerning responses (or lack thereof), or even pertaining to the actual content of actual responses; but also reciprocally giving others sufficient latitude. The risk and reward of participation is the risk and reward. We can't control it, but we can accept it. This often means having an open mind and heart, but also a thick skin.

~ J
Old 05-04-2018, 01:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Just letting you know that I have also seen this and I'm taking the opportunity to reply.

Yes, quite a few people truly have nothing to say and one would expect them to say it, but in real life there is associated body language to give indication that you are addressing a particular person or anticipating a reply...

Of course, if it bothers you, one can always re-iterate their response to a question by re-posting it or even sending a PM in regards.

I tend to notice though, whenever somebody asks something and I post, but get no replies, the original poster doesn't hang around for very long on SF anyway because maybe what they received wasn't what they were looking for.
Thank you for taking the time to reply Shivani Devi.
I'm sure there are all kinds of reasons of which includes nothing to say.
I guess part of all this is that it's almost impossible to establish really good friendships in non forum life and the reasons truly escape me so I am always on guard to the reason being me.
If I had to describe how others see me, I would say that I am very well liked but very few try to come close enough to really know me.

Old 05-04-2018, 01:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir
Hi BlueSky,

There's nothing wrong with you...

But there are many reasons why and how people participate.

My own feeling is that members should do what is inspiring and avoid what is not inspiring. Time is precious; why waste it?
But not everyone subscribes to that, nor does everyone subscribe to a monolithic view of what inspiration is.

In that regard, it helps therefore, to cultivate some degree of detachment from any expectation concerning responses (or lack thereof), or even pertaining to the actual content of actual responses; but also reciprocally giving others sufficient latitude. The risk and reward of participation is the risk and reward. We can't control it, but we can accept it. This often means having an open mind and heart, but also a thick skin.

~ J
Thanks Jyotir. I hear you and agree with regards to expectations and that is why the first place I looked is within.
With me it's not that expect anything, it's just that in my non forum life it has always escaped me why close friends are do hard to find and why people have such a hard time accepting the differences we share so I settled on it just being the way I come across and the fact the people struggle with accepting others as they are. I guess I expect something different here and keep in mind that I am not suggesting that being why I am here.
I have a great life, a great family and I'm really happy. I just have always missed out on having close friends

Old 06-04-2018, 02:23 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you for taking the time to reply Shivani Devi.
I'm sure there are all kinds of reasons of which includes nothing to say.
I guess part of all this is that it's almost impossible to establish really good friendships in non forum life and the reasons truly escape me so I am always on guard to the reason being me.
If I had to describe how others see me, I would say that I am very well liked but very few try to come close enough to really know me.
No problem.

There is also the point about secular interests and topics which are less popular than the standard New Age versions.

I bet that if I were to talk about Twin Flames or Family and Relationships or anything to do with the actual social side of spirituality, there would be limitless replies, but even in sections like this one, like Spirituality, like Non-Duality or Hinduism/Buddhism, only 2-3 new threads are created every week and they only last for about half a dozen posts...and as sad as it is, traffic and topic on this forum seems to be slowing down a heck of a lot anyway and I've noticed that quite a few people are either moving on, or only choosing to post once a month or so.

Which brings up the old adage "a watched pot never boils" and sometimes, it's best to go on here for a few hours, make/reply to threads and then check it again after a week. If nothing happens, make/reply to a few more threads and check them, with those other threads after another week...and if they are still not getting any replies, maybe it's a synchronicity from the Universe saying that it's time to move on also - sad but true.
Old 06-04-2018, 09:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
No problem.

There is also the point about secular interests and topics which are less popular than the standard New Age versions.

I bet that if I were to talk about Twin Flames or Family and Relationships or anything to do with the actual social side of spirituality, there would be limitless replies, but even in sections like this one, like Spirituality, like Non-Duality or Hinduism/Buddhism, only 2-3 new threads are created every week and they only last for about half a dozen posts...and as sad as it is, traffic and topic on this forum seems to be slowing down a heck of a lot anyway and I've noticed that quite a few people are either moving on, or only choosing to post once a month or so.

Which brings up the old adage "a watched pot never boils" and sometimes, it's best to go on here for a few hours, make/reply to threads and then check it again after a week. If nothing happens, make/reply to a few more threads and check them, with those other threads after another week...and if they are still not getting any replies, maybe it's a synchronicity from the Universe saying that it's time to move on also - sad but true.
You bring up very good points and I have noticed these things over the years as well.
Twin flames sure is a popular one. I never went down that path so I can't really relate

Old 06-04-2018, 12:01 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Thanks Jyotir. I hear you and agree with regards to expectations and that is why the first place I looked is within.
With me it's not that expect anything, it's just that in my non forum life it has always escaped me why close friends are do hard to find and why people have such a hard time accepting the differences we share so I settled on it just being the way I come across and the fact the people struggle with accepting others as they are. I guess I expect something different here and keep in mind that I am not suggesting that being why I am here.
I have a great life, a great family and I'm really happy. I just have always missed out on having close friends

Hi BlueSky,

I am glad you addressed this. I've read most of your thread. I almost never post on SF these days and rarely read anything. I don't post because usually, I have nothing to contribute, often because of the age difference.

I was wondering what was it that you were looking for, more engaging conversations or a personal connection and/or friendship.

I wanted to know more about who you were but your profile said virtually nothing, if I am not mistaken. I am wondering if this has any meaning in the context of your thread.

I hope whatever you long for comes into your life.